R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2008, 11:18 AM   #91
Tech Regular
 
Shawn Palmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Speed Passion USA Support HQ
Posts: 498
Default

In order:

No. Other brand never made it to the standards we demand for racing and distribution.


Very nearly. We have revised formulation and stepped up production quantities of TO premounts incoming as we speak. :-)

Take Off and Schumacher USA are now both prepared to return the racing community to the state of plentiful supply and competitive quality we enjoyed for so many years.
__________________
Shawn Palmer
Speed Passion USA Sales Manager
USAsupport <at> King-Golden <dot> com
www.SpeedPassion.net
www.SpeedPowerrc.com
Shawn Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:01 PM   #92
Tech Addict
 
act2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 701
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer View Post
In order:

No. Other brand never made it to the standards we demand for racing and distribution.


Very nearly. We have revised formulation and stepped up production quantities of TO premounts incoming as we speak. :-)

Take Off and Schumacher USA are now both prepared to return the racing community to the state of plentiful supply and competitive quality we enjoyed for so many years.

That's good to hear Shawn. I personally like the RP/Take Off tires better
than the Jacos. They're built better and last longer! Cheers!
act2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:13 PM   #93
Tech Regular
 
Catalyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 252
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Shawn,

Thanks for the update...looking forward to getting back to TakeOff as the Sorex hasn't proved to be as high quality and the Jaco Blues didn't work well for me at all on our local tracks. Will stay tuned for more updates on availability!
Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:31 PM   #94
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by act2007 View Post
That's good to hear Shawn. I personally like the RP/Take Off tires better
than the Jacos. They're built better and last longer! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
Shawn,

Thanks for the update...looking forward to getting back to TakeOff as the Sorex hasn't proved to be as high quality and the Jaco Blues didn't work well for me at all on our local tracks. Will stay tuned for more updates on availability!
In my case, i try RP 30 and 36 with M inserts in the concrete track.
Unfortunately a lot of people feel well with these tyres, instead of myself, my car was totally unable to drive without any grip on tyres.
Became better since i change with all new Sorex 32R, but after few minutes, it has lost totally its traction due the high temperature's provoked a overheat, so i concluded my next race just need bring Sorex 36R with FXII traction formula to back up.
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:45 PM   #95
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,993
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
Shawn,

Thanks for the update...looking forward to getting back to TakeOff as the Sorex hasn't proved to be as high quality and the Jaco Blues didn't work well for me at all on our local tracks. Will stay tuned for more updates on availability!
what sorex tire were you running? If it was the speedmind pre mount then you didn't get a chance to see what the tire could do. The insert mounted in that tire is CRAP and over heats the tire in the heat. If you're at Marin or Ripon when I'm there maybe I can let you get a run or two with my tire's. The RP hands down was the best thing since sliced bread. It was very disappointing when Schumacher told us that it was no longer availible. When they announced that it was coming back that was good news until we actually raced with the tire. It was one run and done. Hopefully this new tire mixture puts RP back where it needs to be. It's going to be real hard to get racers to take a chance on the new RP's again after the last batch. Hopefully Schumacher sends test samples to the tracks again for the track to give to their hot shot locals to run just like they did with the Edge tire they were going to bring in to replace the RP. With how tight money has been lately racers aren't going to be too happy if they buy a bunch of tire's that don't live up to the great RP name. The RP 30 is well missed around here
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:01 PM   #96
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,234
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
The RP 30 is well missed around here
Agreed!

Jaco Blue was great at IIC in Vegas though. Without the old RP30, the Jaco Blue is likely my carpet tire.
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #97
Tech Regular
 
Catalyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 252
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

STLNLST...you nailed it on the head...my experience with Sorex has been the SpeedMind premounts, and I don't blame the tire as much as the insert as you said. The rubber was fine after a few runs but air gaps and overheating were a big issue for me. Is Billy getting any closer to releasing some of his test combos to more of the masses or are those still undergoing SWR crew testing? I'm still pretty new to racing so I haven't done much in the way of mounting/balancing TC tires and would but need to catch up on what inserts are best for certain conditions etc...
Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #98
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,993
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
STLNLST...you nailed it on the head...my experience with Sorex has been the SpeedMind premounts, and I don't blame the tire as much as the insert as you said. The rubber was fine after a few runs but air gaps and overheating were a big issue for me. Is Billy getting any closer to releasing some of his test combos to more of the masses or are those still undergoing SWR crew testing? I'm still pretty new to racing so I haven't done much in the way of mounting/balancing TC tires and would but need to catch up on what inserts are best for certain conditions etc...

Due to the best insert being a hotbodies part....getting a steady supply to do spec tire's isn't likely to happen anytime soon. I could be wrong but I doubt it. Right now no matter what Sorex tire you run 28,32,36 Hara med inserts are the hot ticket. Do you plan on racing the Revo race in two weeks at Ripon? If so I might be able to hook you up with a decent set of tire's to try out.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:23 PM   #99
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
STLNLST...you nailed it on the head...my experience with Sorex has been the SpeedMind premounts, and I don't blame the tire as much as the insert as you said. The rubber was fine after a few runs but air gaps and overheating were a big issue for me. Is Billy getting any closer to releasing some of his test combos to more of the masses or are those still undergoing SWR crew testing? I'm still pretty new to racing so I haven't done much in the way of mounting/balancing TC tires and would but need to catch up on what inserts are best for certain conditions etc...
you're not the only one... the sorex premounts are hurting at BCR. most of the fast guys have their magic set ups with the Sorex 36Rs tires when it comes to inserts.

of course the "old" batch of RP30s were INSTANTLY dialed at BCR. lets hope they can bring back that magic (then most of the racers wont have to worry about testing different inserts.)
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:54 PM   #100
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Sorex 36 pretty much works with a lot of insert combos at BCR...

I've tried sorex with xenon blue and yokomo wheels, hara purple inserts with yokomo wheel, tamiya hard thin inserts on tamiya wheels, and yokomo super thin fiirm on yokomo wheels and they all work great....

RP30 seems to have reformulated more than just the compound? They are now going for $38 per set which is too much IMO
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:39 PM   #101
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,993
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

$38 a set. I just hope they last and perform as well as they did before.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:08 AM   #102
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ft Wayne
Posts: 118
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to airborn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer View Post
Take Off and Schumacher USA are now both prepared to return the racing community to the state of plentiful supply and competitive quality we enjoyed for so many years.

When will this happen? Will the Take off 22's still be available in
un-mounted?

I would like to know for this winter season.
airborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:19 AM   #103
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
Sorex 36 pretty much works with a lot of insert combos at BCR...

I've tried sorex with xenon blue and yokomo wheels, hara purple inserts with yokomo wheel, tamiya hard thin inserts on tamiya wheels, and yokomo super thin fiirm on yokomo wheels and they all work great....

RP30 seems to have reformulated more than just the compound? They are now going for $38 per set which is too much IMO
i like the sorex, xenon blue with tamiya wheels.. but im TOO LAZY to glue up new tires.. thats why RP30 premounts is so nice.

but at $38 a set.... im gonna get used to gluing up tires.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:34 AM   #104
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
i like the sorex, xenon blue with tamiya wheels.. but im TOO LAZY to glue up new tires.. thats why RP30 premounts is so nice.

but at $38 a set.... im gonna get used to gluing up tires.
out shop can support lower $38 set !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:56 AM   #105
Tech Regular
 
Shawn Palmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Speed Passion USA Support HQ
Posts: 498
Default

airborn:
We have RP30 inbound as we speak, RP36 and CS27 in stock now. RP30s should be here Mon or Tues.

We'll have Mini RP30 and 36 in the next order (Mini Cooper) and yes - we'll have CS22s in time for winter season.
__________________
Shawn Palmer
Speed Passion USA Sales Manager
USAsupport <at> King-Golden <dot> com
www.SpeedPassion.net
www.SpeedPowerrc.com
Shawn Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Production car racing davidbeau Colorado Racing 0 06-04-2008 01:32 AM
X - 6 Close To Production YoungChazz Electric Off-Road 2 05-22-2006 07:49 AM
Out of production proline tires, any place to get pics? Cain Electric Off-Road 0 07-20-2004 01:34 PM
X - 5 Conversion In Production YoungChazz Electric Off-Road 8 05-26-2004 02:08 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:47 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net