23T motor thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

23T motor thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

how do you know if ur brushes need replacing?
Old 07-18-2003, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

woops...didn't know the first time posting worked
Old 07-18-2003, 03:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

To DTM i
i know u got a SV10 Sigma if i can remember. Can u tell me what is the best gear ratio for a 23t motor installed on the sigma? Thank u
Old 07-18-2003, 04:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Talking Hey Guys

I just got the New ECHO and Xenon 23T motors and will be testing them out today...wait till you see the coms on these things !!!! I promis you you haven`t seen any thing like them
Can you say Epoxy balanced rotor and a few other cool things to mke them Rip... my new Echo PQ 23T was pulling 6 amps at 3V and 15000 Rpm on my Yokomo MMS last nigh after I broke in the brushes

I`ll have pic`s later for you all
-Dave
Old 07-18-2003, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by NightKidZ
Amigo, ANY 23 turn motor on sale is below 100 sing

Average price for a bronze bushing 23 turn is abt 40 dollars Sing.

The rebuiltable ones cost more... I think my Tamiya Type RR cost me abt 70... can't be certain, got it 6 mth back as a package with my TL01

Will recommend you to hold out and wait for the new Yokomo 23 stockers to arrive. Either that, or head on down to Rotor Hobbies and check out the Kawada stockers. You might wnat to check out the ball-bearing equiped "modified" 23 turn motor there. Price should be ard 60-70 bucks.

Cheers
just knew that... just bought a tamiya type R... just started in R/C, and thought the motor will quite expensive coz the ESC is very expensive compared to motor...

any recommendation on gear ratio for tamiya type R in a tb01??
Old 07-18-2003, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally posted by NightKidZ
Amigo, ANY 23 turn motor on sale is below 100 sing

Average price for a bronze bushing 23 turn is abt 40 dollars Sing.

The rebuiltable ones cost more... I think my Tamiya Type RR cost me abt 70... can't be certain, got it 6 mth back as a package with my TL01

Will recommend you to hold out and wait for the new Yokomo 23 stockers to arrive. Either that, or head on down to Rotor Hobbies and check out the Kawada stockers. You might wnat to check out the ball-bearing equiped "modified" 23 turn motor there. Price should be ard 60-70 bucks.

Cheers
hi there,
s$40 for a 23t stock motor is quite ok, but to pay s$70 for a 23t bushing stock motor is crazy man!!! u can easily get a machine wound ball bearing modified motor for less than that price at around s$60, eg yokomo S-Pro, trinnity speedgems series machine wind motors etc from as low as 8t onwards. just me S$0.02!!
Old 07-18-2003, 09:10 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by alucard
To DTM i
i know u got a SV10 Sigma if i can remember. Can u tell me what is the best gear ratio for a 23t motor installed on the sigma? Thank u
Pretty much the same for any car...total ratio around 5.x region......I normally go for 5.4 to start and work from there!
Old 07-18-2003, 09:12 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by davioh
how do you know if ur brushes need replacing?
1...when they are burnt.......or 2.....they are too short that I don't like the look of them....(somewhere around almost half the original length)....
Old 07-18-2003, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by alana07
hi there,
s$40 for a 23t stock motor is quite ok, but to pay s$70 for a 23t bushing stock motor is crazy man!!! u can easily get a machine wound ball bearing modified motor for less than that price at around s$60, eg yokomo S-Pro, trinnity speedgems series machine wind motors etc from as low as 8t onwards. just me S$0.02!!
Alan, that $60~70 23 turn motor was Lan Lan buy one, it's a Tamiya Stock Motor (Type RR) to run the recently concluded Tamiya Race series
I know its bloody expensive, but its way cheaper to get a rebuiltable stocker than to buy a new stock motor every other race

Cheers
Old 07-19-2003, 03:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by dtm
1...when they are burnt.......or 2.....they are too short that I don't like the look of them....(somewhere around almost half the original length)....
alright thanks. i'll check again later...just went to EGR
Old 07-20-2003, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Talking Sorry guys..

BUt I have been kind of busy with a few things..and testing the new ECHO and Xenon 23T stocks!!
all I have to say is you better put the new Yokomo`s aside ..because these will blow them away tons of torque and RPM and they all have a stand up brush.!!!!!

also I`ll have the pic`s of them later for you all..

-Dave
Old 07-21-2003, 11:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Post Tips needed

Hello everyone,

what do you guys usually do to your new motor apart from breaking in the motor and brushes?
what i mean here is how to tune the motor to make it faster.
What kind of brush is good for stock racing? any recommendation?
I found out that several drivers in my place are extremely fast, but i don't know what they do to their motors. care to share any pro tips?
Old 07-22-2003, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Sorry guys..

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
BUt I have been kind of busy with a few things..and testing the new ECHO and Xenon 23T stocks!!
all I have to say is you better put the new Yokomo`s aside ..because these will blow them away tons of torque and RPM and they all have a stand up brush.!!!!!

also I`ll have the pic`s of them later for you all..

-Dave

Oh my god.....it pulls 6amp @ 3v that too good to be true ?? What tuning did the japs did to make them scream soo much ?? You mentioned it a totally new design, can you tell us more about it ??
Old 07-22-2003, 08:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Are these motors readily available in North America?

Are they priced higher/lower that ROAR stock motors?

Can anyone point me to a set of rules for 23T racing?

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2003, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up OK here is the Goods

OK ...I`m back now after a few days of testing and I have to say that the new ECHO 23T Stock is the best hands down by far!!!!! the PQ and the P versions are the best.....(Xenon is also based of the ECHO rotor now too..)

I can gear this thing at 5.55 ( best for the PQ ) and it has tons of top end and loads of torque!!!!!

anywasy take a look at the Comm!!!! I have never seen anything like this...I hope the guys in the states pic up on this soon!!!!

-Dave
Attached Thumbnails 23T motor thread-picture-222.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.