Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release) >

2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott B
Maybe run the all the stock entry's together.. Master's, Juniors, reg. stock guys in quailifing. But for the mains sort all the Master's, Juniors, reg. stock into ther own Main events.

Just a thought.
i agree, just put everyone over 40 in heats 4 and 5
Old 01-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
i agree, just put everyone over 40 in heats 4 and 5
Exactly...

and, those folks get a chance at TWO awards... the trophy for their heat finish and the trophy for their Masters finish.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

so the best you could qualify would be in the D main ??? I guess I still dont see how it helps the race program lol Its the same people, racng each other in the same race, but you just dont give it the distinction of being called a masters class....
Old 01-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mdoc
whats gained by running them together tho, its still the same amount of cars racing, so the number of heats would be the same, I dont see any gain....
Well if you had,
35 entry's in stock, that = 4 heats
25 entry's in Master's, that = 3 heats

7 heats total...

If they were combined for a total of 60 "Stock" entry's that only 6 heats, so yes it could save on the # of heats..

""Exactly...

and, those folks get a chance at TWO awards... the trophy for their heat finish and the trophy for their Masters finish.""

What "TWO awards"

There would be ONE TQ trophy for stock total. (from quailifing for combined classes)

One Main trophy for the reg. stock guys.
And one Main trophy for the Masters
Old 01-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Well if you had,

7 heats total...

If they were combined for a total of 60 "Stock" entry's that only 6 heats, so yes it could save on the # of heats..

""Exactly...

and, those folks get a chance at TWO awards... the trophy for their heat finish and the trophy for their Masters finish.""

What "TWO awards"

There would be ONE TQ trophy for stock total. (from quailifing for combined classes)

so if there is 25 masters, your gonna run 12 cars per main ?? or are you gonna let the two fastest qualifiers move up, and not race the other masters, guaranteeing them first and second place......
Old 01-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

The enjoyment is running together..Lets like said earlier..Run all classes together and seprate after the mains are over if thats the case...LOL.. Nobody will get the right recognition.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Well if you had,

7 heats total...

""Exactly...

What "TWO awards"

Just a I was about to post in attempt to help define this potential arrangement you have not only beat me to it, but done a nice clear job.

This seems like a reasonable plan. However, for those of you who may still be on the fence so to speak I've got something else for ya.

Lets say there is a seperate "Masters Class"; However (in an effort to save time) ROAR required that classes must have a certain number of racers (e.g. 29) before the main would go to a AAA format.

Would this be agreeable?
Old 01-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Thats fine..25 or more we run solo ,less we run combined but top 10 still get Masters awards.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

I think they will get it right, I just dont think they thought it all the way thru, mixing them all together basicly would make the highest qualifier of the masters, automaticly win the trophy lol
Old 01-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

Somebody start a Roar Masters On Road thread about who will run..Lets see what intrest we can dig up in next few weeks.. We can run a count.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

either way, we are going to race and have fun, we need to work together and make this one of the best nats ever.....
Old 01-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

I just told Quinton I wasn't going to respond anymore here because I think my views have stirred up the hornets nest, yet again.

Yes, I feel as though AAA mains on a single heat class is a bad use of time.

Yes, I feel using an entire class structure for 10 guys that typically show up... after 40 or so complain about a change in Masters and 30 say they will show up... is a bad use of time.

So, I feel if you sign up for SuperStock Touring Car... (just a name.... relax...!!!) and you also click that you are over 40 and want to be entered into the Master's program you have now signed up for two events for the price of one. Of course, your age will be verified.

So, you now are placed in the same heats for qualifying with the others who checked entry to the Master program in the SuperStock TC class.

You race your qualifiers and you go through the resort. If your resort puts you in a heat with some of the faster guys.. well, then your story about having diminished skills is kind of out the window now, huh?

So, you make the B main. You race the B main. You finish 3rd in the B main.

And...... you also finished 1st in the Masters event because you were the highest finisher of those who entered Masters.

There. Two awards.

Isn't this about racing against the best and determining your own skills as a racer? Isn't that what this should be and will promote? Not... making a class so guys can make the A main at a ROAR nationals. Lets give it the credibility is should have and have you race against the best and give you something extra for entering Masters.

Seriously, I'm not trying to be a smart A$$ here... Quinton thinks maybe I haven't explained it well enough which is typical for me... I think it but don't always type what I think.

THIS IS JUST AN IDEA I WILL BE PRESENTING TO THE EXCOM DURING OUR MEETING. IT IS NOT SET IN STONE AND NOTHING HAS BEEN CHANGED.... THIS IS JUST IDEA GENERATION.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mdoc
either way, we are going to race and have fun, we need to work together and make this one of the best nats ever.....
And It will be!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

that works out ok, unless you think the masters should race for the trophy, instead of only qualifying for it....

like I said earlier, Im running no matter what, and having fun...
Old 01-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I think one of the impacts to car count at the nationals is the abundance of major racing events today. In the past the ROAR Nationals was the premier event to attend. Now there are many races to attend. Teams and Individuals make different choices today.

How would everyone feel about the following Masters Revision. (Masters is a General ROAR Rule and may apply to more than just Electric On-Road)

Following the "B-Finals", and prior to the "A-Finals" a Masters Final may be run. Drivers will qualify for that race according to their class result achieved during qualification, the top 10/12 will have the right to compete in this "Masters A-Final" except those who qualified for the "A or B - Final". The Final will not be a Triple A Main event.

This is a variation of an IFMAR rule for IFMAR On-Road Fuel events, which all Member Organizations have adopted.

Last edited by JDCrow; 01-04-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.