Boost 15
turbo 14 (0.8sec)
Drag brake 19%
throttle curve 3
brake 100% and turned down on my transmitter to 40 %
Old 09-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Last edited by Josh Keller; 09-26-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Yup i agree on that one.

I just checked my last settings on my laptop. It was lower then i thought:

Motor timing 10
Boost 15
turbo 14 (0.8sec)
Drag brake 19%
throttle curve 3
brake 100% and turned down on my transmitter to 40 %

Same setup as I use.
only i use throttle 5
Turbo max and time 0,5. But I think that the straight is to long for that setup at MACH.
I always set my brake on the speed control and not on my radio.

Originally Posted by Josh Keller
What is the maximum physical timing of the Tekin Redline series motors? I thought I remember reading that it was 25 degrees. Just wanting to varify this.

Thanks,

Josh
24 is the max
Old 09-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
So I fried a motor today in my main event. A 5 week old Trinity Duo 17.5

Was running:
FDR of 4.74
Motor Timing of 10
Speedo timing of 15
Turbo max
delay .5
Super large outdoor asphault track.

About 7 laps in my car just stopped on the straight, and a puff of smoke billowed from underneith my car, and it was dead. Motor was at about 100 degrees.... was coming off the track around 150-160 during all my heats... Never had any issues of any kind until today.

So here is the kicker... another guy at my track is running the same motor, with less timing, but is geared at like 3.9. Sure seems like he's geared mighty tall to me (duos like to be geared taller than the redlines)... but he is one of the fastest guys at our track! He thinks gearing down, and advancing the timing as much as I did (which is what is normally recommended here in this thread) causes the motor to wind out too much.... and vuala... toasted Duo. (thanks for the tips/help, ritchie!)

Any thoughts? The car felt PERFECT until the smoke. Great infield punch, tons of speed on the straight... Qualifyng in the top 4.

Cpt.
The settings you've listed are similar to those I've used on a much smaller track (80 ft straight), but seem pretty conservative overall. There are times I've geared taller and watched motor temps drop - I probably would have started at an FDR of 4.2-4.3 and checked the motor temperature after a few minutes. Considering that the motor let go @ 100 deg. F, I'd think there was a motor defect that caused the failure instead of your motor/speedo setup.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikky32
Same setup as I use.
only i use throttle 5
Turbo max and time 0,5. But I think that the straight is to long for that setup at MACH.
I always set my brake on the speed control and not on my radio.
I used to do that as well except when i dialed in less brake on the esc i also adjusted the drag brake automaticly. At least that was something i found out or am i totally off with this and drag brake is not adjusted when adjusting the brake settings?

Anyway, that is the reason i adjusted the brake strenght on my transmitter and not on my esc so i always had the same drag brake and when i wanted to adjust the brake i just do it on the transmitter so my drag brake is not affected. It is easier as well as i can practice on the track and adjust the brake settings to my liking .

I am glad to read i am a little more in the zone then. I got some extra setups to play with so lets see how it works out.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

I don't use drag brake but I don't get weaker as you lower your braking power. It are 2 different things.

Do you like the Tekin motor?
It's a lot better than the GM motor or not?
Old 09-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oeoeo327
The settings you've listed are similar to those I've used on a much smaller track (80 ft straight), but seem pretty conservative overall. There are times I've geared taller and watched motor temps drop - I probably would have started at an FDR of 4.2-4.3 and checked the motor temperature after a few minutes. Considering that the motor let go @ 100 deg. F, I'd think there was a motor defect that caused the failure instead of your motor/speedo setup.
That is what I think might of happened as well. I didn't actually temp the motor when I pulled the car off the track, but it wasn't even hot to the touch yet.. about what you would expect after 7 laps, so it CERTAINLY didn't blow up due to heat.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikky32
I don't use drag brake but I don't get weaker as you lower your braking power. It are 2 different things.

Do you like the Tekin motor?
It's a lot better than the GM motor or not?
Ok then i must have been smoking weed when i figured that one out lol ( just kidding, i don't smoke weed, really i don't )

I am begining to like the tekin motor. I had problems getting the tempeture down and was a little lost to be honest. But this last weekend opend my eyes to look at a different direction then i was going to. Low rollout with lower timing and tempature but top speed was simillar to the 9.5t drivers when theyre motor tempeture were higher then mine. The GM didn't work with me whatever i did but it does rule with the gm120 so it isn't a bad motor. It just doesn't seem to work with the tekin rs. I am nearer to the sweet spot with the tekin in 1 month then i ever was with the gm in 6 months or so of trying all kinds of setups. The only problems so far is that it really doesn't like heat where the gm pro just goes on in the 90-95 degrees range the tekin motor gives up after 75-80 degrees on the can. That is also cause the gm has cooling holes and the tekin doesn't so i gues the tempeture in the motor is hotter then what i measure on the can with the tekin. But appart from that i am beginning to like it. ( just monitor the temps very close)

I just read on the german pancar thread that they used a rollout of around 60mm instead of the 54-56mm that i thought they used so my rollout is even lower! They did run sensorless so not sure how that effects rollout. They mostly used Gm120's with GM sport 9.5t motors (purple ones). One was also using the new corally 10.5t in sensorless mode and it is presumably a beast of a motor but they use bigger magnets or something other that isn't roar or efra legal but in the rc lemans series and stock pancar class the motors are open so it doesn't matter. . it's speed wasn't much different then mine but yet again, in the infield my speed was a little less.

Last edited by 2wdrive; 09-21-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Ok then i must have been smoking weed when i figured that one out lol ( just kidding, i don't smoke weed, really i don't )

I am begining to like the tekin motor. I had problems getting the tempeture down and was a little lost to be honest. But this last weekend opend my eyes to look at a different direction then i was going to. Low rollout with lower timing and tempature but top speed was simillar to the 9.5t drivers when theyre motor tempeture were higher then mine. The GM didn't work with me whatever i did but it does rule with the gm120 so it isn't a bad motor. It just doesn't seem to work with the tekin rs. I am nearer to the sweet spot with the tekin in 1 month then i ever was with the gm in 6 months or so of trying all kinds of setups. The only problems so far is that it really doesn't like heat where the gm pro just goes on in the 90-95 degrees range the tekin motor gives up after 75-80 degrees on the can. That is also cause the gm has cooling holes and the tekin doesn't so i gues the tempeture in the motor is hotter then what i measure on the can with the tekin. But appart from that i am beginning to like it. ( just monitor the temps very close)

I just read on the german pancar thread that they used a rollout of around 60mm instead of the 54-56mm that i thought they used so my rollout is even lower! They did run sensorless so not sure how that effects rollout. They mostly used Gm120's with GM sport 9.5t motors (purple ones). One was also using the new corally 10.5t in sensorless mode and it is presumably a beast of a motor but they use bigger magnets or something other that isn't roar or efra legal but in the rc lemans series and stock pancar class the motors are open so it doesn't matter. . it's speed wasn't much different then mine but yet again, in the infield my speed was a little less.

Those motors are much faster. A 13,5 is way faster than a Sensord 13,5 motor. They have bigger magnets and other windings.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Great Customer Service

Just wanted to throw this out there:

I was at the track last night and had forgot my Hotwire. I had programmed my RS previously just had forgot the hotwire. I called customer support and Randy ran me through the programming without it. Super service. THANKS
Old 09-22-2009, 04:03 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
Just wanted to throw this out there:

I was at the track last night and had forgot my Hotwire. I had programmed my RS previously just had forgot the hotwire. I called customer support and Randy ran me through the programming without it. Super service. THANKS
Maybe old age was kicking in.... I forget stuff all the time
-Wayne
Old 09-23-2009, 05:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok so I have heard that there is a way to turn the turbo delay down from .5 to 0 on the version 200.can anybody tell me how to do this?
Old 09-23-2009, 06:06 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kenny myers
Ok so I have heard that there is a way to turn the turbo delay down from .5 to 0 on the version 200.can anybody tell me how to do this?
From what I gather you had to be at IIC to get that feature.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

do you people only read the last page on every tread and just ignore all the other missed pages or what? It was clearly stated on page 469.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

hi guys
which 13.5T motor workks best with rs pro?
has anybody tried fantom ion2 motors
thanx in advance ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.