Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stitchy
Probably a stupid queestion, but what are those tiny little tubes that come in the "accessory pack" for?
You can use them on your cap.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
Slide them on the capacitors leads for some protection.
heh, that's what i thought but i'd probably melt them while soldering. thanks for the answer
Old 07-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hound_dogs_01
so you can run lower but not higher????

Alex
Gearing it at 4.2 will give you your top end, gearing it for a lower FDR than 4.2 is possible, but not allowable per the rules. Gearing it at 4.8 will give it better infield speed. From past experience, most people don't get passed on a long straight, they get blown by in the infield. Temp is real important to the 21.5s they get real slow when they overheat.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fred_B
The 1:1 people that call a 4.11 gear lower than a 3.73 gear are the same people that call an engine a "motor". Most people that had high school physics will know that a 4:1 gear is a higher ratio than a 3:1 gear.

But, back to the RS...
I'll have to disagree with you on this one.....In the world of real cars a higher ratio is always the lower number or more top end. A lower ratio is the higher number or more low end torque.

RC cars are just scaled down cars of the real thing hence....we should follow the same terminology.....

Lower gear ratio.....more low end power
Higher gear ratio.....more high end power
Old 07-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Last edited by PitNamedGordie; 07-30-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm glad to see that you can look up the ratio's on the Vette. You're talking about higher gear numbers (speed) and I'm talking about higher gear ratio's. They are opposite.

It's not worth arguing to be honest.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Talking Was just messing with ya

Last edited by Skruger; 08-04-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Skruger
Yea right (you are getting ratio mixed up with gear shift position)

Us REAL Mechanics that deal with this all day long will Strongly disagree with what you just sait.

Lower gear ratio = less tork more top end speed = overdrive or overgearing
Higher gear ratio = more tork less speed = underdrive or undergearing

It is the same in all physics.
If you think I am wrong then you better go back to school.
BTW: I rebuild Transmissions in real cars
You are ABSOLUTELY wrong, but I'm done with this......by the way we in the educated world spell "tork" like this TORQUE.......

I'm out on this one....... Ignorance must be bliss......

How about this: Ever heard "Gear Down" Lower gear = more torque
"Gear Up" Higher gear = more speed

If you put a higher gear ratio in your car you will go faster on top speed........closer to 1:1 the farther from 1:1 the more torque you will have.

A 2.73:1 ratio is more top end
A 4.11:1 ratio is more torque or bottom end

I won't respond to more of this nonsense.....Look it up!
Old 07-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

man you guys can kill a thread...
Old 07-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
Do you have some photo's of it build in the car?
I have seen the car but for what I have seen there is space enough.

Something els. I get several questions about the Turbo.
Most of them if they go faster on the straight with the Turbo than the other speedo's.
The answer is yes as you want to go faster on the straight it is possible.
But this will not make your car faster than other speedo's.
You will lose to much power in the infield and you notes that the Turbo will kick in quite late. So your advantage is very small and only on the straight.
Gear your car a lot lighter. You will go faster in the infield and the Turbo kicks in a lot smoother on the straight. Also you will feel the Turbo on the straight as one acceleration.
When your car comes on the straight, it will keep accelerating till the end and it is as fast as the other speedo's.
The infield is than for the Tekin. You will see that you are a lot faster in the infield.
Also you can use a lower Boost. Your motor will stay cooler.

I'm already waiting for the V202 software. I like the new software features.
Each time Tekin comes with something new.
My speedo becomes faster and faster and each time I discover new tings with setups.
i haven't seen a response to post yet (i may have missed it) and if i understand what is trying to said i agree.

I've keep reading about dropping 4 teeth, or 6 teeth or whatever, it seems to me that a brushless motor, has a gear ratio that it runs best at. different brands motors have a different gear ratio IMO. at home i ran a 5.2 all the time, when i went to jonesboro i discovered that by going to a 4.7 the motor ran well but got hot, but i needed more if i was going to even think about running with Mr. Tag, so i tried a different size spur and went to a 4.23 and the motor actually ran cooler. when i came home i ran the same ratio and ran away with the races. I've used this ratio at jonesboro, med size outdoor track and hot has hell temps, I used the same ratio at SIR air conditioned indoor asphalt small track and at Fantasy World Racing track, google it for videos that show the size of track. last week i got to try version 199 after using version 198 the week before, I geared down and felt i lost all the infield rip the car had while only maintaining the same straight away speed. i geared back up, infield rip came back and straight away speed went up. what am i doing wrong or different then everyone else. or is it one of those wierd things that happens some times. thanks and looking forward to 200.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C5Vette
You are ABSOLUTELY wrong, but I'm done with this......by the way we in the educated world spell "tork" like this TORQUE.......

I'm out on this one....... Ignorance must be bliss......

How about this: Ever heard "Gear Down" Lower gear = more torque
"Gear Up" Higher gear = more speed

If you put a higher gear ratio in your car you will go faster on top speed........closer to 1:1 the farther from 1:1 the more torque you will have.

A 2.73:1 ratio is more top end
A 4.11:1 ratio is more torque or bottom end

I won't respond to more of this nonsense.....Look it up!
just to bug you,,,,, i love it when the post starts off,, I'm done with this, and finishes a paragraph later. sorry, just messing, but i do agree with you,
Old 07-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

All the gear ratio crap is making me want to go buy a LRP.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
man you guys can kill a thread...

Definitely not trying to be a thread killer.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
i haven't seen a response to post yet (i may have missed it) and if i understand what is trying to said i agree.

I've keep reading about dropping 4 teeth, or 6 teeth or whatever, it seems to me that a brushless motor, has a gear ratio that it runs best at. different brands motors have a different gear ratio IMO. at home i ran a 5.2 all the time, when i went to jonesboro i discovered that by going to a 4.7 the motor ran well but got hot, but i needed more if i was going to even think about running with Mr. Tag, so i tried a different size spur and went to a 4.23 and the motor actually ran cooler. when i came home i ran the same ratio and ran away with the races. I've used this ratio at jonesboro, med size outdoor track and hot has hell temps, I used the same ratio at SIR air conditioned indoor asphalt small track and at Fantasy World Racing track, google it for videos that show the size of track. last week i got to try version 199 after using version 198 the week before, I geared down and felt i lost all the infield rip the car had while only maintaining the same straight away speed. i geared back up, infield rip came back and straight away speed went up. what am i doing wrong or different then everyone else. or is it one of those wierd things that happens some times. thanks and looking forward to 200.
Some times the motor will run hot if it's revving out all the time. In that case running a bigger pinion can actually make the motor run cooler. The sweet spot gets smaller as you add timing.

Just goes to show that you need to practice with a few different ratio's and find the best gear for what you're running.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Both right, each looking from different ends. Terminology is confusing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.