Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I tested the fit of LiPO pack on my car, i race for H-Energy so i tested the fitment of the hardcase 7.4v H-Energy 5.200mah 25C pack and after i sanded the small "angle" of the front plastic support that holds the axle, it fits OK only 1 shim under upper deck but i will have to drill small hole on the deck to put one of the connectors. Battery tray i have to sand a little too for squared batt,

cya,

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 08-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tabushi
I tested the fit of LiPO pack on my car, i race for H-Energy so i tested the fitment of the hardcase 7.4v H-Energy 5.200mah 25C pack and after i sanded the small "angle" of the front plastic support that holds the axle, it fits OK only 1 shim under upper deck but i will have to drill small hole on the deck to put one of the connectors. Battery tray i have to sand a little too for squared batt,

cya,

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Yupyup! I had to grind a little notch in the top of the battery case to get it to sit in the correct spot.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:32 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Kist tried fitament with the Losi 3700 and TracPower 4900. They need just a little bit of work bout could be made to fit with the Wolf lipo tray.

The Tracpower 3600 30C fits like a glove. Just as nice as the Orion Platinum 4800.

Hey John or anyone have you guys used the solid spool vs the one/spool combo that I have with my FS car? It is an expensive item and if the main differance is the weight I will just stick with my combo one way/spool setup as I looked at it and looks like it will work just fine. I currently use the one way setup for are track but I will be going outdoors soon and need a straight spool.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I rebuilt the JS this weekend. Swapped it into a new tub as the old tub had a small piece missing by the speedo. I had a huge issue with the front shaft bearings. I had to tear the seals out to get into them for a deep cleaning and found carpet fiber inside the bearings. Time for a new pair of shaft bearings. With the seals out on both sides, the bearings cleaned up nice and roll free again, but not sure how long they would last with no seals. I'm still finding way too much tension in the front and middle belts even with the HPI belt. I tried shimming the front shaft retainer and it will not work as it interferes with the battery door for this this model. It seems to roll pretty free at this point. It needs some electronics to make it a racer again.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
Kist tried fitament with the Losi 3700 and TracPower 4900. They need just a little bit of work bout could be made to fit with the Wolf lipo tray.

The Tracpower 3600 30C fits like a glove. Just as nice as the Orion Platinum 4800.

Hey John or anyone have you guys used the solid spool vs the one/spool combo that I have with my FS car? It is an expensive item and if the main differance is the weight I will just stick with my combo one way/spool setup as I looked at it and looks like it will work just fine. I currently use the one way setup for are track but I will be going outdoors soon and need a straight spool.
Yes .. that combo spool one way is heavy .
And may be the cause of that vibration when used as a spool,
I would love to know if anyone makes a nice light weight one . I would get it in a second ! Wolf ?
Old 08-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I used the spool from the E4RS and the one way from the E4FS
The one way gives a lot more free running then the spool but you loose it when breaking.
With the one way you also have less tire wear and it steers a lot more but controlled steer.
I find the one way rather nice but hey that is my opinion

cheers Roy
Old 08-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
I used the spool from the E4RS and the one way from the E4FS
The one way gives a lot more free running then the spool but you loose it when breaking.
With the one way you also have less tire wear and it steers a lot more but controlled steer.
I find the one way rather nice but hey that is my opinion

cheers Roy
I love a one way too!
Problem is everyone else ie running a spool and the racing lines are different too much to hold off the spoolies. And the spool grinds off speed nicely when you need it most. A one way you have to be very careful to not overshoot the turn.
Half brake and all,
Old 08-17-2009, 02:59 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Yes .. that combo spool one way is heavy .
And may be the cause of that vibration when used as a spool,
I would love to know if anyone makes a nice light weight one . I would get it in a second ! Wolf ?
Well I think the more we get this thread moving and more guys running then maybe we can get Wolf to get something made in a spool that is lighter.

Talked with him a little bit tonight and went over some of my findings. I'm going to get everything to him in an email with pics and so on.

I have to say I really like this car. It was love hate at first til I read thru the thread and posting with you and a few others really helped. Now that I have my own car and can mess with things I'm really gathering info fast now.

I can't say enough how good this car felt for me on the track. I know with time it will get even better and my K Factory parts from Wolfs will only make my FS even nicer. I will post more on the K Factory stuff once I get it this week.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:03 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
I rebuilt the JS this weekend. Swapped it into a new tub as the old tub had a small piece missing by the speedo. I had a huge issue with the front shaft bearings. I had to tear the seals out to get into them for a deep cleaning and found carpet fiber inside the bearings. Time for a new pair of shaft bearings. With the seals out on both sides, the bearings cleaned up nice and roll free again, but not sure how long they would last with no seals. I'm still finding way too much tension in the front and middle belts even with the HPI belt. I tried shimming the front shaft retainer and it will not work as it interferes with the battery door for this this model. It seems to roll pretty free at this point. It needs some electronics to make it a racer again.
Carpet really messes up bearings and is one of the reasons that even running rubber tire carpet that I hate running it. Just ruins bearings!!!!!!!!

Does the JS use the same belts as the stock RS and FS cars? My stock belts on the FS are nice and loose and I use the belt tensioners on all 3 belts to keep the belts from skipping. I didn't clean the bearings yet but the car is actually pretty free and is easily as free as my TC5 after 2 months of running it. I don't know but I want to get a JS down the road for a Vintage TA car.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Carpet really messes up bearings and is one of the reasons that even running rubber tire carpet that I hate running it. Just ruins bearings!!!!!!!!

Does the JS use the same belts as the stock RS and FS cars? My stock belts on the FS are nice and loose and I use the belt tensioners on all 3 belts to keep the belts from skipping. I didn't clean the bearings yet but the car is actually pretty free and is easily as free as my TC5 after 2 months of running it. I don't know but I want to get a JS down the road for a Vintage TA car.
It uses the same belts, but because I'm running a 21.5, they never seem to stretch out well. It really is a great TA chassis. This will be my second year wiith it. I ran 1 full and one partial season last year. I got so frustrated I went back to the TC3s (before I found the fuzz in the bearings). If there were just one more tooth on each belt! I can dream.

John
Old 08-17-2009, 05:24 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
It uses the same belts, but because I'm running a 21.5, they never seem to stretch out well. It really is a great TA chassis. This will be my second year wiith it. I ran 1 full and one partial season last year. I got so frustrated I went back to the TC3s (before I found the fuzz in the bearings). If there were just one more tooth on each belt! I can dream.

John
Maybe try running a 17.5 or a 13.5 for a practice run or will loosen the belts up for you. My car even when brand new the side belt was loose enough to need the belt tensioner and the rear and front loosened up enough after a run or two to need to tighten up the tensioners some.

I know I will be looking for JS in the upcoming months.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Guys,

Do you know if its possible to install the E4RS "pre 2009" front belt tensionner into the 2009 model ?

thanks,

Pat
Old 08-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Isn't it the same???
When runnning with tight belts i remove the front tensioner and use it on the side belt and loosen the rear belt a lot.
It free's up the drive train a lot and with 10.5 running i haven't got any belt skipping so far.
I did this on both of my cars and had not problems yet.
When the belts are strechted enough i put the front belt tensioner back and put the original on the side again but for now i am running it as it is.

cheers Roy

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Guys,

Do you know if its possible to install the E4RS "pre 2009" front belt tensionner into the 2009 model ?

thanks,

Pat
Old 08-18-2009, 07:08 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Isn't it the same???
When runnning with tight belts i remove the front tensioner and use it on the side belt and loosen the rear belt a lot.
It free's up the drive train a lot and with 10.5 running i haven't got any belt skipping so far.
I did this on both of my cars and had not problems yet.
When the belts are strechted enough i put the front belt tensioner back and put the original on the side again but for now i am running it as it is.

cheers Roy
Thats a cool idea. I would say if you took the side tensioner orr completely and made a setup could go up from the chassis to the toplate that is thin then any motor would fit intot he car and have lots of room to move the motor for gearing. I looked at that but but I didn't have a way to put on a different side tensioner so I didn't do it. I just used the new Novak Ballistic motor since it fits great into the car.

Do you have a pic with the front tensioner on your side belt? I would like to see what you did because if it works I might order an extra front tensioner and setup my car like that. Then I will remove the standard side tensioner and make my own mount from the chassis to the toplate. Then any motor would work.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
Thats a cool idea. I would say if you took the side tensioner orr completely and made a setup could go up from the chassis to the toplate that is thin then any motor would fit intot he car and have lots of room to move the motor for gearing. I looked at that but but I didn't have a way to put on a different side tensioner so I didn't do it. I just used the new Novak Ballistic motor since it fits great into the car.

Do you have a pic with the front tensioner on your side belt? I would like to see what you did because if it works I might order an extra front tensioner and setup my car like that. Then I will remove the standard side tensioner and make my own mount from the chassis to the toplate. Then any motor would work.
I'd like to see a picture of that relocated front tensioner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.