Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 04:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wow wow wow is all I can say about this weekend, yes I had tough luck during my qualifying runs and sorted this out for the mains, but that's for another day,

this weekend was just perfect for us and we really did work out as a TEAM. I think we made the most noise and had the most fun, but most of all got all the cars working real good.
Well done to everyone for there contributions to make our cars even better.....

Jimmy
Old 10-15-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

It's great to here how well the new models are doing ! But it's hard to be here in the US ,still waiting since Aug.16, for instock kits !

I couldn't wait any longer and picked up a new/used combo of A700's here on Rctech . I have been do well with the car and get better every race day .

I see chassis are now instock , what is the pros and cons of the two new lower
chassis decks , EX and L ?
Old 10-15-2012, 06:22 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray k
It's great to here how well the new models are doing ! But it's hard to be here in the US ,still waiting since Aug.16, for instock kits !

I couldn't wait any longer and picked up a new/used combo of A700's here on Rctech . I have been do well with the car and get better every race day .

I see chassis are now instock , what is the pros and cons of the two new lower
chassis decks , EX and L ?
The EX is the expert kit like before with a few small changes. It can be ran in both motor configurations. The L is the newer kit that sells for less. It can only be ran in the direct drive inline motor configuration and is a bit more narrow than the previous version.

EA
Old 10-15-2012, 06:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Both are working well. The L chassis is the narrow one, with the new flex option but you can only run std. Motor layout north/ south. It has little bit more steering and change of load is perfekt.

The EX chassis is little bit wider, has also the new flex options but you can use the transverse motor kit. The chassis has a lot traction and is very easy to drive.

So, L has less rear traction, but good and very fast reaction and EX chassis is maximum easy to drive and very smooth.

All the stock guys at ETS used the L chassis with soft flex settings.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Thanks guys !, Do you need the new servo mount system for the "L" chassis deck since it is narrower ??
Old 10-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray k
Thanks guys !, Do you need the new servo mount system for the "L" chassis deck since it is narrower ??
Nope, std servo posts are compatible.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Hi ,
I got my A700L on Monday before the ETS.
Have 3 days built and use Freddy's Std. Ride tire Setup.

On friday the first trainingsheat was the first time i used my Awesomatix ! NO Training before !!!!!

The Car was so easy to drive and so incredible fast .....
I changed only two things on the setup after my first run:
- Stabis expanded
- Switched from Soft to Hard spring

No other changes after this!!!

I started from position 9 in the Finials and made the 5 Place overall!
The Car was so easy to drive and so incredible fast ....

Best car i ever had !!

Big thanks to Freddy and Shepherd Micro Racing !!!!
Best Regards Max Mächler
Old 10-15-2012, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

This ETS definitely showed the strength of teamwork! If Mod qualification would have gone a bit smoother for some of the other guys, the Mod A would have looked like the Pro Stock A! I ran one of the first production cars, only change from the standard kit was that I used the new softer springs. My car was dialed in my mains; only wish my driving was better during qualification. Special thanks to Jimmy for all the set-up information, great to see you racing again! Max keep up the good work, I will try to make it to the track over the next few weeks.

Patrick
Old 10-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

its a shame that there are not many UK drivers. I had one that I only kept for a few months. The simple reason was I had no one to share any knowledge or setup information on how to make the car quicker/easier to drive when conditions changed (ie bumpy).

It is such a radical design that you cant really use the standard knowledge gained from other cars to put in to use for the a700.

The car is really quick, to be honest, on certain tracks I believe that it will be almost unbeatable.

As a racing car I don't think it has an equal.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by XCELL
This ETS definitely showed the strength of teamwork! If Mod qualification would have gone a bit smoother for some of the other guys, the Mod A would have looked like the Pro Stock A! I ran one of the first production cars, only change from the standard kit was that I used the new softer springs. My car was dialed in my mains; only wish my driving was better during qualification. Special thanks to Jimmy for all the set-up information, great to see you racing again! Max keep up the good work, I will try to make it to the track over the next few weeks.

Patrick
X2 the weekend was great, know we have a superb starting point the car will only get better.

Patrick your more than welcome just drop me a line anytime.

Jimmy
Old 10-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mb3195
its a shame that there are not many UK drivers. I had one that I only kept for a few months. The simple reason was I had no one to share any knowledge or setup information on how to make the car quicker/easier to drive when conditions changed (ie bumpy).

It is such a radical design that you cant really use the standard knowledge gained from other cars to put in to use for the a700.

The car is really quick, to be honest, on certain tracks I believe that it will be almost unbeatable.

As a racing car I don't think it has an equal.
I agree with you there!.....it is the fastest car....especially while cornering....i think thats why every other manufacturer is scrambling to lower there CG.....if only we could get the new parts ....the fact that i cant get the new parts is the reason why i keep juggling back and forth from selling to wanting to keep it ..back to selling lol......this is an evil game your playing Oleg lol
Old 10-16-2012, 07:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A700L instock. Now where's the A700EX??
Old 10-16-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Congratulations for all our team with great ETS result!

Thank you, guys!

Freddy's setup is here: http://awesomatix.com/download/

We add new kits every day to our web shop now but they are disappearing very quick. Sorry for this inconvenience. We hope to increase our productional rate very soon.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
Congratulations for all our team with great ETS result!

Thank you, guys!

Freddy's setup is here: http://awesomatix.com/download/

We add new kits every day to our web shop now but they are disappearing very quick. Sorry for this inconvenience. We hope to increase our productional rate very soon.
Hello Oleg. Has the new car proven to be substantially much better than its 'parent' A700, or is the improvements marginal?
Old 10-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JayBee
Hello Oleg. Has the new car proven to be substantially much better than its 'parent' A700, or is the improvements marginal?
Hy,
I raced both, I got one of the first kits last Year and was using it a hole year.
Now I switched on the same car just the new upgrade parts.

the difference is not sooo big, but the new servo is a nice feature, attached at one point and the servo ill no longer touch the chassis, so more balance in Flex and also it will not tweak so fast.

the new Damper is the major difference that now when you have a problem with one you don't need to remove the hole part, you just open the case and remove the dampercartrige, this make is less expensive in change.

the new chassis is great, very balanced and will tweak not so fast like the old one.

But all in all, even with the first kits that hitted the marked you will be as fast as with the newer one. The car is awesome..new or old.
the best choice in touring cars with a really nice Team around...

regards Tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.