Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was looking at the Citrix line but noticed that there are four of them and only one is listed as legal. Do the other Citrix ESC's have timing or turbo or something that makes them not qualify for the legal list? Or are they just not listed yet?
Old 09-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I was looking at the Citrix line but noticed that there are four of them and only one is listed as legal. Do the other Citrix ESC's have timing or turbo or something that makes them not qualify for the legal list? Or are they just not listed yet?
i believe they are upgradable..I know the crawler version i have is able to be connected to a PC instead of just the simple programming box

and there are versions that DO have turbo/boost the club spec is the one you want - its the version that's on the ROAR sportsman speedo list
Old 09-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Ah. OK. I wish tekin would make one that was specific for VTA that was about the size of the FX. That would be spot on.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
**TROPHY UPDATE**

well it keeps getting better and better the closer we get. I have news that we will be extending the VTA class trophy count to the top 10 in the A-main.

So VTA will be 1st-10th in the Amain....thanks to the great sponsors and donations that make this possible...

also I was asked why this event is so big right now...well here are some of the rundown....

First let me say that you have my promise you don't want to miss it. I've gone through all the hoops and fire to make this event as big as possible. For me to do this is straight cause I love my hobby and VTA...period...but you also get

Free pizza from Dominos

Free sodas form Nashrcracer

Sleep Inn rooms with breakfast and double queen bed for $49 a nite and only 5-8 minutes from track.

A lot of top VTA USGT and TC talent that normally would not get a chance to race each other cause of the distance. But at this race you will see the best form the North,South,East, and some West, go head to head for the right to be called NATIONAL CHAMPION!!!

More prizes and trophies than the law should allow, from Novak,Boca,HPI,KRC,Hobby Lobby,Car Quest,RTS,Rockstar Paints and more

A chance to be part of one of the largest onroad races of the year.

New layout, that will give no one the home track advantage

Only 3 classes, which allows for more ppl in each class for more prestige wins and placement.

Gives the locals who have never been to a big event a chance to do so, as well as out of town guys whom have never as well

Photo and video of the event

Cool event shirts, that are only $20

Entry thats ONLY $30 for first class, and only $15 for second

And most of all....FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And many many more....so dont miss out...Im doing everything possible to make sure you all enjoy this event and come back for more next year, Ill be working on that soon..lol..no I really am....

cya soon, and thanks for the support
And it keeps getting better. Both my club and a great hobby shop are donating towards the effort. Myron...you got an e-mail !!!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Default MORE SPONSORS!!!!

Hey USVTA racers.....I am very happy to pass this along to you guys

Thanks to "Dino" and the Brevard Electric Auto Racers out of Florida for donating TWO!! $50 gift certificates. 1 to be awarded to the Winner of the VTA class, the other to be awarded to the VTA Concours winner.

and also to Phil's Hobby Shop in Ft Wayne, they are matching Dino with another $50 for USGT winner and $50 for USGT concourse winner!!!

now thats some real good support...

Thanks for the donation and support. and make sure you support these hobby stores....thanks again

http://www.philshobbyshop.com/catalog/

http://www.bear-rc.com/

PS....and more coming.....
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-andrettilogo.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-41370_100000408705042_6136_n.jpg  
Old 09-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Default 2011 USVTA SOUTHERN NATIONALS IN MUSIC CITY,USA

UDATED LIST,SPONSORS, AND MORE...GOTO...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...-city-usa.html

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=329257

AND GET READY FOR THE CROWNING OF THE 1ST SOUTHERN NATIONAL CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 09-05-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

How was your VTA races this past weekend??

Here at the host track for the Southern Nationals....

We had a very good turn out from our VTA and GT class as well as TC....

Melvin Lee came up from ATL and Tq'd VTA, and in the main finished 1st with Donald in 2nd, and David Owens in 3rd...all on 31 lappers

Battman Tq'd GT, and Donald won, Eddie in 2nd and Rick pulling in 3rd...all on 24 lappers

looking forward to next Sunday to get back in the top 3 for both classes...its also the last race before the Nats...cya there
Old 09-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

At Mikes Hobbies we had our largest VTA turnout to date with 12 entries. We ve got about 20-30 guys running VTA now, but we cant seem to all be at the track at the same time. With cooler weather coming, Im sure we will see attendance records come and go almost weekly. We have a 2 week break because of a big offroad shindig at the track soon.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

You folks at Mike's are making us all jealous and yet very proud of the effort. I look forward to hearing about your growth and watching those great videos every time one is posted. Great job !!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

TC5 racers....

What Belt tension are your running on the both the front and back?
Old 09-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Evoracer
You folks at Mike's are making us all jealous and yet very proud of the effort. I look forward to hearing about your growth and watching those great videos every time one is posted. Great job !!
+1

on the TC5, I run box stock rubber setup....
Old 09-06-2011, 02:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by texastc
At Mikes Hobbies we had our largest VTA turnout to date with 12 entries. We ve got about 20-30 guys running VTA now, but we cant seem to all be at the track at the same time. With cooler weather coming, Im sure we will see attendance records come and go almost weekly. We have a 2 week break because of a big offroad shindig at the track soon.

we are racing this thursday.. see ya there
Old 09-06-2011, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RokleM
To clarify (since I realized I wasn't specific), they're sending a sensor board. The tech was almost positive that was the issue.
My spare from Amain arrived and that was definitely the problem. Ran it on the closest tennis court without any issues. I'm still waiting on the replacement from Novak, but not surprised since I knew it would take a while to get here.

New (used) TC5, fresh body (I stink at painting). We had our first hard rain in a while, so I'll have to see when the local track dries out to get it on the pavement for the first time. The 40c 5000 Gens Ace lipo should last about a full day of racing with this 25.5

Old 09-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

looks good...BIG FISH....
Old 09-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Has anyone tried a Novak Edge? If so please post your results. I'm looking at the SP Cirtix, the HW Justock and the Novak Edge to update some of my cars. So far the the Cirtix/Justock seem to be the way to go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.