Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Take-Off and RP tires gone out of production??? >

Take-Off and RP tires gone out of production???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Take-Off and RP tires gone out of production???

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Get a MOUNTAIN BIKE too!
I do!!! ...here's my bikes:

http://www.bikejournal.com/profiles....uy236&public=1
Old 02-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Not that this would get answered, but who is take off making tires for that caused production to get all screwed up?
Old 02-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i accidently ran a friend's car on asphalt with Jaco rubber tires (he forgot to put on RP30s which is commonly run at our local track). hooked up nicely. But again, RP30s were just faster. its too bad we're losing the RP30s... hopefully the replacement will be just as good and just as affordable.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

I dropped that bomb on my fellow racers about a month ago and none of the believe me. I guess because the 'C' still has them in stock to this day. But is there any word on what the new spec tire is to be?
Old 02-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Any news on the replacement tires? Or should we guess and have fun with it?
Old 02-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

There is truth in the lack of chemicals to make plastics and rubbers right now. The prices of bodies are going up to the distributors right now and will be passed on shortly along with the rubber I'm sure.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

would bring back capped tires with improvements solve the "control
" tires?

I assume with foams using larger diameter rims, capped tires could take advantage of that improvement too. Then since capped tires take time to heat up, why not add a air-gap similar to rubber tires with molded insterts. The air-gap would mean the center section of the cap would have to be belted. The asslembly would applying glue to the insert edges and installing into tire. Then apply glue to the bottom of the tire and insert and slide onto the redesigned wheel. The new wheel would have lips on the edges but no in the middle. This should make for a lighter with consistant characteristics.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Short update:

TO is back in limited production of original formulation CS and RP series for their domestic market (Japan). They have been in good contact with me recently, and I've placed an order for CS27 and RP30. They are guaranteeing neither high volume supply, continuing supply nor delivery dates. Time will tell.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer
Short update:

TO is back in limited production of original formulation CS and RP series for their domestic market (Japan). They have been in good contact with me recently, and I've placed an order for CS27 and RP30. They are guaranteeing neither high volume supply, continuing supply nor delivery dates. Time will tell.
thats great!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 07:41 AM
Tech Initiate

maybe ist is a bit offtopic, but is TO the manufaturer of the VTEC tires?

jonas
Old 02-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer
Short update:

Why bother with TO if they wont commit to supply your needs?
How can tracks select CS or RP for their "Track Tire" for next indoor season if they cant depend on TO to supply them?
For rubber tire carpet (dont know asphalt racing.. sorry) to continue to grow there has to be a steady supply of a good long wearing premount tire.
The RP30 was the best carpet tire IMHO but if we cant depend on its availability its useless

So... what about the "replacement" tire you spoke of? Is it still going to be available late Feb as you posted?
Old 02-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Product with promise of steady supply is still scheduled for late Feb/Early March.

Why bother w/TO?
Because they are absolutely loved for their grip and wear characteristics, we have a longstanding relationship with TO that I'd like to continue to honor with them if this proves to be just a "rough patch", and also there has yet to be a tire available that even comes close to being as good. I'm dedicated to our customers to provide the best tire and best availability possible. With TO, it may not be both at once anymore, but some is better than burning a bridge and having none.

Tracks Selecting Control Tires?
Our series, club, and national event folks will all be sent samples of the new tire to decide if they'd like to adopt them over TO/anything else. As I've been clear about here before - without guarantee of supply we can't in good faith offer them anything at all - much less TO.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

I'm confused, if you represent Schumacher a UK company in the USA why are you not offering Sorex tyres which Schumacher UK are supplying as a control tyre for there own series, the BRCA National series and I believe the European championships.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Early March back in stock !
Old 02-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The last 3 sets of TakeOff 27's ( Pre-mount ) had A deep grove in the middle all the way around and holes in some of them. I buy 1 set A month, before that I did not see any imperfections in them. Has anybody seen this in there TakeOff tires ????? What happened to my tires and is that the way they are going to be from now on ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.