Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT10 Class

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

More information on the 2009 BBR Le Mans Cup with some of the rule updates.

Now that we have the first series under our belts, we feel that there needs to be some very slight power changes for the series to better segregate the two classes and therefore better highlight the two classes. There has been a lot of discussion surrounding what the formula will be for next years series but as it stands right now it looks like the only changes will be to the GT class for next year. It was a consensus that for next year, the GT class would strictly follow the emerging World GT rules:

1. 200 mm chassis only
2. GT, production based bodies
3. 13.5 motor
4. 4 cell nimh batteries

This rule change will bring in other racers who are getting into the exciting new World GT class, into our BBR LeMans Cup series.

The prototype, GTP, Group C, Can Am class rules will more than likely be very close to this years rules but could change after some testing with some now power train combinations:

1. 200mm or 235mm chassis only
2. Prototype, GTP, Group C or Can Am style bodies
3. 13.5 motors with 7.4v lipos
4. 10.5 motors with 4 cell nimh batteries.

The other change we will be testing during the off season is a spec tire rule. Either the new CRC World GT spec tire or the Jaco World GT spec tire. Final decision will be made after testing.

Again, just like this year, there will be 1st through 3rd for both classes. We are also talking about a third class but I will wait until the details are worked out before announcing that class.

I think that eventually, as the World GT class grows and the ability to get 235mm kits or chassis become harder to find, this series will evolve into an only World GT class but we shall see.

Stay tuned for more information on the 2009 BBR Le Mans Cup Series as it develops!!
Old 10-29-2008, 04:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think I read somewhere that Parma would be coming out with an Aston Martin DBR9 before the end of the year (and McAllister Racing has a new Ferrari body out)
Old 10-29-2008, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Crashby - Now I'm wishing I lived in your area!!!

When you get your series set up for next season, maybe I can work in a "Business Trip" for the right weekend / location.

On the 235 Cars, there are several NEW options out there:

Corally has its new car, CRC can run 235 as well as the Darkside I-Fource. Your rules are similar to our's for pavement, but we run with 10.5's and lipo or 6 cells. I think a combined heat is way cool, and would love to give it a try.

So keep the info coming!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
I think I read somewhere that Parma would be coming out with an Aston Martin DBR9 before the end of the year (and McAllister Racing has a new Ferrari body out)
I have one of the McCallister Ferrari's; and it works okay (I haven't had anything to compare to) but these suckers are HUGE. A WHOLE 2+ INCHES longer, LOL
Old 10-29-2008, 03:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Grenade10

When you get your series set up for next season, maybe I can work in a "Business Trip" for the right weekend / location.

Corally has its new car, CRC can run 235 as well as the Darkside I-Fource. Your rules are similar to our's for pavement, but we run with 10.5's and lipo or 6 cells. I think a combined heat is way cool, and would love to give it a try.

So keep the info coming!
As soon as we get the 2009 schedule in concrete, I will post on RC-Tech. We are going to have two night races next year and one of the new 2009 rules will state there has to be head and tail lights for your car. Tamiya makes a few different kinds of kits which should make the installation easy for everyone. We would love to have you come out and join in the mix even if it's just one or two races. Points where awarded just like the old formula one rules:

1st 9 points
2nd 6 points
3rd 4 points
4th 3 points
5th 2 points
6th 1 point

The trophies where large metal silver bowls on walnut bases. Very nice trophies thanks to Ken Jones of BBR!!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
I have one of the McCallister Ferrari's; and it works okay (I haven't had anything to compare to) but these suckers are HUGE. A WHOLE 2+ INCHES longer, LOL
where did you get the body from?
Old 10-29-2008, 05:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I took this videos last weekend at The Gate. I unfortunately was in the B-main. My car was getting walked down the straight - it was ugly.

World GT A-Main NorthEast Grand Slam
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

World GT B-Main NorthEast Grand Slam
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10

So keep the info coming!
My hope is to keep the motor battey comb the same for GTP and GT so we can get more in too racing. I know a few that want to get in to GT, but do not want to go back to Sub C cells. They want to run the same thing that they have in there TC.

I was looking at the 10R5 and it would be easy for someone PRC could come up with a new front plate to make it a wide car and IRS with a new Hub.

So i do not think 235 is dead but would love to see both grow. If fun to see the diffent cars on the track.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

I dont think its dead either...people are finding 200mm easier and more readily available these days so youre going to see that class continue to grow. 235mm will be largely taken up with pre-existing chassis (Many of which can be found on EBAY these days) but it wont get back to the levels it was at in the 90s. I have a Pantoura nowadays and cant wait to get into WGT full bore

Last edited by trackdesigner71; 10-30-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

As a thank you to all our customers we are offering free UPS Ground shipping on all domestic orders until December 24th.

www.bmiracing.com

Old 12-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

anybody know what is happening with the jaco spec tires? they are out of stock everywhere and not listed some places that they used to be... heck i can't even find them on jaco's site... they were a few dollars cheaper and i liked the rims... anywho.. car is almost done.. widened 10l3t...
Old 12-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

Id PM Jack Rimer about that Tally
Old 12-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

don't want to bother the man. thought there might be an easy answer...
Old 12-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think Jaco is backed up a little. We are waiting on a lot of tires including WGT Spec tires.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Tallyrc,

I too am trying to widen a 10L3T for the World GT class and I'd love to hear how you've gone about doing it (I'm really new to pan cars ). Any chance you could either post or PM me what you've done to get it to 200mm?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Mike

Originally Posted by tallyrc
anybody know what is happening with the jaco spec tires? they are out of stock everywhere and not listed some places that they used to be... heck i can't even find them on jaco's site... they were a few dollars cheaper and i liked the rims... anywho.. car is almost done.. widened 10l3t...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.