Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

corally or xray
Old 09-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Any of the cars listed here is a good car. They all have their own personalities.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Not much has changed and all previosly mentioned cars are good. However, one more to add to the list is the TOP Photon.

Alot of locals run the TC5R, Cyclone TC, XRAY09, Photon, BD5, 416 and Corally. Also, I have seen one Losi JRX-S, TF5 Stallion, and one recently retired Avid. You really need to try each car, you'll eventually find one that fits you.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcjunkie3000
Not much has changed and all previosly mentioned cars are good. However, one more to add to the list is the TOP Photon.

Alot of locals run the TC5R, Cyclone TC, XRAY09, Photon, BD5, 416 and Corally. Also, I have seen one Losi JRX-S, TF5 Stallion, and one recently retired Avid. You really need to try each car, you'll eventually find one that fits you.
I agree with you.
I have an old TOP Scythe and it's still running great.
In the national championship qualified 7th with it in frond of many new cars.
In the B Final there was a Xray FK05 and he became second in the B.
The cars are all quit the same. You must look for a car that fits your driving style.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i would have to say they all are the best but you should get a car that your lhs has parts for. how you drive is what would make you win not the car. i have seen a tc3 woop the poo out of xrays like nothing because the driver was good.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcjunkie3000

+1

Awesome chassis - I am easily 0.5 seconds quicker on my local short track (8 second ave. lap) than with my old TRF415, even with the stock setup from the manual and old tyres
Old 09-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Very good info

I agree all cars have their own personalities and good things about them! I also agree that I need to find something my LHS carries parts for! so that shoots out XRAY, Schumacher, Team Magic, and a few others. Price too is also an obstacle. I thought about going with a TC3 or 4. Would the TC3 now that it is much older, be harder to find parts for? I am also curious to know why, you like the cars you listed. Thanks for your time, Vinny
Old 09-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by vinny73
I agree all cars have their own personalities and good things about them! I also agree that I need to find something my LHS carries parts for! so that shoots out XRAY, Schumacher, Team Magic, and a few others. Price too is also an obstacle. I thought about going with a TC3 or 4. Would the TC3 now that it is much older, be harder to find parts for? I am also curious to know why, you like the cars you listed. Thanks for your time, Vinny
Totally agree with the statement. Though the cars are respectable, think it is still quite important to survey what the guys are using on the local track (bashing / competition). It may help to identify the preferred brand locally. Don't want to be snag with a car where you cannot get after sales service.

Speaking from experience and still trying to recover. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vinny73
im running an old xray t1fk04 the c hub version. i love that thing but i got it as a bday gift from my uncle. before that i had a tc3 which the thing i hated the most was the steering. as for the tc3 looks like tower hobbies has most of the stuff left but not much of them all. you can always check ebay for parts. i know for my xray even tho its so outdated they still make the parts for it and have just about every one on stormer hobbies