Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
I'm wiring up my F1 and was curious what gauge wire I should use. I'm running a 21.5 no boost, 2s. I was thinking 14awg would be plenty. Suggestions?
16ga
Old 10-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
I see pan car type rear tires in these pictures , at least as far as width is concern. That seems more like tamiya flexing its muscles again, banning anybody faster than them ! It would be better if they allowed pan car tires, but with a minimum diameter of 63+mm or something!!!!!
There are no pan car tires in these pictures,they run a control tire that is F103 size and F104 size in the scale class.
Pan car tires and wheels are only used by companies that dont really like F1,they just try to make money useing what they all ready have,and dont come up with anything that they have to spend money on to make.
So personally I dont care about Corally chassis cars as they have a very small interest in F1.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Really, so why people are saying the Corally F1 is faster than everybody else? I guess if they were slower, they would be allowed to participate, right ! Rc Formula one is not a Tamiya brand ! I know how they try to exclude everybody else, and that's not cool with me ! We see what they do in the mini class, and they always try to replicate that elsewhere, brainwashing everybody in the process.....
Old 10-17-2011, 10:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
RAISE UP!!

RC F1 GP
http://www2.odn.ne.jp/~cai36980/F1RCGP/racereport.html

not my pix, just wanted to link them..too cool
Originally Posted by texastc
YES!!!!

HELL YES!

I get to race my fat tire F1 this weekend too!

Don't let these "Realistic" cars die!

200mm F1 on foam rules.

Yeh, RISE UP or get em put back on the shelf!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Tech Champion

Really, so why people are saying the Corally F1 is faster than everybody else? I guess if they were slower, they would be allowed to participate, right ! Rc Formula one is not a Tamiya brand ! I know how they try to exclude everybody else, and that's not cool with me ! We see what they do in the mini class, and they always try to replicate that elsewhere, brainwashing everybody in the process.....
The difference is the tires...the pan car tires are much wider in the rear and easier to get rear grip out of...and look completely out of scale. If they used a standard sized F1 tire people wouldn't have a problem with it. Back in the F103 days there were several cars out there that used the Tamiya sized rims and tires that were allowed to race at most club races like Kyosho, Cross, and others. Today we have the F104, the Tech car, and the 3Racing F109 converted to the F104 front suspension and tires that are accepted by most local racing organizations. So it isn't about excluding anything not Tamiya...it is about preserving the scale appearance of the class and keeping competition somewhat on an even basis.

Not to mention the Corally's really ugly and not in the least bit scale looking front suspension. The older version at least had front suspension that was passable for scale.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Champion

So if I cut my pan car rims and tires to spec, they will let me race ? Or is it that the chassis brand is banned ? I only see 3racing and tamiya competing. No other brand,even if you come up with your own. Competition on an even basis or tamiya basis ? I here that even the old wide tamiya f103 is sometimes banned. It's like a TC class with trf417's only, no other brand, not even the trf414's that used to be legal by the way. In other words, keep buying our newest cars or else you won't be allowed to participate! That's what is discouraging newcomers......
Old 10-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Last I checked it wasn't Tamiya or any other manufacturer making up the rules with the exception of TCS. If other manufacturers cant make a car that fit within the most common rules then who's to blame for that?
Old 10-17-2011, 11:34 PM
Tech Champion

By the way, 3racing just released a 190mm wide chassis that will probably become the norm. So we went from 200mm to 180mm, and now up to 190mm, and so on.... I love F1 , but I think that they should all be allowed , even Nikko's ,as long as the tires can be cut to size !
Old 10-17-2011, 11:38 PM
Tech Champion

So if I cut my pan car rims and tires to spec, they will let me race ? Or is it that the chassis brand is banned ? I only see 3racing and tamiya competing. No other brand,even if you come up with your own. Competition on an even basis or tamiya basis ? I here that even the old wide tamiya f103 is sometimes banned. It's like a TC class with trf417's only, no other brand, not even the trf414's that used to be legal by the way. In other words, keep buying our newest cars or else you won't be allowed to participate! That's what is discouraging newcomers......
True that Tamiya keeps discontinuing kits and in some classes only allow the new stuff at their events but it is their event.
Not sure why they keep allowing the older Mini chassis to compete but not the older double deck TCs?

They dropped the F103/200mm to support the F104 and I am still pissed.
I still want to see both classes of F1 available if sign ups support both.

If your Corally doesn't have stuff on it that makes it look goofy or give it an unfair advantage over the standard F1s, you know which ones, then others would be crazy not to let you run it. Afterall we're on here trying to keep F1 alive right?
Pan car wheels and tires aren't only wider, and yes, could be cut down but the wheel diameter is larger which isn't scale looking and is probably an advantage as well.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Champion

Right now I can get Corally S4 wheels at 64mm diameter, which is bigger than tamiya foams, and just true them down to the same size as the tamiya's, after cutting the rear wheels to the same width as the tamiya rears. If they still don't allow it then they've lost their sportsmanship....
Old 10-18-2011, 12:15 AM
Tech Champion

There is also a Tech Racing car that runs the F104 wheels and the same dimensions.

Back when I was running a scale F1 class we would allow the Corally, HPI, and others if they converted their axles to use the Tamiya or Kyosho rims and tires to keep the scale looks. But it also goes beyond scale appearance and into competitiveness. Take your TC example...it is a bit off...it would be more like allowing a 200mm TC with tires twice as wide and half the weight to compete against 190mm TCs with heavy and narrow tires. There is no way that would be allowed in TC...why should it be allowed in F1? Cars like that just can not fairly compete against F104s...same goes for the F103. Unfortunately there are just too many configurations of F1 cars out there. To do it properly would take 3 classes when there just isn't enough racers out there to support it. Now 3Racing has a whole different F1 coming out with completely different dimensions from all the others. This is the problem with F1...the manufacturers are all going their own way which only hurts the class in the long run. So we are stuck in a conundrum...let all the chassis compete and the class dies because the only way to be competitive is to have a pan car with a F1 body slapped on it...or to limit chassis to start with and isolate potential entries because their cars don't meet the standards. Groups like USF1 are trying to get a standard in place so hopefully manufacturers will make cars that are all within the same overall specs.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:27 AM
Tech Champion

USF1?

Am I missing something or do you mean UF1?

UF1 is going to 180mm F1 cars only and dropping the "Open" class which allowed 200mm and foam tired cars but required F1 type front ends and wheel/tire combos.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:32 AM
Tech Champion

Right I meant UF1.

My understanding is they had their normal class and the Open class. If they are dropping the Open class that goes to further my point that there just is not enough people in it to support multiple F1 classes.

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
They dropped the F103/200mm to support the F104 and I am still pissed.
I'm with ya on that one...I love the F103 platform over the F104...the front suspension on the 104 is just too wobbly for my taste and the tires/wheels much too heavy for that front end make it even more wobbly. But the F104 is more more in keeping with current real F1 design.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

THey say that because its the tires and not the chassis,the current Corally is 200mm,same as the F103. Most people do not know this.
SO you are sort of correct,people are brain washed. We allow people to run Corally here but in Japan,but 1/10th pan car wheels are hard to find and expensive,plus the look stupid.
So there you go Corally`s just look stupid!!!!
The F1 RC series here in Japan doesnt allow pan car tires,because they are trying to sell the crappy Zen F103 tires because he is a sponcer,they also allow Gyros.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Right now I can get Corally S4 wheels at 64mm diameter, which is bigger than tamiya foams, and just true them down to the same size as the tamiya's, after cutting the rear wheels to the same width as the tamiya rears. If they still don't allow it then they've lost their sportsmanship....
Have you check your Corally its 200mm,same as a F103 so you do not need to cut the wheels.It just looks stupid,so people that like F1 do not want to see stupid looking cars.
So you should pick a different class where fast is all that is important. If you like F1 buy a different chassis that looks like an F1 car. There are at least 12 out there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.