Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Take-Off and RP tires gone out of production??? >

Take-Off and RP tires gone out of production???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Take-Off and RP tires gone out of production???

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

In order:

No. Other brand never made it to the standards we demand for racing and distribution.

Very nearly. We have revised formulation and stepped up production quantities of TO premounts incoming as we speak. :-)

Take Off and Schumacher USA are now both prepared to return the racing community to the state of plentiful supply and competitive quality we enjoyed for so many years.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer
In order:

No. Other brand never made it to the standards we demand for racing and distribution.

Very nearly. We have revised formulation and stepped up production quantities of TO premounts incoming as we speak. :-)

Take Off and Schumacher USA are now both prepared to return the racing community to the state of plentiful supply and competitive quality we enjoyed for so many years.

That's good to hear Shawn. I personally like the RP/Take Off tires better
than the Jacos. They're built better and last longer! Cheers!
Old 08-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Shawn,

Thanks for the update...looking forward to getting back to TakeOff as the Sorex hasn't proved to be as high quality and the Jaco Blues didn't work well for me at all on our local tracks. Will stay tuned for more updates on availability!
Old 08-31-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by act2007
That's good to hear Shawn. I personally like the RP/Take Off tires better
than the Jacos. They're built better and last longer! Cheers!
Originally Posted by Catalyst
Shawn,

Thanks for the update...looking forward to getting back to TakeOff as the Sorex hasn't proved to be as high quality and the Jaco Blues didn't work well for me at all on our local tracks. Will stay tuned for more updates on availability!
In my case, i try RP 30 and 36 with M inserts in the concrete track.
Unfortunately a lot of people feel well with these tyres, instead of myself, my car was totally unable to drive without any grip on tyres.
Became better since i change with all new Sorex 32R, but after few minutes, it has lost totally its traction due the high temperature's provoked a overheat, so i concluded my next race just need bring Sorex 36R with FXII traction formula to back up.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Shawn,

what sorex tire were you running? If it was the speedmind pre mount then you didn't get a chance to see what the tire could do. The insert mounted in that tire is CRAP and over heats the tire in the heat. If you're at Marin or Ripon when I'm there maybe I can let you get a run or two with my tire's. The RP hands down was the best thing since sliced bread. It was very disappointing when Schumacher told us that it was no longer availible. When they announced that it was coming back that was good news until we actually raced with the tire. It was one run and done. Hopefully this new tire mixture puts RP back where it needs to be. It's going to be real hard to get racers to take a chance on the new RP's again after the last batch. Hopefully Schumacher sends test samples to the tracks again for the track to give to their hot shot locals to run just like they did with the Edge tire they were going to bring in to replace the RP. With how tight money has been lately racers aren't going to be too happy if they buy a bunch of tire's that don't live up to the great RP name. The RP 30 is well missed around here
Old 08-31-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
The RP 30 is well missed around here
Agreed!

Jaco Blue was great at IIC in Vegas though. Without the old RP30, the Jaco Blue is likely my carpet tire.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

STLNLST...you nailed it on the head...my experience with Sorex has been the SpeedMind premounts, and I don't blame the tire as much as the insert as you said. The rubber was fine after a few runs but air gaps and overheating were a big issue for me. Is Billy getting any closer to releasing some of his test combos to more of the masses or are those still undergoing SWR crew testing? I'm still pretty new to racing so I haven't done much in the way of mounting/balancing TC tires and would but need to catch up on what inserts are best for certain conditions etc...
Old 09-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

STLNLST...you nailed it on the head...my experience with Sorex has been the SpeedMind premounts, and I don't blame the tire as much as the insert as you said. The rubber was fine after a few runs but air gaps and overheating were a big issue for me. Is Billy getting any closer to releasing some of his test combos to more of the masses or are those still undergoing SWR crew testing? I'm still pretty new to racing so I haven't done much in the way of mounting/balancing TC tires and would but need to catch up on what inserts are best for certain conditions etc...

Due to the best insert being a hotbodies part....getting a steady supply to do spec tire's isn't likely to happen anytime soon. I could be wrong but I doubt it. Right now no matter what Sorex tire you run 28,32,36 Hara med inserts are the hot ticket. Do you plan on racing the Revo race in two weeks at Ripon? If so I might be able to hook you up with a decent set of tire's to try out.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

you're not the only one... the sorex premounts are hurting at BCR. most of the fast guys have their magic set ups with the Sorex 36Rs tires when it comes to inserts.

of course the "old" batch of RP30s were INSTANTLY dialed at BCR. lets hope they can bring back that magic (then most of the racers wont have to worry about testing different inserts.)
Old 09-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sorex 36 pretty much works with a lot of insert combos at BCR...

I've tried sorex with xenon blue and yokomo wheels, hara purple inserts with yokomo wheel, tamiya hard thin inserts on tamiya wheels, and yokomo super thin fiirm on yokomo wheels and they all work great....

RP30 seems to have reformulated more than just the compound? They are now going for $38 per set which is too much IMO
Old 09-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Tech Champion

$38 a set. I just hope they last and perform as well as they did before.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer

When will this happen? Will the Take off 22's still be available in
un-mounted?

I would like to know for this winter season.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Sorex 36 pretty much works with a lot of insert combos at BCR...

I've tried sorex with xenon blue and yokomo wheels, hara purple inserts with yokomo wheel, tamiya hard thin inserts on tamiya wheels, and yokomo super thin fiirm on yokomo wheels and they all work great....

RP30 seems to have reformulated more than just the compound? They are now going for $38 per set which is too much IMO
i like the sorex, xenon blue with tamiya wheels.. but im TOO LAZY to glue up new tires.. thats why RP30 premounts is so nice.

but at $38 a set.... im gonna get used to gluing up tires.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
i like the sorex, xenon blue with tamiya wheels.. but im TOO LAZY to glue up new tires.. thats why RP30 premounts is so nice.

but at $38 a set.... im gonna get used to gluing up tires.
out shop can support lower $38 set !
Old 09-03-2008, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

airborn:
We have RP30 inbound as we speak, RP36 and CS27 in stock now. RP30s should be here Mon or Tues.

We'll have Mini RP30 and 36 in the next order (Mini Cooper) and yes - we'll have CS22s in time for winter season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.