Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2923Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 10:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I did the same wing, weight test and my car wouldn't turn or grip
But my track is big, almost 200' and we run 21.5

Even same weight wings handle different
trx-1racer likes this.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dman18t
I did a test where I ran for a run as normal, then removed wings completely & added the weight of the wings to compensate the loss. Car ran ide tical times and drove the same.

Just pick wings you like and are durable and don't drag. They are just bumpers.

Indoor carpet track.
Choose the lightest wings possible first, and then add weight if necessary....
Old 07-09-2019, 06:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Choose the lightest wings possible first, and then add weight if necessary....
Love the Bert logic here

It's like telling the proverbial 'fat chick' to go on a crash diet then add weight as necessary........ fkn genius!

Here's a pro tip, talk less, practice more.

Have a lovely day
Old 07-09-2019, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

https://www.facebook.com/USVTASouthe...?ref=bookmarks
Old 07-10-2019, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Do bodyshells actually make a difference as far as downforce goes on a F1? I'm deciding whether to get a F26 or something that resembles an older Nigel Mansell era F1, and if there is no real difference between them I'd rather rock the vintage look.
dman18t and Mr Brooksy like this.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

I know where you are coming from, lol. For me, given my skills have deteriorated over time, yet I still enjoy racing F1, I still run a Tamiya Type M body on my F1. Just for the sake of nostalgia to include an older type rear Spoiler (HPI Super F1 type) and old Tamiya Jordan front Wing. I do not think I would see much gains on my part, given the lack of front running potential on my behalf. I am content in the Midpack for now.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayL
I did the same wing, weight test and my car wouldn't turn or grip
But my track is big, almost 200' and we run 21.5

Even same weight wings handle different
I put the question up for some input and got a little on both sides... I can feel the difference. So I thought maybe others did too. I haven't been racing on-road for many years.... But I love playing with the scale looking cars and F1 fits that better than most. Think I might build a VTA someday too...
Old 07-10-2019, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
The Exotek converted FGX all set for the upcoming UF1 series!

The first full race day with the Exotek/FGX was a success! Struggled in qualifying a bit but then found the right tire combo in time for the A main
Mind you the other drivers are solid F1 vets and really hard to beat on this track.
Track is medium grip.
Driving the bright red F1;

robk and PDR like this.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

F-1 PAINTLAB DECALS?

Can't seem to find any good or new ones in stock anywhere? Have a few shells to paint, need team decals.

Other suggestions?
Old 07-10-2019, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Old 07-10-2019, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
The first full race day with the Exotek/FGX was a success! Struggled in qualifying a bit but then found the right tire combo in time for the A main
Mind you the other drivers are solid F1 vets and really hard to beat on this track.
Track is medium grip.
Driving the bright red F1;
The car looked really good, easier to be fast (consistent). It looked forgiving, especially over the dots. It looked like when the tires came in, it was over. The guys right behind you looked like they could pull a couple tenths on a perfect lap, but I saw them overdoing it trying to keep up. Solid effort. The only thing I saw was coming back toward the driver stand on the left side - a little too much steering there, or just the track a bit loose? It looked like you had to baby it there a couple times.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dman18t
F-1 PAINTLAB DECALS?

Can't seem to find any good or new ones in stock anywhere? Have a few shells to paint, need team decals.

Other suggestions?
Without knowing what decals you are looking for, you can try GripworksRC as they have some in stock. TQRacing also has some in stock.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:52 AM
Tech Addict

any of the ones that gripworks or tq have that I would want are out of stock. Also, is paintlab not making new ones anymore? what's going on?

Toro rosso 2019
Racing point 2019
Haas 2019
Mclaren 2019
Old 07-11-2019, 06:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dan
I've raced 21.5T F1 on a large 1/5th asphalt race track. Wing "Aerodynamics" never made a difference. As robk stated, the only difference I felt was the weight of the wing and how far or high it stuck out it was in relation to the main chassis or pod.
From my experience racing with a 21.5t Xray X1 on a cold dusty concrete track, probably considered very low traction, wings make a huge difference. The front wing I used was the serpent SF2 wing, and removing the flap (the top wing closest to the wheels) from the front wing made huge handling differences. Turning one corner without the flap is very stable, whilst the same corner and turning with the flap installed will cause you to spin out. I've bumped the wing a few times and it would misalign the flap, causing the car to be unstable on long straights.

Also don't buy this serpent front wing, It's a shitty wing as it bends and doesn't bounce back into shape and ends up scraping the track, plus the flap misaligns from small bumps.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
The car looked really good, easier to be fast (consistent). It looked forgiving, especially over the dots. It looked like when the tires came in, it was over. The guys right behind you looked like they could pull a couple tenths on a perfect lap, but I saw them overdoing it trying to keep up. Solid effort. The only thing I saw was coming back toward the driver stand on the left side - a little too much steering there, or just the track a bit loose? It looked like you had to baby it there a couple times.
Yes the left lower side of the track is a little tricky on throttle. You can't jump on it otherwise it may get off line trying to set up the chicane entrance and you don't want to blow the chicane otherwise your tires are dirtied for 2 laps
robk likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.