Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Posted by mistake, sorry everyone.

Last edited by Trips; 04-01-2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: posted a PM here by accident
Old 04-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey Randy, I sent an email to [email protected] regarding my RSpro that might have malfunctioned after it blew up a motor, but haven't heard from them in 2 days. Can you check with the person who's doing the support to see if he even got my email?

Thanks
Old 04-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Trips
Randy,

Thanks again for the preview... I'd have gotten this to you sooner, but the past few days have been super hectic...

Those ar the settings I ran Sunday. Not sure where to begin, sorry if I start to ramble...

First, the "plain vanilla" interface is TONS faster on my crappy old Dell laptop. I really syhould get something newer, but the thought of spilling a can of paragon into an expensive laptop at the track keeps me using this old beater.

I pretty much kept all the "standard" settings the same as I did with 1.89, and noticed no change in performance or temps. I noticed the current limiter slider was missing... couldn't find it anyewhere. IS this going to go away in future versions? I race carpet and never use it, but I know a lot of dirt guys that do use current limiting...

The "Spike Filter"... I can guess by the name it's something that would help with noisy or dirty throttle pots in the transmitter, but doesn't "neutral width" already do that? Not sure what's going on there. I don't notice any change with whatever setting I tried on the filter slider.

"Launch Control"... WOW, this is INCREDIBLE. I didn't see anything in the qualifiers (rolling startrs) but in the main I was sixth on the grid and passed everone but the TQ BEFORE the first corner... By the way, the setting you see is as high as I can go without causing wheelies on the start (and this is with a 13.5) I can understand why this is only something that you can get from a standing start, I would imagine that this sort of power couldn't be available all the time without frying motors or dumping, but have you considered letting the user set up a program mix in the transmitter to momentaruily go past the full throttle set point, and be able to momentarily engage this? It would be like the "power to pass" in Indy racing... As long as we're careful to not use it too much it might be reasonably safe...

Custom throttle profiles seem to work okay, I did a custom map and could notice the difference in the feelof the response, but I've always like a linear throttle, so I leave it on 3.

Advanced mode... This hands down is the coolest thing in my opinion (well, maybe launch control...) I set up a few custrom maps, the one I ran Sunday had the timing at zero added from 0 to 200 RPM, then a linear increase to 30 degrees at 800RPM, then staying constant from there on up. GREAT off the line (or was that the launch control... didn't have a LOT of time to test Sunday) and coming out of the sweeper into the straight it seemed like shifting to a second gear on the straight... average lap times dropped six tenths, and no significant increase in temperature. I'm able to run two teeth higher on the pinion with the reduced timing in the slow sections... I guess the higher timing coming in at higher RPM only doesn't put so much load on the motor?

Not sure what all the settings on the "Tweak" page do, I can guess on some of them like "EMF suppress" but most are too cryptic to even specualte... could use a "readme.txt" or something.

The "About" page.;.. nothing at all comes up... not sure if that's a bug or jsut a work in progresss...

With aoll the options, it would be really useful to have way to save setups... wasn't so bad with just the tebn sliders, but re-creating custom profiles and maps all the time could get to be cumbersome...

That's all for now, thanks again for letting me test!
trips how can i change my interface?
i love the looks of the tekin software but my laptop is to slow.
can i change it so it looks like that?
i now that is new software but the interface is better for my pc.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

i blew up my capacitor this evening. Rs Pro with a 4.5t novak in an rc10l2.5 with orriginal cap.

Before this i had a rollout of around 31.88. Great accalaration but top speed was the same or a little less then touring with 4.5t. So i used the timing to get some more speed so after a while i had it on 60%. That didn't really work. Still great accaleration wich was faster then the touring but top speed was the same or less. So on a last attempt . made the rollout 40.50. In hindsight a little to steep maybe but i only had an 18 pinion with me so.... and i kept the 60% timing. It blew my cap after 2 rounds or so. Accaleration was less, roughly the same as touring. So probably i should have used less timing with that rollout, Tommorow i will buy a 16v1000 at an electric store. See what that does. The wires were a little warm as were the lipo's. Motor was warm but not too hot, i could touch it for at least 4 seconds so that should be ok. I gues i went over the sweet spot with that rollout. I will go back a little and test from there with less timing first and go up again with timing.

It is still a lot of testing. My speed when the car accalerates is fast, faster then the touring but the top speed is just gone after a while and it seems the other cars still have more accaleration. Could this be because of the single original cap? The motor didn't get warm before so it should handle more rollout.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

At last sunday club race I was wondering how Trip got so much faster than rest of
People
Real speed was all in that speedo! software!
I was trying to figure out what u did but didnt see anything
Lap time was insane!

Faster car mean more speed for sure but I was also thinking
Or is he driving got better?
Oh well last race for 360
Lots of ppl showed up
Showing what we going to miss most

Driving on that smooth carpet was pleasure for sure but we have to move on
And also life goes on, any way I will see you at other track
You will see me soon
Old 04-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
i blew up my capacitor this evening. Rs Pro with a 4.4t novak in an rc10l2.5 with orriginal cap.

Before this i had a rollout of around 31.88. Great accalaration but top speed was the same or a little less then touring with 4.5t. So i used the timing to get some more speed so after a while i had it on 60%. That didn't really work. Still great accaleration wich was faster then the touring but top speed was the same or less. So on a last attempt . made the rollout 40.50. In hindsight a little to steep maybe but i only had an 18 pinion with me so.... and i kept the 60% timing. It blew my cap after 2 rounds or so. Accaleration was less, roughly the same as touring. So probably i should have used less timing with that rollout, Tommorow i will buy a 16v1000 at an electric store. See what that does. The wires were a little warm as were the lipo's. Motor was warm but not too hot, i could touch it for at least 4 seconds so that should be ok. I gues i went over the sweet spot with that rollout. I will go back a little and test from there with less timing first and go up again with timing.

It is still a lot of testing. My speed when the car accalerates is fast, faster then the touring but the top speed is just gone after a while and it seems the other cars still have more accaleration. Could this be because of the single original cap? The motor didn't get warm before so it should handle more rollout.
I have a 16V4700. only for mod. works great.
no head problems

Kan het ook in het nederlands er neer zetten
Old 04-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Trips, are you running a pan acr with 1S lipo ?

How do you setup the timing for zero added from 0 to 200 RPM, then a linear increase to 30 degrees at 800RPM ?

Thanks
Old 04-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikky32
I have a 16V4700. only for mod. works great.
no head problems

Kan het ook in het nederlands er neer zetten
ja kan ook maar ja dit is een amerikaanse forum en mischien hebben zij ook wat ideen hierover :-). Ik had 2 rondjes gereden of zo en toen opeens in een scherpe boch reed hij rechtuit. Ik kon niet meer sturen en knalde de auto tegen een hek. Ik er naar toe en van 2 meter afstand kon ik al iets verbands ruiken. In eerste instantie dacht ik dat mijn softcase lipos het hadden begeven maar het was de cap. Met een andere cap zou het denk ik wel goed moeten gaan. Ik vind nog steeds wel dat die rollout erg hoog is en dat de acceleratie echt enorm is maar daarna kakt hij een beetje in en lijkt het of de touring mij inhalen op het laatst. vandaar mijn hoge timing van 60%. De rollout van 40 ga ik iets naar beneden schroeven. Dat is wel erg veel. Met 40 rollout reed ik vorig jaar nog met een novak gtb en 6.5t novak motor. Dat was wel snel maar nog steeds wat langzamer dan de andere met een 4.5t etc.

Het verbaasd me wel dat de motor redelijk koel blijft met deze hoge rollout. Ik weet dat andere rijders met andere regelaars meestal met een rollout van 30 rijden met een 4.5t en die motoren worden meestal wel heet. De snelheid van mijn auto is nog niet zoals het zou moeten.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikky32
trips how can i change my interface?
i love the looks of the tekin software but my laptop is to slow.
can i change it so it looks like that?
i now that is new software but the interface is better for my pc.
That post was an accident... it was supposed to be a PM to Randy. At the moment, you can't change the interface. Sorry, but I really can't say any more about it.

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
At last sunday club race I was wondering how Trip got so much faster than rest of
People
Real speed was all in that speedo! software!
I was trying to figure out what u did but didnt see anything
Lap time was insane!

Faster car mean more speed for sure but I was also thinking
Or is he driving got better?
Oh well last race for 360
Lots of ppl showed up
Showing what we going to miss most

Driving on that smooth carpet was pleasure for sure but we have to move on
And also life goes on, any way I will see you at other track
You will see me soon
John, it was good to see you at the closer, I wasn't sure you'd make it out. I'd like to think it was part software, but also better driving on my part...

Originally Posted by Canuck
Trips, are you running a pan acr with 1S lipo ?

How do you setup the timing for zero added from 0 to 200 RPM, then a linear increase to 30 degrees at 800RPM ?

Thanks
Yes, it's a 1/12 GenX. The timiing thing I talked about is not in the release version. Also, I typed the rpm/s wrong, it's 0 timing from 0 RPM to 2000 RPM, then linear increase to 30 degrees at 8000 RPM, not 200 and 800.

I don't know how I made the mistake of posting what was supposed to be a PM in here, but I've removed the post. Sorry bout that!
Old 04-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

That post was an accident... it was supposed to be a PM to Randy. At the moment, you can't change the interface. Sorry, but I really can't say any more about it.

I don't know how I made the mistake of posting what was supposed to be a PM in here, but I've removed the post. Sorry bout that!
Now you've got to convince Mikky32 to remove it from his quote...

Looks like a "accidentally leaked" teaser to me!

Last edited by reenmachine; 04-01-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

John, it was good to see you at the closer, I wasn't sure you'd make it out. I'd like to think it was part software, but also better driving on my part...

Yes, it's a 1/12 GenX. The timiing thing I talked about is not in the release version. Also, I typed the rpm/s wrong, it's 0 timing from 0 RPM to 2000 RPM, then linear increase to 30 degrees at 8000 RPM, not 200 and 800.

Is 360 closing its doors?
Old 04-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Wink

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Is 360 closing its doors?
Yes, this past Sunday was the final day of racing at 360 Speedway. There is a new track opening in the area in about a month, but 360 will be a tough act to follow.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default Setting for 23T Brush

Hello Everyone,

Last Sunday i was racing stock 23T brushed category and with the same motor of everybody else i notice that i was very god out of turn but the car on the straight was much slower than other racer, not all but a few.

The straight was around 90 foot, i geared 5.45.

THe temperature of the motor was around 80 Degree C.

I think that the problem was my setting in the Tekin RS PRO that by the way I love.

I would really appreciate if someone has some setting tips for me.

Thanks in advance.

Lorenzo
Old 04-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Just thought I should mention... the post I put at the top of this page (it appears in its original form, quoted by mikky in post 3093) was an April Fool joke... there is no Hotwire "version 4.1" (4.1... April 1st, get it?) Once mikky quoted it, I removed my original to make it look like I "accidentally" leaked a secret test version of the Hotwire software...

reenmachine was the first to figure it out... thanks for not blowing the whistle early on me...

Randy, I hope you didn't get swamped with emails and PM's... I know I got more than a few...

Happy April 1st, everyone...
Old 04-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

Hehehehe, I almost dived in and PM'd you to ask more questions on that but after thinking about it for a minute I realized what was going on too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.