Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Care to share?
About the 6.5 setup, sure.

Same motor I ran at the nats last year, but it's much better in Dual-Mode.

Pm me an email and I'll send you a setup with roll.

Bull.
Yes you will need a rec pack or booster with that Esc
I reccomend the TQ Booster
Old 03-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've got a question about neutral width, minimum throttle/brake, and radio settings like punch (KO EX-10) and throttle accel (4pk). The punch/throttle excel feature makes the radio jump from neutral straight to a higher value, so it can remove a dead zone around neutral in the ESC.

I'm running a DX3R, SR3100 recv, Tekin RS, and Fantom Ion 3 (duo3).

I've got my neutral width set to "Min". Throttle profile on the RS is 3 (linear), and I've got no expo in the radio. Minimum throttle is currently at 0. The radio has no punch/throttle accel feature.

If I put the car on a stand, and very slowly pull the trigger, I get absolutely no drive from the wheels until something like 15-20% throttle. This makes it very hard to be smooth, precise, and fast on the throttle / brakes.

So, my question is, is the "minimum" neutral width on the Tekin still a huge lame-ass gaping hole? Or is it just that the Tekin is driving so lightly near neutral that it doesn't actually move anything? If I turn up the min throttle, will I actually get a reaction closer to neutral on the trigger? Or will I still have to pull the trigger 15-20% before I get the min throttle? Or maybe there's a bug with min neutral width in the Tekin, and I should try 1 or 2?

Most of the experienced drivers at my track say the Tekin feels like crap, and I'm wondering if the huge soggy sponge around neutral is a big part of that. One of the guys who has an EX-10 said the min throttle setting didn't do anything for him, and he had to turn the punch up to like 25 to get it to feel right. Unfortunately, I don't have that option.

-Mike
Old 03-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
You will not be able to get a post. We do not sell them. Ideally the unit should be sent in for repair. We do not recommend running it without the posts.
Do you think it will be to expensive just to put a 1 post? Thanks
Old 03-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I've got a question about neutral width, minimum throttle/brake, and radio settings like punch (KO EX-10) and throttle accel (4pk). The punch/throttle excel feature makes the radio jump from neutral straight to a higher value, so it can remove a dead zone around neutral in the ESC.

I'm running a DX3R, SR3100 recv, Tekin RS, and Fantom Ion 3 (duo3).

I've got my neutral width set to "Min". Throttle profile on the RS is 3 (linear), and I've got no expo in the radio. Minimum throttle is currently at 0. The radio has no punch/throttle accel feature.

If I put the car on a stand, and very slowly pull the trigger, I get absolutely no drive from the wheels until something like 15-20% throttle. This makes it very hard to be smooth, precise, and fast on the throttle / brakes.

So, my question is, is the "minimum" neutral width on the Tekin still a huge lame-ass gaping hole? Or is it just that the Tekin is driving so lightly near neutral that it doesn't actually move anything? If I turn up the min throttle, will I actually get a reaction closer to neutral on the trigger? Or will I still have to pull the trigger 15-20% before I get the min throttle? Or maybe there's a bug with min neutral width in the Tekin, and I should try 1 or 2?

Most of the experienced drivers at my track say the Tekin feels like crap, and I'm wondering if the huge soggy sponge around neutral is a big part of that. One of the guys who has an EX-10 said the min throttle setting didn't do anything for him, and he had to turn the punch up to like 25 to get it to feel right. Unfortunately, I don't have that option.

-Mike
I have the same radio setup and use 10 for Neutral width, there is definitely not that large of a dead space. Almost everyone binds at 100% then kicks it up to 100-120 epa, everything else throttle wise is untouched.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I have the same radio setup and use 10 for Neutral width, there is definitely not that large of a dead space. Almost everyone binds at 100% then kicks it up to 100-120 epa, everything else throttle wise is untouched.
To explain how I was testing a bit more...

The DX3R has that status screen where it shows you the servo positions. The point where I get drive is about 250, which I think is out of 1200 or so, but I need to double check.

Can anyone who uses the RS with a KO or 4PK chime in? The setting on the KO is called punch, and the setting on the 4PK is called Throttle Accelleration. I'm not sure what other radios have that setting. I just know the Spektrum ones don't have it.

I'll play a bit with the neutral width and min throttle settings. It wouldn't surprise me if there's a bug in the Tekin that makes it go cross-eyed if you set it too low.

EDIT: I haven't been kicking up my end-points after calibration. I just leave it at 100.

-Mike
Old 03-15-2011, 03:07 PM
pmc
Tech Adept

Hello

someone has a good setup for a Tekin RS Pro ( version 212) and a motor LRP X12 13.5 T for a track with a main straight of 60 meters??

thanks in advance.
Best regards:
Pedro Silva
Old 03-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Is binding at 100 EPA recommended?

The manual says to max out EPA and D/R. So I binded at 140 for FORW. and 160 for REV.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was told to do it at 100 and also told to do it with epa set at 95. Then after bind to move epa to 100. This is what I did and it works great. I was told to do that so it will definately see 100 percent full throttle. I would try it and see if it helps
Old 03-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat

-Mike
This is pretty much what is happening. Because we have so much control down low for crawling,etc you can get the system to "hum" and not move. Min throttle is the correct adjustment for this. If it was a deadband issue you would get NO response from the esc, no humming,etc.

Most guys in TC 17.5 are liking between 15 and 20 for Min Throttle. Each chassis/driver is different. There is so much "stiction" in a belted TC that a 17.5 simply will not rotate it with the small amounts of driver we can give the motor.

Set your NW to 10, start to adjust Min Throttle.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys let's clear this up really quick. Not all radios require a calibration at 95 epa and then bump to 100.

Matter of fact that was only an issue on previous software levels(200). This should not be neccessary with 212.

Some radios wander their signal around a bit. We are very sensitive to radio signal. Because of this should your esc be calibrated to see a set level and that level move or not be achieved by your radio we may not give you full throttle for example. If we do not see full throttle we will not provide turbo. Hence the issue.

Now you can set your epa's to 95 for calibratoin, then bump to 100 without causing an issue. However if you cal at 95 then bump to 140 or higher, this can cause an issue. Some radios have a "wrap around" where the signal comes back around. If you were to cal at 95, bump to 140 you may experience this issue. SO for the sake of conversation only bump 5 to 10 over epa wise over your calibration point.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the info Randy
Old 03-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks...
Old 03-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default Manual Blinky Mode

Originally Posted by locked
press MODE button 5 times (TP) then press INCR until only 1 LED is lit
I have tried this, but don't seem to have blinky mode activated. I do not have Hotwire as I am on Mac.

Is there a list of what the factory set profiles are?
Mildest?
Mild?
Linear?

I have searched but can't find?
Thanks
Old 03-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Guys let's clear this up really quick. Not all radios require a calibration at 95 epa and then bump to 100.

Matter of fact that was only an issue on previous software levels(200). This should not be neccessary with 212.

Some radios wander their signal around a bit. We are very sensitive to radio signal. Because of this should your esc be calibrated to see a set level and that level move or not be achieved by your radio we may not give you full throttle for example. If we do not see full throttle we will not provide turbo. Hence the issue.

Now you can set your epa's to 95 for calibratoin, then bump to 100 without causing an issue. However if you cal at 95 then bump to 140 or higher, this can cause an issue. Some radios have a "wrap around" where the signal comes back around. If you were to cal at 95, bump to 140 you may experience this issue. SO for the sake of conversation only bump 5 to 10 over epa wise over your calibration point.
Thanks for putting this out there.

Per Robert's (at KO) recommendation for the Helios/Eurus, I calibrate my throttle at 140 and bump to 150. Works great!

Bill
Old 03-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Set your NW to 10, start to adjust Min Throttle.
Thanks for the response, Randy.

Just to clarify... if I'm not having any problems with the neutral width at 0, is there actually any reason to increase it to 10?

-Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.