Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Check the pics

This with the LRP motor.
With a GM you go under the belt and bend it upwards and tie it with a tierap to the stifner.

cheers Roy

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Whats the chosen method of routing for the sensor wire on these. I had a JS and the sensor wire on my Novak 17.5 SS was a pain to route. The only sensible way was to go through the belt and over the top of the chassis. Bending it to go in between bulkheads and out the other side was impossible since it prohibited the motor from being able to rotate toward the front of the car. And even then I still couldnt rotate the motor all the way because the sensor wire boot bumped into the bulkhead?
Old 12-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks Roy. It appears the problem is related to specific motors. On my Novak for instance...the sensor wire is located at the lower left corner as you look at the endbell. As you can imagine that puts it right at the lower corner of the tensioner bulkhead. No where to go but through the belt and up.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Big Dave

Dave has made it onto www.rctvlive.com twice now once for the Birds and now Vegas.....good job man!
Old 12-07-2009, 05:54 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Thanks Roy. It appears the problem is related to specific motors. On my Novak for instance...the sensor wire is located at the lower left corner as you look at the endbell. As you can imagine that puts it right at the lower corner of the tensioner bulkhead. No where to go but through the belt and up.
If you run the Novak Ballistic motors you won't have any problems. These new motors fit great with their new narrow end and new sensor wire placement.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's what I got.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Orion is a little longer but still fits great. Through the brace and around.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic E4 Thread-zi6_0169.jpg  
Old 12-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Hello everyone.. I need to know what spares I should be looking to get at the same time I order my FS kit.. Im thinking obviously f/r arms but wolf doesnt have the E4FS front arms only the E4J.. I am guessing there the same thing but parts numbers are diffrent so just asking... Also what do you guys break so I can build up a little stock.. No one in probly a 500 mile radius from me has a E4 lol so if I break I want to be able to fix it... lol Thanks for the help in advance and hopfully I can turn some people onto the car...
Old 12-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RyeRey521
Hello everyone.. I need to know what spares I should be looking to get at the same time I order my FS kit.. Im thinking obviously f/r arms but wolf doesnt have the E4FS front arms only the E4J.. I am guessing there the same thing but parts numbers are diffrent so just asking... Also what do you guys break so I can build up a little stock.. No one in probly a 500 mile radius from me has a E4 lol so if I break I want to be able to fix it... lol Thanks for the help in advance and hopfully I can turn some people onto the car...
I thought about the same thing when I bought my E4RS, so according to my previous experience, I bought suspension arms, C hubs, steering blocks and dog bones. That is the experience when I started playing touring car on the carpet track with HB Cyclone and Tamiya TA05. You know what so far I have not broken any parts in my E4, I may have improved my skill a bit, but I did hit the wall seriously few times, nothing happened. So if you have some experience driving other cars on your track and gradually stop from breaking parts, you should be fine without buying any thing. If you still want to buy some just in case you would break the car, use your previous experience
Old 12-08-2009, 12:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Thanks a lot man.. yea at our track It seems like all the fast guys.. when they do break stuff they are casterblocks, arms, and outdrives... All XRay if i may add... Ill go ahead and buy a single set of arms, knuckles, blocks f/r, and possible some outdrivesand if I don't need them then it will make selling it (when of ir I do) that much easier... Ha or maybe I just like to be one of those guys with bags full of spares lol... Thanks for your input forfun... I have only been racing for 2/3 months lol granted I really don't hit too much but I know the transition to Rubber touring will involve some walls lol
Old 12-08-2009, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

Be aware there are two different types of arms. There are the "foam" arms and the RS or "rubber spec" arms. The rubber spec arms give a little bit more suspension travel and help the car with the correct ride height with obviously rubber tires. The FS "foam spec" arms are beefier and raise the ride height a little because of the low height of foam tires.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RyeRey521
Thanks a lot man.. yea at our track It seems like all the fast guys.. when they do break stuff they are casterblocks, arms, and outdrives... All XRay if i may add... Ill go ahead and buy a single set of arms, knuckles, blocks f/r, and possible some outdrivesand if I don't need them then it will make selling it (when of ir I do) that much easier... Ha or maybe I just like to be one of those guys with bags full of spares lol... Thanks for your input forfun... I have only been racing for 2/3 months lol granted I really don't hit too much but I know the transition to Rubber touring will involve some walls lol
You have PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:02 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Isaac
It's what I got.
Awesome. I know if I still ran touring car I would of bought a 2nd E4FS at the price Wolf had them for. What a deal on the car. I say that price and was like OMG!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

What battery pack do you have in your E4? I've seen the Intellects in E4s and just wondering if SMCs fit and anything else.
Dude, go Lipo. The E4 is best suited for it.

Whats the chosen method of routing for the sensor wire on these. I had a JS and the sensor wire on my Novak 17.5 SS was a pain to route. The only sensible way was to go through the belt and over the top of the chassis. Bending it to go in between bulkheads and out the other side was impossible since it prohibited the motor from being able to rotate toward the front of the car. And even then I still couldnt rotate the motor all the way because the sensor wire boot bumped into the bulkhead?
What motor are you using? I have a Losi Xcelorin in mine and have no problems routing the sensor wire over or under the battery cover. You just have to watch out at around the motor where the wire loops into the motor so that the looped wire sticking out doesn't hit the belts. Its best that you get a long sensor wire so that you have some slack to work with. Stormer Hobbies has some.
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=LRP81910

Originally Posted by cpatel529
To increase front and rear track, is everyone using the aftermarket wheel hex adaptors that add offset? Can you use the ones made by other companies like Tamiya or will they not fit the pin? Any information would be helpful.
Tamiya and others like it won't work. The E4 kinda carries over from the G4 which has some compatibility with the old Kyosho and Reflex gas cars. You will need to get a clamping hub for any of those nitro TC to work on the E4.
http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...oducts_id=1479

If you don't want to go to that expense you can always use the 1mm wheel spacers that HPI has.

Originally Posted by cpatel529
Also has anyone tried to use the KO PDS-951 ICS servo in their E4? It is a 1/12 servo that weights 29g but is 0.09 seconds and 107 oz of torque. Will the mounting holes support this or would you have to find a different way to mount it?
I use the 2413ICS low profile.

It fits perfectly on my JS. Plus its super smooth and has plenty of torque.
http://www.kopropo.com/america/index...=25&Itemid=127
Old 12-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

LOL - C'mon man I know that. Which Lipo "pack" is what I was saying. Does anyone still use NiMh besides mod racers? Did he say that... "go Lipo"

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Dude, go Lipo. The E4 is best suited for it.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

LOL - C'mon man I know that. Which Lipo "pack" is what I was saying. Does anyone still use NiMh besides mod racers? Did he say that... "go Lipo"
I just saw the word "Intellec" and all I can think of was those krapped out 4300s sitting on my shelf. I haven't gotten used to their name with Lipos yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.