Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a 9.5 turn Redline BL motor. What will be the gearing for a typical TC with lot of tight turns?
Old 09-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Technically LRP doesn't offer lifetime warranty anymore !
"Due to a new leading decision of the Federal Court of Justice saying a lifelong guaranty is no longer permitted - the LRP Limited Lifetime Warranty is from now on converted into a 25 Years Warranty."

That was back in december.

However this is still a long time for a speedo...

Tekin offers a 120 days warranty, which is plenty enough to spot any faulty units. So in fact it's the same as a 25 years warranty as i any case the LRP warrants defective units and not user mistakes...
I really don't think the LRP is 25 years warranty evertime you sent in for defect repair they only life time warranty if you sent in the defect first time...that it
Old 09-11-2008, 12:29 AM
Tech Master

I have a question.
When i want to ride slowley a way the brushless motor is making a lot of noice and it doesn't go smootley. When i excallerate fast there is no problem.
Can it be a setup thing on my Tekin RS pro?
(i have now the one from a frend because he isn't racing this sunday)
By a brushed motor everything goes ok.

Than an other question. What is the best way to get the most power out of a brushed motor. Wich way to connect i mean?

The Tekin is now updated wel and works further great.
Didn't test it yet on a track. This will happan satturday against some other drivers. I hope it's as fast as the LRP TC. This will be the last race with a brushed motor. in the winter i will drive mod and next year we are going to race with 10,5T brushless motors. Whe don't now the rules for it jet.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcpoint
Hi all,
Does anyone else have big problems registering at Tekin forum? I've been sending emails to tekin but still no response or validated registration.......or they just don't like Dutch....lol
Z
if you register and don't get access, you can PM myself or Randy, and we can look into it....

Currently, the forum is being hit with about 100 spam registrations a day, and as we do this in our own time, to monitor it, if it looks odd, it will be removed, moslty anything with .ru gmail.com and if the user name isn't rc-related, or doesn't match the email address or just looks odd. We are pretty good at seeing the proper ones... but be warned, if you try to use something like SEXGOD as a username, you definately will get deleted.

As I say, if you register and don't get access in a day or so.... pm someone on here about it.... it is 11am and I have removed 30 already today.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default stock?

hey guys, would this be a good choice for my new 1/12th scale??
Old 09-11-2008, 04:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
if you register and don't get access, you can PM myself or Randy, and we can look into it....

Currently, the forum is being hit with about 100 spam registrations a day, and as we do this in our own time, to monitor it, if it looks odd, it will be removed, moslty anything with .ru gmail.com and if the user name isn't rc-related, or doesn't match the email address or just looks odd. We are pretty good at seeing the proper ones... but be warned, if you try to use something like SEXGOD as a username, you definately will get deleted.

As I say, if you register and don't get access in a day or so.... pm someone on here about it.... it is 11am and I have removed 30 already today.
PM sent.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Should I get the Redline 10.5 or 13.5 motor bundled with the RS, or just buy the ESC separately along with ever-popular Novak or SpeedPassion? Is there a benefit to running a Redline with the RS over other companies?

Only reason is I'm finding little feedback on the Redline motors on the forum, just making sure I get the best combination possible.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

I shall be getting a 10.5 redline sensored very soon, will let you know... it does have a very sexy can though!! and decent solder tabs, not them pesky holes lots have.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by windsor
hey guys, would this be a good choice for my new 1/12th scale??
It's just my opinion but the RS is looking like the speedo to have for 12th indoors if you're running 17.5 or 13.5 motors. If you're going to be running any kind of serious modified racing the pro version will be the way to go.

The RS is very adjustable (preferrrably with the hotwire) and I'm finding that they're tough as nails. The RS is a huge weight savings compared to a Novak, LRP or Speedpassion.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I just got the 2 RS Pro combo with the 13.5 & 17.5 and wondering what setting I should start. Should I set max timing on both motors and set the speedo in sensor mode?

Thanks
Old 09-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you guys go back a page or so Jason Moberly has his Hotwire screen up for you to see.

The RS is a great 1/12 esc. It's small,light, and so far appears to be the best fit physically in the cars. Coupled with the adjustability. It's a no brainer.

The Redline motors are great. Very efficient and powerful. If you look to the construction from motor to motor, you will see our quality. Our motors are machined from billet aluminum. No threw screws, The endbells' are screwed into the main body, set screwed tight.

Try one, you won't be dissapointed!
Old 09-11-2008, 07:18 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Joech: Yes, put the speedo in sensored mode and crank the timing on the motor. You can see my full setups at www.mo-net.ws or directly at http://sites.google.com/site/jmoberl...ekin-rs-setups
Old 09-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Since I own what appears to be a fixed timing motor (Speed Passion), how do you know when you have the timing cranked all the way on other motors? Does it stop turning once reached that point?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Since I own what appears to be a fixed timing motor (Speed Passion), how do you know when you have the timing cranked all the way on other motors? Does it stop turning once reached that point?
From my experience, yes...
Old 09-12-2008, 01:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mo
Joech: Yes, put the speedo in sensored mode and crank the timing on the motor. You can see my full setups at www.mo-net.ws or directly at http://sites.google.com/site/jmoberl...ekin-rs-setups
Why not 100% timing?
Or is that for every motor diffrend?
I have it on 100% for a speedpassion 9,5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.