Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Do you have to delete all previous Tekin programs before this will load? I take it that the e-mail comes right after you register, no wait time?
Yes you have to delete all the old stuff from the add/delete on your control panel. Yes it was coming right away.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I saw some post back for the new firmware which will come with multiple profile save feature which allow to switching from one preset profile to another profile without hotwire. Does this feature come with v203? I can't see it...
Old 01-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lidebt2
Yes you have to delete all the old stuff from the add/delete on your control panel. Yes it was coming right away.
Thanks, done all that, but just never get the e-mail back.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TrevCoult
My guess is you have to go through calibrating the RS to your transmitter again. You normally have to do this after updating the firmware on the speed controller as it is reset during the update.

Mine was fine after doing this.

Trev
Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately, the re-calibration made no difference, but I've noticed something interesting.

For all those whom were running with NO timing boost, but with some amount of turbo with v.200, the turbo won't kick in when using V.203 unless there is some timing boost added.

Specifically, I've been running NO timing boost with MAX turbo with V.200. With v.203, I had to add some timing boost (I put it to 10), so that the turbo would kick in...

Can someone (Randy) explain this phenomenon?
Is this possible that, with v.203, some timing boost (anything other than 0) is required in order for the turbo to work?? (TC, 2S)

Regards,
MH
Old 01-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mhavlena
Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately, the re-calibration made no difference, but I've noticed something interesting.

For all those whom were running with NO timing boost, but with some amount of turbo with v.200, the turbo won't kick in when using V.203 unless there is some timing boost added.

Specifically, I've been running NO timing boost with MAX turbo with V.200. With v.203, I had to add some timing boost (I put it to 10), so that the turbo would kick in...

Can someone (Randy) explain this phenomenon?
Is this possible that, with v.203, some timing boost (anything other than 0) is required in order for the turbo to work?? (TC, 2S)

Regards,
MH
Well done for tracking it down. You may have found something that is worth us all knowing. It probably has not been found before as I don't know of anyone who runs 0 timing boost!

Trev
Old 01-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

the new one uses more boost and very little turbo
Old 01-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Thanks, done all that, but just never get the e-mail back.
If you are never getting the email back it may be being trapped as spam or junk by your email program or mail server at your internet provider. If you have any way of checking this it might be worth a look.

Any time I have tried this out, which is a few times now through testing some things out, I have had an email back within 5 minutes.

Trev
Old 01-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teogra
any one have a good setting for the rs w/ 17.5 for carpet races.thanks.
+1 on a 1/12,17.5,Carpet setup. Maybe something to get us started since it is the most popular class. Maybe someone who has been doing some testing can throw us a bone.

Oh, and thanks a lot to tekin for the new software. It looks like you guys spent a lot of time and money into getting this out for us to enjoy. It's all much appreciated!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Who's in the hell is MR FRED H.... Oh Doctor Phil....is that you behind the key broad
This guy think everyone elses is the problem but him...I'm done

Last edited by Goingfast; 01-01-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WIITA
+1 on a 1/12,17.5,Carpet setup. Maybe something to get us started since it is the most popular class. Maybe someone who has been doing some testing can throw us a bone.

Oh, and thanks a lot to tekin for the new software. It looks like you guys spent a lot of time and money into getting this out for us to enjoy. It's all much appreciated!!!!!!!!
Plenty of info in here. Here's a start. Read about the last 30 pages for more. This place has gone off the charts for Q&A. Hit the view original post icon on Randy's quote to see the Team Setup Thumbnails.

Aaron

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Check 'em out:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
42.6 mm & 50/72 for 1/12th 17.5
Originally Posted by theisgroup
there are alot of ways to setup the speedo now with all the new setting. the last couple of weeks of testing, I have gone a different direction then most. what I have been doing is using timing boost to help the car get out of the corner faster. so I work on a combination of timing and gearing. i add 5 degrees each time until I find that the acceleration out of the corner feels soft. then I start to add more gear and see where I am. once I find a good combination of timing and gear, then I work on turbo. I use turbo mainly on the straight. it really is to raise your top speed. If there are several places on your track that you hit top speed, then you are just going to have to come up with a compromise or pick the longest straight. as far as start and end rpm i try to keep them between 1500 and 2500rpm difference. this is really because i find that any more does not get the car out of the corners any better then vegas 200. I start high in the rpm range of the motor and then work my way down 500rpm each time.

so for our "large" track, for 17.5 1/12th I ended up with the same roll out as my vegas 200 setup. I left the rpm range the default in the v203 and had 10 end bell timing and 45 software timing and 6 turbo at .4sec, ramp 2. this basically dropped my laptime .5sec a lap.

we now have a new layout. most of the guys were at the track all day and ran vegas 200 to get a good setup. then we loaded v203. in 13.5 tc. most found that they liked 10 motor timing, 50 software timing, turbo 8, .4sec delay, ramp 3 and rpm 2100-4900. motors were coming offf at 101-110 and most drop laptimes by .5 - .8 sec

i did try the larger span of start and end rpm, and really it felt softer then a narrow rpm range. i also find that anything less then .4 really does not do anything for turbo. it just ramps to early.

just fyi 17.5 is 2200Kv and 13.5 is 3300Kv

i am sure that the other setup yield just as good results
Originally Posted by Cammer
So knowing how it works lets put the points in.

Low RPM should be your slowest corner exit?
High RPM should be highest infield speed?
Turbo should hit on the straight at about 110% of high infield RPM?

Ramp would be determined by how tight the track is?

Initial timing should be as low as possible, 5 degrees?

Would these set points be correct, any thoughts?
Originally Posted by Kenny L
You need to set end rpm range first

Start here
profile 5
boost 50
turbo 10
delay .1 adjust if more or less is needed on straight
ramp 3
end rpm 7000-6000 (7000 for longer tracks and 6000 for shorter)
start 2400-2500ish

make sure to temp 2 minutes in no matter what
Old 01-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi

What is factory timing on a tekin 17.5 motor?
Old 01-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

I had to add some timing boost also to get the turbo to kick in.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MartinBasse
Hi

What is factory timing on a tekin 17.5 motor?
12 standard.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick1257
I had to add some timing boost also to get the turbo to kick in.
Yes I heard it to and tried it and the Turbo doesn't work without the Boost.

I go try to find a setup without the Turbo.
I believe that it's faster than Only on the Turbo. Plus it feels like when you go of the throttle, that the power is right back when you push the throttle again.
ANd you can play more with the throttle. The car feels a lot smoother.
I tried it in the living room lol and I found out that my living room is to small!!!!

I start whit a very light gearing and go heavier each time to find the right gearing and fine tune the last bit with the Boost and RPM settings.
I start with a lower Boost because I have a 10,5T LRP that is standard on 12 and it's 2 cell lipo.
Also is the track very small.
Tomorrow is it so far. My first test run with the V203 on the track.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
Who's in the hell is MR FRED H.... Oh Doctor Phil....is that you behind the key broad
This guy think everyone elses is the problem but him...I'm done
C'mon guys, no need to start anything. He's just trying to say to respect Tekin's wishes and register to get the software. Unless you're John Connor, I don't think it's a big deal.

Can't wait to try the new software!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.