Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 08:55 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Magnets to hold the body on the chassis is mostly used for drifting only and not really found on any other type of RC cars. Drifting is usually very slow pace and they cars doesnt go that fast so they can get away with using magnets, also drifting bodies are very flashy with huge vendor flares and wings and headlights and smoke machines and having 4 post sticking out kinda ruins the lines.

TC or F1 or any type of RC that races needs the body to be securely mounted to the car so it doesnt just fly off in a crash and the marshals can quickly pick up your car and drop it back down on the track to continue the face, rather than picking up your car and body and spending precious seconds aligning the body back on the car
Mr Brooksy likes this.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Very well done

Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy
I've almost finished my Serpent SF2W with a Jordan Mugen Honda 199 of Damon Hill.

First time I have built a non Tamiya car, first time I have painted using liquid mask, and first time I went away from using decals that match the car I was building.

Hope you like.

I'm fairly happy with it so far. Finding it hard to find a wing set that is like the 1999 Jordan, and am not all that excited about the position of the body. The use of the 90's wing makes the rear end look very sparse as the 05 shell is designed for the more forward fitting wing. The front wing also has the wrong shaped end plate (and I have yet to add the yellow vinyl). I also cut the shell out for the the F104 chassis before I changed my mind, so the front suspension cut out's are too large. Am also on the look out for a set of Exotek +3 offset rear rims and foams that will be replace the F104 Pirelli marked tyres.

Anyway, I'll stop being my own biggest critic.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Giorgio
Some or the actual F1 chassis are rather "large", this would cause some unwanted surface scrub. Moreover, this dimension is somewhat a limit in the softness of the setting.

Available from begin of September, from Fenix, the "Slim chassis line".
For the most popular F1 chassis

Xray X1 17/16/15

Associated F6

Yokomo YRF10

Fenix Mistral
Looks like what McFactory did to their 12th conversions with their "L" type.
forFREEDOM likes this.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Curious if these are new tires on the scene or just rebrand. Hope for the first.

Red RC ? RC Car News » Volante 1/10th formula tyres & side wall stickers

VOLANTE Competition Group

Old 07-27-2017, 02:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default My car from recent CTS race

2016 Red Bull
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-rb-ripon1.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-rb-ripon2.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-rb-ripon5.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-rb-ripon6.jpg  
texastc and aracefan like this.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999
why are antenna tubes still a thing today?????
Well don't know about your antennas but the ones I use are still about 3" long and under a F1 body there is a chance they can get caught up in things so I run them through an antenna tube an out the body just for convenience.

Plus I still like seeing that antenna thing - its a bit old school but thats what rc cars looked like when I started. I don't mind so much they got rid of the long antennas on transmitters but there is just something about seeing a car zipping around with that bit of obvious RC sticking out
Old 07-27-2017, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Acid_CZ
Curious if these are new tires on the scene or just rebrand. Hope for the first.

I am not for sure on this but I would doubt they are re-branded because they are low profile and I am not aware of any one else who offer's low profile F1 rubber tire's.

I for one do not like them as they do not look like the Full Scale F1 tires. But the side was sticker's are deffinately very cool !

Regards
BM
Old 07-27-2017, 06:35 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by ShadowAu
Well don't know about your antennas but the ones I use are still about 3" long and under a F1 body there is a chance they can get caught up in things so I run them through an antenna tube an out the body just for convenience.

Plus I still like seeing that antenna thing - its a bit old school but thats what rc cars looked like when I started. I don't mind so much they got rid of the long antennas on transmitters but there is just something about seeing a car zipping around with that bit of obvious RC sticking out
I use antenna-less receiver just for the cleaner look.

Pretty sure they arent rebranded. Volante makes their own tires.
Originally Posted by British Menace
I am not for sure on this but I would doubt they are re-branded because they are low profile and I am not aware of any one else who offer's low profile F1 rubber tire's.

I for one do not like them as they do not look like the Full Scale F1 tires. But the side was sticker's are deffinately very cool !

Regards
BM
WRC makes low profile F1 tires as well
Old 07-27-2017, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

These are new tires and wheels.

Scotty made them the spec tire for AOC in Australia - Med fronts, Soft rears. That race will be on August 13th, so we should get a good idea how they perform. It's a temporary venue and unsure what carpet they will run on.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Regards
BM
What he said! Low profile for the lose!
Old 07-27-2017, 08:37 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xevias
These are new tires and wheels.

Scotty made them the spec tire for AOC in Australia - Med fronts, Soft rears. That race will be on August 13th, so we should get a good idea how they perform. It's a temporary venue and unsure what carpet they will run on.
Pretty sure that the carpet is black CRC. Videos from last year's event are here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...hrAkTTqEmy3jL6

Phil.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:09 PM
Tech Adept

Had my first visit to a professionally run track and testing facility yesterday in GZ! It was fantastic, car had many many shortcomings... Or should I say, my building skills and understanding had many shortcomings, but John, Max and the rest of the Serpent guys really helped me out more than I could have imagined. Everything from recommending me correct tyres for my Serpent, to diagnosing a motor fault whilst giving me a great price on a barely run motor to get me back on track.

And above all giving time to my 6 year old son who was beside himself with boredom one second to very excited the next when Dad finally got the car onto the track... 2 hours after I arrived.

Overall I spent 4 hours there and most of it was behind a desk sorting out the next major issue, but ultimately had a great day and my son scored a TT02 out of it so he's now totally hooked, and I'm a little poorer...

And the paint job looked great against all the others the who were obviously regulars so I'm pleased by that too.

Will be going back as often as I can over the next few months.
Antimullet and Fredp1 like this.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

Regards
BM
I just hope they dont become standard in few months as are those ugly aero shells like xray or montech. I dont want to see F1 class to become as unrealistic performance focused thing like TCs are..
Old 07-28-2017, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

These tires fit the fgx or not ???
Old 07-28-2017, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Thanks to my bud slotracerbobby for painting up the Renault R25 for me.
Got the stickers done and plan on working on the Alonso helmet over the next week. Here's a few shots of it.

Thanks for looking! Hope to get the helmet done faster than the body.
PDR, texastc, Ph3nyx and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.