Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I plan on starting out with 2s LiPo and a 17.5 BL motor.

What gearing/rollout should I start with for a large asphalt track, or a smaller carpet track?

What pitch will the gears be? What are compatible pinion/spur gears?

The pictures on the web site show a mini for the steering servo. Is that the size I should be looking for?
Old 03-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Any idea when the 235 mm width optional kit will be available?
Old 03-23-2008, 11:03 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZipZap
I plan on starting out with 2s LiPo and a 17.5 BL motor.

What gearing/rollout should I start with for a large asphalt track, or a smaller carpet track?

What pitch will the gears be? What are compatible pinion/spur gears?

The pictures on the web site show a mini for the steering servo. Is that the size I should be looking for?
Well, for a good sized carpet track 17.5 rollout for 1/12th is often 85-90mm. I'd start out a little lower than that and temp the motor to make sure it's not getting too hot because of the extra voltage. I think all the cars are set up for the same servos as 1/12th scale cars.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

well I want one.. main selling point? LiPo drop in.. no rediculous chassis balancing
Might just throw on the L4 front end.. and the serpent GTP body and rock that for a while with a 10.5 = oober fast..

keep in mind kids, a 235 car with a stock motor + 6 cell = faster than mod sedan at nationals..
Old 03-31-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Rookie

If 1/10th pan become popular perhaps they will re-release some of these bodies

http://www.oneten.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6851

The HPI Toyota GT1 is a 300mm body - bought in error so it is now a "long tail" GT1

Jaguar XJR-9 - Associated
Jaguar XJR-14 - HPI
Peugeot - Protoform

Little Nissan - Protoform

Also got PSE (?) Porsche K-8 + another uknown - possibly Porsche body

I might even get around to painting them
Old 03-31-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Protoform Peugeot 905B Groupe C :

http://www.t-bang.ca/catalog/product...4f00f75f887000

They had 250 of them ... hurry up.

M.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MATTS
Protoform Peugeot 905B Groupe C :

http://www.t-bang.ca/catalog/product...4f00f75f887000

They had 250 of them ... hurry up.

M.
The body is 230mm, why would you run that wide?
Old 04-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Anyone have any news they can share? I've sent 2 emails now asking if there is an ETA on this kit. I placed an backorder last month 2-14 and havent had any response There site says nothing either, I really dont mind the wait as long as its within reason, and a "Should be out by date" would be nice!
Old 04-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I preordered mine in February. I have not heard anything yet.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cdtanner
I preordered mine in February. I have not heard anything yet.

I talked to them the other day...they said about 2 weeks.

Last edited by rugburn; 04-07-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Will any rep be at www.rcx.com to display this model?
Old 04-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by espresso1967
Will any rep be at www.rcx.com to display this model?
I am sorry, we will not be attending RCX this year.

Regarding the Gen-X 10, we are wrapping up the kit and it should be available within a couple weeks.

Here is a reply reposted from CRC forums;

Thank you for your interest in the new Gen-X 10. The car is shaping up very well and we are very busy trying to wrap up the car and get the initial release shipped. Unfortunately, some small issues and the basic complexity of the Gen-X 10 have caused us to fall a bit behind on our early release date.

The Gen-X 10 is much more than a basic 1:10th pan car. The Gen-X 10 has so many available configurations; 4 and 6 cell NiMh, 7.4 lipo, stick packs, side-by-side cells, 200 and 235 mm widths, servo mounts for multiple servo manufacturers… it really has a lot of flexibility.

Another item that has caused a slight delay is CRC’s new 1:10th Road Diff Hub. Most of the other manufacturers are using a 1:10 OVAL hub made from an OEM supplier as the diff hub on their Pro-10 Cars. This is a huge compromise. Why does CRC design a new hub for the Gen-X 10? In a word: balance. With today’s brushless motors, there is simply no way to balance the rear pod AND stay under the 200 mm rear width without a specific hub made for the 200 mm Pro-10 cars.

When compared to brushed motors, the new brushless motors must move to the right to center the motor’s weight in the car. When moving the motor to the right AND using an off-the-shelf oval hub, the car becomes too wide for the targeted 200 mm width specification. CRC keeps everything legal and balanced by ditching the OEM oval hub and manufacturing our own proprietary diff hub for these new Pro-10 cars. This allows CRC to move the brushless motor to the right AND still keep the car within the 200 mm width.

When retro fitting a brushed motor to CRC’s pod, it is quite easy to balance the pod using motor spacers to move the smaller brushed motor to the left. However, with the other cars on the market, the reverse is not true as it is almost impossible to balance the motor pod area on a car designed around the old oval hub specs. The only way to do it is to add lead weight in an effort to balance their poorly designed pod. It didn’t take too many staff meetings here at CRC to determine adding lead may not be the most effective way to balance the pod.

In addition to the pod being balanced, the Gen-X 10 chassis is also balanced. We believe that because the pod is articulated from the chassis, both components must be balanced. A balanced chassis and a balance pod, not just an overall balance but each component separately. With the Gen-X 10 chassis, the receiver and servo offset is to the right, with the brushless speedo to the left. For tiny receivers, the transponder can also be moved to the right. This results in a balance chassis portion of the race car.

Another great feature is the 235 mm wide conversion kit for the Gen-X 10. In Europe, Canada and some parts of the USA, these cars are run using the Pro-10 rules that allow a 235 mm width. Unlike some other Pro-10 manufactures who dictate to the racers which width they should run by making their car a 200 mm only, CRC allows the racer to make the choice by offering a 235 kit. And don’t let the other guys fool you, a 235 mm car will eat up and spit out a 200 mm car under almost any racing condition. Wider, lower, lighter; those 3 aspects produce performance most every time.

With the 235 mm kit, you can run front widths from 214 mm to 232 mm and rear widths from 220 – 235 mm. This adjustability fits the Protoform 905B, P35 and most nitro GTP bodies made for 1:10th 235 mm nitro racing.

So, in summary, while the Gen-X 10 is delayed a bit, the car is truly worth the wait. A plethora of goodies come on the car; CRC’s aluminum damper tubes, 2.5 mm pure carbon fiber chassis material, Pro diff with our exclusive diff hub, large-body threaded hard anodized center shock with adjustable height, red aluminum hardware, CRC 1:10th Pro-Strut Front end, its all good. I can tell you that we have seen many a cool car come through the shop here at CRC, but much like a hot blonde in a bikini, the prototype Gen-X 10 is attracting ALL the attention lately.

Frank Calandra
Old 04-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team CRC
I am sorry, we will not be attending RCX this year.

Regarding the Gen-X 10, we are wrapping up the kit and it should be available within a couple weeks.

Here is a reply reposted from CRC forums;

Thank you for your interest in the new Gen-X 10. The car is shaping up very well and we are very busy trying to wrap up the car and get the initial release shipped. Unfortunately, some small issues and the basic complexity of the Gen-X 10 have caused us to fall a bit behind on our early release date.

The Gen-X 10 is much more than a basic 1:10th pan car. The Gen-X 10 has so many available configurations; 4 and 6 cell NiMh, 7.4 lipo, stick packs, side-by-side cells, 200 and 235 mm widths, servo mounts for multiple servo manufacturers… it really has a lot of flexibility.

Another item that has caused a slight delay is CRC’s new 1:10th Road Diff Hub. Most of the other manufacturers are using a 1:10 OVAL hub made from an OEM supplier as the diff hub on their Pro-10 Cars. This is a huge compromise. Why does CRC design a new hub for the Gen-X 10? In a word: balance. With today’s brushless motors, there is simply no way to balance the rear pod AND stay under the 200 mm rear width without a specific hub made for the 200 mm Pro-10 cars.

When compared to brushed motors, the new brushless motors must move to the right to center the motor’s weight in the car. When moving the motor to the right AND using an off-the-shelf oval hub, the car becomes too wide for the targeted 200 mm width specification. CRC keeps everything legal and balanced by ditching the OEM oval hub and manufacturing our own proprietary diff hub for these new Pro-10 cars. This allows CRC to move the brushless motor to the right AND still keep the car within the 200 mm width.

When retro fitting a brushed motor to CRC’s pod, it is quite easy to balance the pod using motor spacers to move the smaller brushed motor to the left. However, with the other cars on the market, the reverse is not true as it is almost impossible to balance the motor pod area on a car designed around the old oval hub specs. The only way to do it is to add lead weight in an effort to balance their poorly designed pod. It didn’t take too many staff meetings here at CRC to determine adding lead may not be the most effective way to balance the pod.

In addition to the pod being balanced, the Gen-X 10 chassis is also balanced. We believe that because the pod is articulated from the chassis, both components must be balanced. A balanced chassis and a balance pod, not just an overall balance but each component separately. With the Gen-X 10 chassis, the receiver and servo offset is to the right, with the brushless speedo to the left. For tiny receivers, the transponder can also be moved to the right. This results in a balance chassis portion of the race car.

Another great feature is the 235 mm wide conversion kit for the Gen-X 10. In Europe, Canada and some parts of the USA, these cars are run using the Pro-10 rules that allow a 235 mm width. Unlike some other Pro-10 manufactures who dictate to the racers which width they should run by making their car a 200 mm only, CRC allows the racer to make the choice by offering a 235 kit. And don’t let the other guys fool you, a 235 mm car will eat up and spit out a 200 mm car under almost any racing condition. Wider, lower, lighter; those 3 aspects produce performance most every time.

With the 235 mm kit, you can run front widths from 214 mm to 232 mm and rear widths from 220 – 235 mm. This adjustability fits the Protoform 905B, P35 and most nitro GTP bodies made for 1:10th 235 mm nitro racing.

So, in summary, while the Gen-X 10 is delayed a bit, the car is truly worth the wait. A plethora of goodies come on the car; CRC’s aluminum damper tubes, 2.5 mm pure carbon fiber chassis material, Pro diff with our exclusive diff hub, large-body threaded hard anodized center shock with adjustable height, red aluminum hardware, CRC 1:10th Pro-Strut Front end, its all good. I can tell you that we have seen many a cool car come through the shop here at CRC, but much like a hot blonde in a bikini, the prototype Gen-X 10 is attracting ALL the attention lately.

Frank Calandra
Good stuff. It'll be worth the wait for those who will get the kits. CRCs value in their kits is really good. You get a lot for what you pay worth and well worth it.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Ok being new to the 1:10 on road can someone tell me how fast I can take one of these bad boys on the track against some nitro guys? What would be a good brushless/pinion for the CRC and am I better off with a lipo over nimh? Currently I only have a Traxxas E-Maxx and have only played in the dirt and now ready for my on road experience so excuse my limited knowledge of the onroad cars.

Thanks in advance
Old 04-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Just what I want to read! I'm glad so much was thought out and made specifically for BL motors and balance, not just another off the shelf components use for old tech. This is well worth the wait, Cant wait to start putting this together in a few weeks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.