Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

TRF414M, 404x, 414, 414X

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2001, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I can buy a 414m in the USA? My LHS has had no luck in finding me one. Are they hard to get?
Old 12-29-2001, 09:42 PM

Originally posted by imataquito

it made me go wild a while back before i realized it ... cause if i gatin positive camber when the shocks is comprssed the tire will wear on the outer side ( camber links angled downwords outside )

BTW if u take a setup board and place ur car on it then use the camber addjustment tool to see how much camber u have
then COMPRESS the shocks fully till ur chasis bottom out
does the camber angle add more negative or positive or does it remain the same

mine add slightly more negative
Angle downwards outside will have more camber change when cornering compared to angle downward inside.

An yes, if you fully compress the shock, it adds more negative camber. But what we are looking when the car is cornering...is more on the body roll since their affects seems the other way around with just pressing the shock till bottom (center of gravity).
Old 12-29-2001, 09:50 PM

Originally posted by imataquito

lets say the right camber link is angled downwords to the left
in relation to the lower A arms THAT wheel will gain neg camber during turns say if u set it to -1 deg it will have -2 degree when u turn and the more angle there is on the camber links the more change there will be --------- if u look at the tire when u take a turn it will be 90 degrees = 0 +/- camber (this is in relation to the ground when the car is moving)

but say IF the right camber link is angled downwords to the right
in relation to the A-arms the wheel will lose neg camber
say u set it to -1 deg and during a turn the suspension will compress and it will be 0 degree ..--- but if u have this setup when the car is moving into a turn ... u will get positive camber!!
it will be more than 90 degrees if u see it in relation to the ground
assuming u take that above 90 deg is + and below 90 deg is -

hope u get what i m saying ......
Downwards inside....when turning has less camber change compare to downward outside. Moreover, angled upper link has something to do with tracktion in, middle, and out the corners.

How much and how fast of camber change is needed? all depends on your damper setting. For me, if all tires wears evenly, I stop adjusting the camber.
Old 12-29-2001, 09:54 PM

Originally posted by ottoman
Does anyone know where I can buy a 414m in the USA? My LHS has had no luck in finding me one. Are they hard to get?
Tamiya in Alison Viejo don't have them?

Maybe they will wait till the renewed version comes out....
Rumors say it has titatium univershal shaft, upper front sway bar, and additional upper belt tensioner.
Old 12-30-2001, 02:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Where have you been hearing about the new TRF car? Is it from a Tamiya rep or driver? But in any way the rumors sound like the car, if there true, will be awesome!!
Old 12-30-2001, 05:51 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by rccarracer
Where have you been hearing about the new TRF car? Is it from a Tamiya rep or driver? But in any way the rumors sound like the car, if there true, will be awesome!!
The rumor is Tamiya is going to release their new kit for World Championship.....
Old 12-30-2001, 08:39 AM

This is the picture of TRF414M future upgrade originally posted by Mr. Daniz24 on other threads.

BTW, it belongs to Surikarns on JMRCA

Additions,

Noted the upper deck belt tensioner...pretty much like the original, so you could drill a hole on upper deck and install another one (or the one in the chassis will be removed???)

White univershal clearly makes the car looking good and strong I belive.

Upper front swaybar, new C hubs might be on the way (I expect a carbon resin like the hard A arms)

Where the hell is the other upper link that support the one to change camber?? does the new sway bar do the job?

Based from this picture, I think the car right now already nowhere to improve, just another optional fine tuning items, no flexible upper deck (why some company do have them? do a real race cars have flexible chassis?), no new chassis with different battery layout, no single belt conversion kit, etc.

Last edited by Pyramid; 12-30-2001 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-30-2001, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

I think that's simply just a modified 414M because can't anyone else just make the same modifications? Which upper link are you talking about? It does say "414M" on the body.
Old 12-30-2001, 10:45 AM

Originally posted by Aurra Sing
I think that's simply just a modified 414M because can't anyone else just make the same modifications? Which upper link are you talking about? It does say "414M" on the body.
Yes it does say 414m on the body. I think they are experimenting with such modification to make the car even better. From this point of view, those parts may become standards on upcoming production. Maybe when it becomes available as full chassis car, it may called 414M world editions or such thing like that.

There are supposed 2 upper links (upper wisbone..) and seems one of them has been removed in that configuration.

About the upper sway bar, it may not be the new C hubs, just simply bolt down to the extra hole of current C hubs. I prefer a carbon resin type material and hoping they make them in near future.
Old 12-30-2001, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

I believe the second camber link, or Torque rod as Tamiya call it was just removed, for the race. Jun has been doing this to his car at some races so the hubs aren't rock solid. It helps I beleive on a track where you may need more flex.
And I agree with Aurra on this one. I believe these are just some mods Surikarn's did to his car, I believe that there just things he feels neededto be there. Sorry Pyramid, just my view.

Last edited by rccarracer; 12-30-2001 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-31-2001, 12:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can somebody tell what is the compound of the Sorex tyres and inserts that come with the 414M kit, 28R or 32R? Sorex medium or soft inserts?
Old 12-31-2001, 01:53 AM
Tech Master

28R's cant REALLY comfirm it but the tire kinda shows the grain all over if the weather is hot

(this happens when u use soft compound on hot weather forgot what u call it )

but the 32's dont show this ... so i guess its 28's hehe or maybe its his driving style ... hehe i use 32's and i drive REAL smooth without brakes( maybe a bit of brake incase i let off trottle too late ) with a 13x1
hes 414 original tires 10x3 and he brakes HARD REAL HARD

i hate having to TAIL him everywhere !! gees his pickup is just too FEAKING fast ... but maybe its my ESC and batts... so well lets see once i upgrade my ole stuff if only i had a bit more punch..lol

played in BIG smooth flowing track about 3 hours drive from my place - far huh LOL
Old 12-31-2001, 02:49 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Joehwee
Can somebody tell what is the compound of the Sorex tyres and inserts that come with the 414M kit, 28R or 32R? Sorex medium or soft inserts?
It's Sorex 28R
Old 12-31-2001, 03:58 AM

To Joehwee......inserts are sorex soft compound.

rccarracer....I'm too hoping their wouldn't be any new kit at all for 2002, just simple a hop ups will save the cost to have the newest machine.

MIKA...have you got one yet?
Old 12-31-2001, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

Pyramid: Coming soon! I've just taking out every equipment from my SP, however, I'm still running my old Yokomo as my reserve car, which I personally think that it is a better car than the SP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.