Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release) >

2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Agreed and/or offer a Grand Masters for over 55. That should keep Barry Baker away from me for the near term...

LMAO!!!!!!

Oh SURE just let me turn 40 and now you wanna change it!!!! LOL

On the other hand now that I have turned 40 it seems like the Masters age is a bit low. I may be bring'n a knife to a gun fight but I at least want the chance at Barry and all the fast fellas!!

Brant
Old 12-31-2007, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So whats the surface like? What do most locals run tire wise?
Old 12-31-2007, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=Dawn Sanchez;4015402]gotta be at least 40 on the first day of racing..... if this were fuel, those guys gotta be at least 45....

Masters - well, that's always a touchy subject. Basically, we have been fighting the participation of this class for years with hardly ever more than a main full. When the rules state only 6 classes can be offered at an event .. it makes it hard to include the newer classes of brushless, etc, etc... when Masters/Juniors is one of the classes. ALTHOUGH.. before you 40 and over guys FREAK OUT... we are working on increasing the number of classes to be offered. We MUST make sure the event isn't harmed in any way nor participation or the host track. They are in this for the hobby and for fun but seriously, they need to show some kind of profit as well. We all understand business, right?

QUOTE]

As an AARP and a ROAR member, my vote is to drop Masters and just add more classes. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but Masters tends to be a 'hack fest'. I personally haven't run Masters in a couple of years, always preferring to just run the normal stock class. Having more people in a class allows the re-shuffling to put people around the same speed together
Old 01-01-2008, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

[QUOTE=barrys;4023906]
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
gotta be at least 40 on the first day of racing..... if this were fuel, those guys gotta be at least 45....

Masters - well, that's always a touchy subject. Basically, we have been fighting the participation of this class for years with hardly ever more than a main full. When the rules state only 6 classes can be offered at an event .. it makes it hard to include the newer classes of brushless, etc, etc... when Masters/Juniors is one of the classes. ALTHOUGH.. before you 40 and over guys FREAK OUT... we are working on increasing the number of classes to be offered. We MUST make sure the event isn't harmed in any way nor participation or the host track. They are in this for the hobby and for fun but seriously, they need to show some kind of profit as well. We all understand business, right?

QUOTE]

As an AARP and a ROAR member, my vote is to drop Masters and just add more classes. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but Masters tends to be a 'hack fest'. I personally haven't run Masters in a couple of years, always preferring to just run the normal stock class. Having more people in a class allows the re-shuffling to put people around the same speed together
I too just turned forty, and have been racing ROAR events for 25 years, and would finally like the chance to compete in Masters class. To each his own!
Old 01-01-2008, 05:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Yea I suspect masters will be reborn this season..I know of 3 that paln on attending that havent in past, Plus Tim thats 4 more already...
Old 01-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Tires

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
So whats the surface like? What do most locals run tire wise?
New asphalt, very smooth, high traction.

I run RP 36s & 40s, but the majority of racers have been running CS 27s & 32s.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by barrys
I attended both Carpet and Asphalt Masters events in 2006 and would hardly
refer to them as 'hack fests'. Masters and 1/12th scalers are a respectful creed unto themselves. Both Masters events in California had at least A and B main run groups.

But, what will get me to come to the Asphalt Nats is a brushless 13.5 class. That would be excellent!

By the way, I gave up on AARP ten years ago...Just advertising with no substance!

Bill
Old 01-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
I attended both Carpet and Asphalt Masters events in 2006 and would hardly
refer to them as 'hack fests'. Masters and 1/12th scalers are a respectful creed unto themselves. Both Masters events in California had at least A and B main run groups.

But, what will get me to come to the Asphalt Nats is a brushless 13.5 class. That would be excellent!

By the way, I gave up on AARP ten years ago...Just advertising with no substance!

Bill
Stay tuned Bill.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Talking Masters Class

I am in for the masters class. For the people that think it is going to be a hack fest maybe you should stay in stock class or mod class. That way you know you have a class.

The Judge
I approved this message!!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DustinR
Maybe I am just sttpid but I cant find the required classes anywhere. Yes I look at the ROAR rules. Can someone clue me in as to the classes that are a shoe in.

Thanks
http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...guidelines.pdf

start on page 21
Old 01-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

My vote is for a bl13.5 class open to anyone. Rchobbies is my home track and we have a blast running that class because with the 13.5bl it really evens up the field in the motor department, and really leaves it up to the driving skills of each guy or girl to prove themself, and not to the guy who can afford to cut the com and install new brushess after every run. Just my 2 cents, I will be there regardless but i will be running a BL motor.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am like Q dog I think they will go with the 17.5 because the 13.5 is way faster then a stock motor
Old 01-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

I am 42 and would love to participate in a Master's class of racing as well.

So, I encourage all club, state, regional and super regional level of racing to offer this as a class but at a Nationals, I truly feel we can promote the Master's racing in a much better way while not adding too many classes to provide the technology racing people want now.

At some point, somebody just now turning the required age is going to realize the time they get there, the rules change. I am sorry.. but we MUST think of a new way of handling Masters and Juniors.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I think the best move for Masters/Under 16/Privateer/etc is to just recognize them as the highest finisher in the respective Class.

Make One Class and Award Champions for each.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JDCrow
I think the best move for Masters/Under 16/Privateer/etc is to just recognize them as the highest finisher in the respective Class.

Make One Class and Award Champions for each.
I agree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.