Wiki Posts
Search

"It was worth a second a lap..."

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

here are tips for the really sneaky...

-Dump out your competitiors cans of traction compound, and replace with CA. Your competition will never make it off the line!!!

-Also try replacing with vaseline, It will make thier cars into drifters!

-Replace your competitors oil with CA, thier motor rpm's will fall drastically, and bearings cease!

-If a competitors' car does not break down during a race, YOU must break it down! Bricks work great, and range is directly increased by the height of the drivers stand! Litteraly CRUSH your competition!

-Sneakily replace all lipo's with 1200 nicads, and watch your competition comit suicide!

-Replace thier shock oil with JB weld. talk about ultra-stiff setup!

-if competitors run Nimh batteries, replace the pack with 6 giant firecrackers. This is the most realistic representation of Nimh!

-Replace thier tires with jelly donuts.

-Put all of your flatulant activities(farts) into jars. Build a rig to open all of them seconds before the start of the race. If all other compatitors do not turn green and fall of the stand, then resort to the backup resviors at once!

-Hire a few hot chicks to distract the competition. You can win the race if you dont stare too much.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bigshades
-Dump out your competitiors cans of traction compound, and replace with CA. Your competition will never make it off the line!!!
That would be cheating, but adding a few drops a Plasticizer to their traction compound will do wonders taking away just enough traction.

Plasticizers do the opposite of what the solvents do. Instead of breaking apart the bonds of the rubber it combines the bonds of the rubber reducing the stickyness. Good for making hard rubber tires become drift tires
Old 07-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Regional Moderator

Shortening your motor wires 1/4 of an inch is good for .3 seconds per lap. You know, because of the huge voltage drop over 1/4 inch.

Using bearings with a different color rubber seal is good for .1

Paint your body with a faster kolor. That alone is worth .2

Anodizing your plain aluminum parts is good for .4

Switching to a dish wheel is good for .1. Unless you already run one. Then switching to a non-dish wheel is good for .1

There's your 1 second a lap.

Now, if you switch brands of diff grease or shock oil, add .1 back.

Cleaning the foam tire dust off your car also adds .1 back, since you are interfering with the boundary layer, causing air to stick to your chassis instead of flowing over it cleanly. This is the same effect as having dimples on a golf ball. Dirty = fast.

Having the turnbuckle indicator notches towards the inside of the car is faster than having them towards the outside on a road course. Of course, for oval, you have to run them on the right hand side to help with wedge.

That's all I got...

Last edited by CarbonJoe; 07-13-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Apparently bad soldering is actually worth a tenth. I used to always give the local hotshoe a hard time about his incredibly bad soldering jobs. One day he finally had enough and yelled at the top of his lungs "So you're telling me if I could solder better I would break the track record by two laps instead of one?"

I wanted to say yes but I admit I was kind of speechless on that one.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

When the track gets sprayed with grape soda, add 2oz of Rit Black Dye and 2oz of Molasses for every 2 liter. OMG that will give so much traction that moddified will be looking for more motor. The Rit Dye just makes the track appear fast with a well worked blue groove.

Store your tires in Air Tite Containers! That makes them go faster. Lance Armstrong would not ride on new rubber tires, he would always ride on 2 year old tires that were kept in a Humidor
Old 07-14-2008, 02:33 AM
Tech Champion

Replacing all the steel screws for alloy ones on the gearbox housing is good for a .2 a lap until they break when you wrench them...

hey, they'll look good before they get damaged wont they!

On that note.... Why cant we get alloy circlips and grub screws? massive weight savings there....
Old 07-14-2008, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team
Replacing all the steel screws for alloy ones on the gearbox housing is good for a .2 a lap until they break when you wrench them...

hey, they'll look good before they get damaged wont they!

On that note.... Why cant we get alloy circlips and grub screws? massive weight savings there....
What's a gearbox housing? I'm pretty sure my Xrays don't have them.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default i think its sarcasm!

The best one is not maintaining your car, thats worth a second a lap,
just glue together old broken parts, "its just a little broken, its still good,......"
or "a dirty car is a fast car"

Use the brushes in your motor (without a comm tru) until the spring doesn't hold them in any more,

Tires are always good on their 11th to 13 run!! I SWEAR!
Old 07-14-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The speed differential between holding the radio's antenna pointing toward or at the car, straight up, or over your shoulder.

Discuss.

Bonus points for including the radio-neckstrap factor.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Run the tires until the cord shows. That is worth a secound a lap. Make sure you run them in your main. That will give you first.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default antenna envy

Good point.
Lets discuss........

Antenna pointing away from you, Towards car, aka THE FISHERMAN
shorter distance to the car, = gotta be wirth a tenth or 2.

anenna pointing away from car (over drivers shoulder) aka THE GOLFER
further away from car, and more obsticals between radio and car, (ie your friggen big head!) slow as, mate dont even try it! not worth it

neck strap = wank factor! only good to show people how bad you CHOKED in that last qualifyer!!

and remember, anyone using crystals with those big antennas is just over compensating for something somewhere else in their lives............

Old 07-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cool shades.

Kevin
Old 07-14-2008, 05:41 PM
bmr
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I always pick up a couple tenths when Jackyl is playing on the sound system.

====
Hello everybody, welcome to the show
We're headed for destruction, don't you want to go

It's time to romp and stomp
It's time to jam
It's time for you to kick some dirt up off the ground
Are you out, are you in, if you're in are you for sure
And get your a** on out the door
'Cause if you're in you're in, and if you're out you're out

====
Old 07-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Reviving those old ass tires with some heavy solvent is worth at least 1 second off a lap.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee
Reviving those old ass tires with some heavy solvent is worth at least 1 second off a lap.
If it is foam tires,

some spray adhesive on the tires and do some slow laps on the fringe to pick up the black dust and you just made your self the perfect tire. Compounds, who cares...it will be what ever the other guys are running.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.