Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by $$$...
ok, thanks.

As far as dentured alcohol goes, is it the same stuff as isopropyl alcohol? I can get it from work that way and save myself some coin
DENATRUED ALCOHOL is something here (US) used to peel off existing paint on the wall or door if you want to refinish the wall. RC ppl use it to CLEAN NITRO RC car after race....now, you can also use to clean bearing especially for TM car...

I personally did not do anything about the belt...it is LOOSE enough when they are new, simply removed the front belt tensioner and the side belt tensioner, and the car is very loose and smooth.

Then...try to get a set of the sealed bearing or ceremic bearings from them, then keep the stock one for spare. They are my sponcer, super good price and goot support. Price per set from $10 to $75.

http://www.abec35.com/Ball-Bearing-S..._54/index.html
Old 07-16-2009, 01:49 AM
Tech Rookie

I’d like to buy Team Magic E4RS
Can you recommend me most necessary parts?

What springs prefer for carpet?
KFactory LX Touring Shock Spring Set 13x23.5mm (#21~#30)
KFactory LX Touring Shock Spring Set 13x23.5mm (#31~#40)
KFactory LX Touring Shock Spring Set 13x23.5mm (#41~#50)

Because I'll drive with 3.5 mod motors can I need cooling system and what is your opinion?
Old 07-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crius

What springs prefer for carpet?
KFactory LX Touring Shock Spring Set 13x23.5mm (#31~#40)
KFactory LX Touring Shock Spring Set 13x23.5mm (#41~#50)

Because I'll drive with 3.5 mod motors can I need cooling system and what is your opinion?

Should be the right set and all you would need.
Get lower arms front and rear,
Uprights and steering blocks.

No heat sink fits well in this car.
Make a mount out of Lexan to hover a fan or to over the motor.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:12 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crius

I would think the stadard spare parts for most touring cars would be caster blocks, steering knuckles, rear hubs, and a arms. These are pretty normal for any touring car IMO. Spare belts are also always nice to have just in case. As you run the car you will also find out what parts you need to stock up on.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Tech Rookie

What do you say about KFactory TC 2 Motor Cooling Head & Fan Set (w/thermal pad) [K7102]?

I found that servo mount on tape!
Can I use E4 Alum. Servo Mount (2) [503187] or E4J Servo Mount [503275]?
Old 07-18-2009, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

ran the E4js last as my new TA car ....loved it!!!!! small changes from out of the box and it was dialed for carpet ... i cleaned the bearings.. AE springs f/blues r/greens moved rear uper shock location in one hole... tightened side belt slightly to keep it from jumping teeth gearing was a kimbrough 104t spur /PRS 51 pinion

it feelt really smooth to me ....
Old 07-18-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does anyone know of another source of aluminum parts that fit? I am wanting the front and rear bulkheads, or is wolf working on something under $60??
Old 07-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by katfish317
Does anyone know of another source of aluminum parts that fit? I am wanting the front and rear bulkheads, or is wolf working on something under $60??
http://www.rcmanufactory.com/prod.php?cat=E4RS%20Parts
Old 07-26-2009, 11:47 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by rkhess
ran the E4js last as my new TA car ....loved it!!!!! small changes from out of the box and it was dialed for carpet ... i cleaned the bearings.. AE springs f/blues r/greens moved rear uper shock location in one hole... tightened side belt slightly to keep it from jumping teeth gearing was a kimbrough 104t spur /PRS 51 pinion

it feelt really smooth to me ....
Have you had a chance to run the car again?
Old 07-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Can some one help me out with a issue i have with the E4RS i have??
Got 2 identical cars but one of them breaks out to the right when comming out of a corner.
It just is to one side when i put the power on.
They are both identical cars with the same ESC,motor,servo and same setup
one is almost perfect(now me getting some driving skills ) the other is a freaking nightmare.
Any one got any ideas on how to get rid of the car breaking out??
They are setup like in the manual and that works out fine for me on one car and the other is like grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Any help would be most welcome.

regards Roy
PS as we have a not so big track the FDR is 4.30 tot 4.37(depends on what motor your using)
Old 07-26-2009, 03:32 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Can some one help me out with a issue i have with the E4RS i have??
Got 2 identical cars but one of them breaks out to the right when comming out of a corner.
It just is to one side when i put the power on.
They are both identical cars with the same ESC,motor,servo and same setup
one is almost perfect(now me getting some driving skills ) the other is a freaking nightmare.
Any one got any ideas on how to get rid of the car breaking out??
They are setup like in the manual and that works out fine for me on one car and the other is like grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Any help would be most welcome.

regards Roy
PS as we have a not so big track the FDR is 4.30 tot 4.37(depends on what motor your using)
I actually having that problem right now on my TC5. Well I think mine is either one or two things. The servo is not centering just right or one of my ball links is binding when I'm really hard on the steering in a right turn. I will fix the ball link problem.

Ok I would take your shocks off and make sure all your a arms are free with no binding. Thencheck you shocks for bent shock shafts. Check for the ball links to see if they are free and loose on the ball studs. If all that is good and no bent hinge pins then putt everything in your car and check your treak out as that could be a problem to. Make sure your diff is smooth with no binding.

It might be just a process of elimination til you find the problem.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

No binding problems at all.
Check all those factors
Replaces shocks a few times with different oil,no effect.
Ball links are all smooth 2 same as hingpins and and trackrods
Servo is brand new and tested in both cars.
1 has the problem other don't.
Only thing i can see on the car is that it has a little more flex in the chassis when pulling the left rear tire up then when i pull the right rear tire up in the air.
Springs are all ok it is in the chassis that i have that.
It's very strange as i don't have that on the other car with the same shocks as the bad car.
Hope you sort your problems out.
Thanks for the ideas tho.

regards Roy

Originally Posted by wyd
I actually having that problem right now on my TC5. Well I think mine is either one or two things. The servo is not centering just right or one of my ball links is binding when I'm really hard on the steering in a right turn. I will fix the ball link problem.

Ok I would take your shocks off and make sure all your a arms are free with no binding. Thencheck you shocks for bent shock shafts. Check for the ball links to see if they are free and loose on the ball studs. If all that is good and no bent hinge pins then putt everything in your car and check your treak out as that could be a problem to. Make sure your diff is smooth with no binding.

It might be just a process of elimination til you find the problem.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:07 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Few more things. If your running rubber tires check to make sure one is not coming ungluded. Check the tweak by lifing the car up and making sure the rear tires come off the ground at the same time and then check the front the same way. Check shock lengths so they are the same length.

If they are the same cars with everything identical something is just off on the one. I will say you can have two cars setup the same like you do but I have seen them work totally different.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Tires are not unglued
Check them every heat before and after running.
If i lift the car up in the middel there isn't a problem as both wheels come of the ground at the same time.
It is when lifting the left rear tire of the ground that the chassis flex more then when i lift the right rear tire.
Can't figure out why it is doing that.
On he straight it's ok and in left corners also but comming out of a hairpin and then slamming the gas down it go's bananas and that is in 2 corners who are almost the same and both to the right

cheers Roy

Originally Posted by wyd
Few more things. If your running rubber tires check to make sure one is not coming ungluded. Check the tweak by lifing the car up and making sure the rear tires come off the ground at the same time and then check the front the same way. Check shock lengths so they are the same length.

If they are the same cars with everything identical something is just off on the one. I will say you can have two cars setup the same like you do but I have seen them work totally different.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I had a play with an RS too, and could not get a handle for it, to me the problem is the left side top deck mount being made of plastic, it twists allowing the chassis to tweak.

The alloy left mount, and the new wolf left motor brace would most likely solve the issue.

For me i pretty much just gave up on trying it was that much of an issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.