R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default GTB Braking Problem

Does anyone know why my GTB would "Pulsate" under Braking? After the straightaway under heavy braking sometimes the brakes would work "very inconsistently" and sometimes the car would hit the wall "no brakes". I reprogrammed the esc probably 10 times yesterday. I tried the Max EPA 140% Th 160% Br and I also tried setting it up with just 100% Th and Br. Same symptoms. I am running an M8 with Novak Synthesized Module and JR310 Reciever. Never had any problems with this set up in 5 Years. Other drivers tried it and thought the same thing......Sometimes the brakes lock up sometimes they dont work at all????? No problems in Forward.
dmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
Tech Addict

hi , i have the same probleme , my car doesnt have alot of brakes in the same corner.
I am using the first brushless profile in my GTB , what would you guys recomend, having more automatic brakes (when you let off-throtle it will have more brakes) or would you recomend me having more "normal" brakes( to have more brakes when pulling the stick to the brakes.
Thanks
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:51 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Dax,

Aitronics radio, Novak module, and a JR receiver is just asking for trouble in my opinion. I would see if somebody else at the track would let you try their receiver and radio. It's nothing to swap a receiver.

Do you still have the original module and receiver? That would be a good option to try also.

I have noticed my brakes fading late into a race, but never the symptoms you have described. I use the KO 2.4 system with an LRP Sphere TC.
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:39 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic

The problem gets worse when I turn down my epa to prevent "lock up" at the end of the straight away. Sounds like I might need a new radio I have heard some radio's dont work well with certain esc's and vice versa. I don't know why?????? A signal is a signal in my book. Would a 2.4 M11 be any better? Is the epa the best way to dial out brakes, except for the esc programming?
Old 09-24-2008, 08:34 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic

I cant turn my epa down more then 20% before I have problems. The Initial brake is in the weakest mode and the brakes are still too strong. Any Ideas on calming down the brakes? And under mild braking It does seem to pulsate just like when I turn the epa down.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:53 AM   #6
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

You can try putting some negative exponential in your brake throw to help try to smooth out the initial brake response.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:01 AM   #7
Tech Addict

is it possible to use drag brake with min brake .or is it only dag brake or only min brake.
What do you guys set your min drive , ( 1,2,3,4or 5)
Thanks
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #8
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This is something I've noticed too with my GTB. I can have a good amount of drag brake one day then no drag brake at all the next day. And when I have no drag brakes the brakes on the car aren't that great. If I change my drag brake setting then its fine for a while. This has happened with both my Spketrum DX3.0 radio and reciever and my Futaba 3PK and Fasst reciever.
Grease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:43 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

I had the same problem from new with my 2 gtb's , so i sold them.

Its when you have the epa turned down a bit because the brakes with mod motors is to strong.

Then when you brake and then brake again in the one slowing down motion, the brakes do not work on the second press of the trigger.

It pissed me off bad, so Now im just going to wait for novaks next new esc , and hope its fixed.
LOSI123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:26 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSI123 View Post
I had the same problem from new with my 2 gtb's , so i sold them.

Its when you have the epa turned down a bit because the brakes with mod motors is to strong.

Then when you brake and then brake again in the one slowing down motion, the brakes do not work on the second press of the trigger.

It pissed me off bad, so Now im just going to wait for novaks next new esc , and hope its fixed.
EXACTIMUNDO! First "small" hit of the Brakes to scrub speed...Brakes work "to hard usually" then you realease to set up for the corner, then guess what......No brakes. My driving style, is really really affected by this.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:58 AM   #11
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSI123 View Post
Any idea when that is? I still run the GTB because depsite the braking problem, I still think Novak makes reliable stuff.
Grease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:07 PM   #12
Tech Rookie

I ve got a similar problem with two new GTB spread spektrums. As i m from Spain, it s impossible to talk about warranties.

But my problem is bigger as i race with 1/5 bikes and the brake is a very important part of bike stability. I think something burns in the GTB and it not possible than to brake, and not possible to repair. I setted up the Escs a lot of times, but always the same problem. When you brake once, the Esc brakes too much for a bike, and when you brake again, than the esc doesn t brake (same for third, forth...). If you set the EPA at less than 7% (futaba 3PK spektrum) than the first time you brake doesn t work.

I sent an email to novak just before the world championship in august, but no reply from them.

So now one of my two bikes is the 2008 world champion, but with a LRP sphere comp Esc. The other bike has a venom 120A and works perfectly.

Bye
Manu

Last edited by Manuspain; 09-27-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Manuspain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:48 PM   #13
Tech Rookie

Thanks to contact me, Steve. I hope it s just a mapping problem.

For the ESC, it couldn t be, but for the motor, Novak is the 2008 superbike world champion with a velociti 5.5R. I think the italian Zonzini in third position had a GTB and a novak motor too.

bye
Manu
Manuspain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:17 AM   #14
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default GTB

I had the same problem sometime ago "no breaks" changed speedy and radios didnt help at all.
I changed rotors and wow I now have breaks!
yeahyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #15
Tech Adept

Wonderful and i just purchased a GTB.

I there any word yet on why this happens and what if any fix there is for it?
infokiz is offline   Reply With Quote