Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GTB Braking Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Novak will make it right for you! You just send it in for evaluation and they will make the repairs. Really good customer service!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Chopping under brakes is most likely a sensor issue in the motor. First thing to do is make sure the sensor wire is secure in the ESC. I've had this problem before on GTB setups. If it is secure, try swapping motors with the same ESC. If that solves it, there is most likely damage to the sensor in the motor and it needs to be sent in.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Forgot to mention, I also use an M8 with synth module and JR310 receivers. Only difference is my module is Airtronics and not Novak. I highly doubt that your radio configuration is the source of the problem.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

I tried different Motors and everything else you can think of. I talked to Novak and they said to send it in and they will take care of it I have'nt had any trouble with anything Novak, and I have been running them since the 80's.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Tried my Re-Mapped GTB and the Brakes work OK for a Novak.......But now my car glitches up a Storm? Before races it would just launch for no reason? I would be walking up the Drivers stand to find my car 1/2 way across the track??? Under acceleration my steering servo is very jumpy??? So I went back to my "Borrowed" 10 year old LRP 7.1 and my car works fine. I guess I will send it back in then try to sell it. I bought 2 GTB's in one month=no good and tried a Re-Mapped I just got back in the mail=No Good. My LRP Sphere That I bought for my 2wd Buggy has been absolutely perfect. I guess I will be buying a Sphere for my B44 Next.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Weiss

Sorry to hear that your GTB is still not working well for you.

I find it odd that after re-programming it has picked up a glitch considering we have not seen this phenomenon elsewhere.

Is there anything else that I can do to try to help solve the problems you are having?

You guys think every problem you have with your GTB is a "Phenomenom" you dont have to ask too far at our track to get some pretty negative opinions on your ESC's. It's a shame because you guys used to have great products. As far as "picking up" a glitch it picked it up at NOVAK while getting serviced for a Brake problem. It's pretty bad that I have better performance with a 10 year old ESC.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dmatter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Weiss

Sorry to hear that your GTB is still not working well for you.

I find it odd that after re-programming it has picked up a glitch considering we have not seen this phenomenon elsewhere.

Is there anything else that I can do to try to help solve the problems you are having?

You guys think every problem you have with your GTB is a "Phenomenom" you dont have to ask too far at our track to get some pretty negative opinions on your ESC's. It's a shame because you guys used to have great products. As far as "picking up" a glitch it picked it up at NOVAK while getting serviced for a Brake problem. It's pretty bad that I have better performance with a 10 year old ESC.
fwiw i had a problem with the brakes (or lack there of) on my gtb. I sent it in to steve and he updated it for me and it's been fine ever since.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:15 PM
The Evicerator

dmatter,

My intention in PMing you about trying to resolve your problem was a sincere attempt at trying to make things better for you, not an attempt to spin-doctor the situation.

We are well aware that some people tend to have better luck with our products than others but we none-the-less try our hardest to do right by our customers when a problem arises and they are willing to work with us.

If you would like to continue to try to find a solution to this problem we are more than willing to work with you.

Please give Jackie or I a call at (949) 833-8873 if you would like to discuss the matter further.

Thanks!

-Steve
Old 12-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Maybe this isn't reletive, maybe it is. If you are using a profile that has reverse, you need to hit the break twice to engage reverse. If you are moving is it possible that the esc thinks you are trying to engage reverse but since the motor is spinning forward, it will not allow reverse to be engaged. When you tap reverse then hit it hard you get no brakes on the second touch and your car seemingly shoots forward into the wall. It strikes me that this is possible.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Steve,

I use a futaba 3PM, can you recommend a good braking expo and atl settings for a mod setup? Currently I am using -50% exp and 8% atl. Hard to drive when there is no brakes on the second pump.

Thanks.

Joel
Old 12-31-2008, 07:58 AM
The Evicerator

Hi Joel,

First off, I believe it's been mentioned earlier in the thread, but we have a bit of a software update that should fix the "double pump" problem that some people were experiencing. This problem was made worse when turning the epa/atl down significantly from the point at which the one touch setup was done.

If you want, you can send your ESC in to us and we can do the software update for you to see if that helps with some of the problems you are experiencing.

On to the other stuff...

I assume that when you did your one touch setup you had the expo at 0 and the atl at 100%? And that this is in reference to a touring car modified setup?

Usually I leave my end point or atl at 100%... this way if I NEED the brakes, they are there in an emergency...nothing worse than hitting full brake and not getting what you expect to be there.

In regards to the exponential setting, that's a bit more of a personal preference... I have seen people be very happy with settings from 0-50%... I'd say most tend to set theirs in the 20-30% range.

Originally Posted by rccartips
Hi Steve,

I use a futaba 3PM, can you recommend a good braking expo and atl settings for a mod setup? Currently I am using -50% exp and 8% atl. Hard to drive when there is no brakes on the second pump.

Thanks.

Joel
Old 12-31-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

I'm the guy who has to keep loaning the LRP V7.1 to Dax every weekend. I have 4 GTB's and run a wide variety of motors with them. I've failed to find any problems with any of my GTB's. However Dax has had miseralbe results with his GTB. Dax spends thousands of dollars every year to be a competitive club racer. He's also been racing since the mid 80's, just like me. Please take care when questioning his integrity when he says his GTB has a fault. I would truly like to see Novak send him a known good unit to race with while his unit is evaluated by Novak.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks Steve. It's my only brushless esc, can't find time to send it to Novak. Will try your settings on atl and exp.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Brad, why dont you or Brian buy it for $100.00 and YOU mail it in I am sick of running to the Post Office
Old 01-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

I'll let Brian know.... I've got too many of them. 4 GTB's is enough. If Novak does not help you out, I'll put LRP or Orion units in all of my cars.. I've talked many people into buying the GTB's... Does Novak think that Local CRCRC fast guys do not influence other racers and beginners as to what they should buy if they want the best??? I still remember Tyree Phillips giving me a new speedo at Cleveland when I was a kid (Mine let the smoke out)... That was above and beyond. That's why I always supported Novak.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.