Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Initiate

The biggest issue I had (have) with my Mo-4 is getting the rear of the car to hook up so that it doesnt slide in the sweepers and so that it can put the power to the road out of the corners. In the rear of the car I have the 2 Deg. toe blocks the shocks have red springs and 30WT oil. In the front of the car the Shocks have blue springs and 80Wt oil, I also use the sway bar kit, but typically I only use a bar on the front end. As for tires I use the Tamiya slicks in the front I use a red HPI inserts (cut to fit) and at the rear I use the soft Tamiya foam strip. One of the biggest issues with the Mo-4 chassis is that its VERY unbalanced. Spend some time with the car on a tweak board and mount the electronics as far foreward as you can to balance the car. The ball diff helps the car alot but be sure to set it right so that it doesnt spin "open". Hope this helps.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Tony, what are the lap times compared to a M03?

Haven't timed it yet. But certainly last weekend when we first drove it, the lap times would easily have been around 1-2 seconds a lap quicker without any problem at all. And thats based on a 22 sec lap around our home track.

I'd imagine once we've got a solid base set-up it'll easily be 2 seconds quicker consistently. Not that it really matters, it's not like we can race the thing is it!
Old 09-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony gray
Tony, what are the lap times compared to a M03?

Haven't timed it yet. But certainly last weekend when we first drove it, the lap times would easily have been around 1-2 seconds a lap quicker without any problem at all. And thats based on a 22 sec lap around our home track.

I'd imagine once we've got a solid base set-up it'll easily be 2 seconds quicker consistently. Not that it really matters, it's not like we can race the thing is it!
Thanks for the reply.

One more question, is the '3Racing' ball diff for the M03 any good?

Charlie
Old 09-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

It's complete rubbish mate, don't waste your money...
Old 09-09-2007, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

How is the tire wear on the tech Racing car with no diff?
Old 09-09-2007, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Haven't driven it long enough to find out yet. But given that you can hear the thing seriously hopping when its goes around really fast corners I suspect the tyre wear might be interesting?

Its yet another thing that we've still gotta learn about this car. Which has so far proven to be a real fascinating ride.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Default HPI X PATTERNS - NOT DEAD AFTER ALL!

Seems we may have been a bit premature in announcing the demise of the HPI Mini X patterns... Check out this communique from HPI Australian distributor. (Props to Deano for doing all the leg work and asking the question)

So I'd assume that it'll be business as usual worldwide after November?

Last edited by tony gray; 08-18-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

that's the best RC news i've had in quite some time.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Lets just wait and see what the new price will be but ya, good news. Just need Pit to get their act together.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:17 AM
bmr
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Dos anyone here have experience with the 3Racing mini tires/wheels?
Old 09-11-2007, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Dont think you'll find too many people have.

Sadly that particular companies products in general aren't exactly what you'd call top notch.

You can get a whole heap of other wheels/tyres that are MUCH better..
Old 09-11-2007, 02:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hmmm

I am currently serving in the Army in Iraq, and I have had several M03's in the past. I was thinking about trying out the new Xpress mini just to try something different. I am worried about parts availability, becasue if something breaks I would have to order it from dinball, have it sent to my wife in the states, and then have her mail it to me. How durable are the Xpress cars in general, and would you recommend something else instead? I want something 4WD just because I will be running in a VERY dusty parking lot. I had the Yokomo mini last time I was over here, but I don't like the fact that it is only 4 cell. Any suggestions?

Anyone interested in painting me a body shell, and mailing it to me? I would normally do it myself, but we can't get paint over here. Something about it being flammable, and they don't want to put it in an airplane to ship it (sometimes the Air Force is a bunch of weenies). I would certainly be willing to pay for it.

Thanks,

SGT Matt Bailey
Old 09-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default body

Originally Posted by Matthew Bailey
I am currently serving in the Army in Iraq, and I have had several M03's in the past. I was thinking about trying out the new Xpress mini just to try something different. I am worried about parts availability, becasue if something breaks I would have to order it from dinball, have it sent to my wife in the states, and then have her mail it to me. How durable are the Xpress cars in general, and would you recommend something else instead? I want something 4WD just because I will be running in a VERY dusty parking lot. I had the Yokomo mini last time I was over here, but I don't like the fact that it is only 4 cell. Any suggestions?

Anyone interested in painting me a body shell, and mailing it to me? I would normally do it myself, but we can't get paint over here. Something about it being flammable, and they don't want to put it in an airplane to ship it (sometimes the Air Force is a bunch of weenies). I would certainly be willing to pay for it.

Thanks,

SGT Matt Bailey
YHPM
Old 09-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Man that is good news about the Belted X-Patterns! Well yah I guess we will have to wait and see?
Old 09-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

This is for any of the guys who race there minis at trackside....

Do any of you have a set of m grip tires that are new and would you like to sell me a set for this weekend ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.