Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 08:02 AM
jcr
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Timbulb
NO disadvantage. It would make more of a difference in your top speed if you had the small tires in the front. Your fellow racers need more adventure in their sad little lives.
ok thought so! If only my shipment of softer tires came in then I wouldn't have understeer as much, then I could really show them lol
Old 01-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't know how but my dogbones keep falling out on the left side... Any suggestions?
Old 01-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
do these help?? this is a M03 with stock C-Hubs, aluminum knuckles, heavy-duty servo saver and tamiya turnbuckles.

i can take some more if you like - the car doesn't have its battery in
Yeah thanks, I had haynes look at it, he said to cut the shock ends in half, I did that, then found ones the same size on the parts tree, lol. The car sits a lot lower now, but still has some travel and the links aren't getting caught. Ready for sunday I think
Old 01-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Yeah thanks, I had haynes look at it, he said to cut the shock ends in half, I did that, then found ones the same size on the parts tree, lol. The car sits a lot lower now, but still has some travel and the links aren't getting caught. Ready for sunday I think
you'll be surprised that it might look like they rub, but once its running you might not notice too much
Old 01-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cannon
Search the web for the Tobee Craft gear set. It allows a bigger pinion and lower gearbox ratio so the car can be quicker. Do not use the 3 Racing Speed Gear Set as it binds up too much
cant seem to find them in stock and now thinking the Xevo kit..any good?
dont want to buy off RCMart if I can help it as have been waiting about 3 weeks now for an order and still waiting and should take about 4x days to NZ....HOPELESS. Anyone else sell it?
Old 01-25-2010, 12:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by malcnz
cant seem to find them in stock and now thinking the Xevo kit..any good?
dont want to buy off RCMart if I can help it as have been waiting about 3 weeks now for an order and still waiting and should take about 4x days to NZ....HOPELESS. Anyone else sell it?
RCMart arnt that bad, IF you use the more expensive EMS Speedpost (approx a week to NZ). Otherwise wait 4weeks. There was also a big slowdown on mail caused by HK post being overloaded with XMAS mail: as noted on their site.
RCMart do at least give some sort of tracking info.
Ive been ordering quite a few bits & bobs from different companies, all HK deliveries seem to take the approx same time no matter who you get them through.
Parcels from UK are significantly quicker to arrive !!
You want slow, try EMS from china

You can also ring them them directly when you make the order to get it processed even faster, they were actually really helpfull on the phone.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

RC Mart is the only company I have ever had issues with and this shipment left similar time as some other orders from RC Mushroom...actually it left earlier by a couple of days...6th Jan and still waiting... and others got to me in about 4x days...they sent it by Swisspost and I never had any choices on freight as purchased via there ebay site and looking at the tracking it went to switzerland and now coming back to NZ I think..crazy as you can imagine how much snow there is over there right now and its probably buried under a snow drift..then again it does say its on its way..from the 13th so a long time in the air
also they lied to me about another order that I purchased off ebay at a similar time and told me it had left and then 3x days later tell me it is infact out of stock..I finally got a paypal refund and purchased elsewhere and you wonder why I dont like RC Mart

Last edited by malcnz; 01-25-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by malcnz
rant rant.... and you wonder why I dont like RC Mart
Oh dear, I hope this isnt an evil foreboding of things to come for me & RCMART
I did read that orders via ebay(dinball) have more issues than orders from website. I wondered why the F they use swisspost.
I only order off their website now & if stock is low I dont risk it (low stock probly = no stock )

Do you have any recommendations of suppliers that will actually ship to NZ (and not charge US$40 freight for 1 small RC part)

Good Xevo review here. Only downside I see is it wont fit a mini cooper body.
http://www.rc-mini.net/joomla/index....159&Itemid=160

http://www.rctech.net/forum/malaysia...rsion-kit.html
Old 01-25-2010, 01:40 AM
Tech Master

I hope not to...RC Mushroom arent perfect either as they mucked up my F109 order and left some stuff out...but I dont like being lied to and mucked around either and as you say why on earth did they use swisspost is beyond me to.oh well we live and learn
have read the reveiw on XEvo and want to run my swift and Abarth body so fitment is spot on...just dont want to buy off THEM if I can help it..maybe give them another chance
Old 01-25-2010, 01:43 AM
Tech Master

For shipping I found Stella really fast and also RCMushroom are good...any of the ebay ones use smaller 1x off freight charges so think Stella were o.k for cost and fast to...just depends on what you want as Stella dont have a big range.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:35 AM
jcr
Tech Regular

I'm finding the same issue with RC Mart lately.... using Hong Kong Post RC Mart was ok.... using Swiss Post, I'm still waiting....
Old 01-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Angry

I want THAT 1 (both in 1/10 scale and the real thing):

Old 01-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Thumbs up xevo conversion

I received the xevo converion last week (took 3 weeks to arrive) and here are my impressions:
1) good quality parts
2) comes with everything needed to complete the kit except (parts needed from m03,4,etc)
a) suspension arms, uprights, knuckles, c-hubs, shocks
b) adjustable camber links front and rear (2 sets of the rear adjustable links)
c) gear set
d) ball diff
e) bearings
3) much better gearbox and motor mount to keep motor cool and sound much quieter

issues:
The xevo uses camber rise to activate the shocks (on the original m03, m04, etc, the camber links are very short and the c-hub is pushed in when you compress the suspension-- this is the same on the xevo.) The problem with this is the huge toe-in increase and camber increase when you compress the front suspension. If you lengthen the link or take away the angle, the suspension doesn't work.

build suggestions:
1) don't use the rear fiberglass camber mount, instead mount the link end to the bulkhead (lets you use longer links for less camber gain)

design changes:
1) on my xevo, I made a traditional suspension setup by doing the following:
a) made a small front bulkhead out of delrin that I attached to the top plate
b) cut off the front arm shock mounts, drilled a hole in the bottom of the c-hub, put a long set screws through the c-hub and attached the shock to that
c) put camber links where the xevo has shocks
d) sanded the knuckles slightly to give back steering throw (the shocks interfere slightly with steering throw, so I used long shock mounts and put a dimple into the knuckle which gives back full throw)

things to do:
1) make a small u out of fiberglass to add a little more camber rise back into the front suspension
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-dsc_0276.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-dsc_0277.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-dsc_0279.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-dsc_0280.jpg  

Last edited by billjacobs; 01-26-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Great info as have my kit coming so hopefully will make more sense when I get it or may have to PM you if thats o.k?
Thanks.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:10 PM
jcr
Tech Regular

at my club we're running spec mini (box stock with not upgrades besides bearings), so everything comes down to tires and driving. I'm running the M03 (pretty much everyone is running M03), but trying to maximize so I'm thinking would using anti-wear grease in the gear diff help (make it more like a tight ball diff?) or should just stick with thin grease?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.