Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

GM Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 04:45 AM
Tech Adept

@chinaman,
have you tried martin's 13.5 setup file?
post#993 of this thread.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tomracing
@chinaman,
have you tried martin's 13.5 setup file?
post#993 of this thread.
I have a copy of that setup. But it is for version 7.2 and I have the 7.0 version. Have not actually try it out to see if it works. But have contacted GM Germany and they will upgrade my firmware to 7.2 if I send it in.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

use factory set mode 8, or the program I uploaded.

You are aiming for a gearing between 5.0 and 5.8 ish indoors
Old 02-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Martin, can you please give few comments about my post #1259
Old 02-18-2010, 01:54 AM
Tech Master

I know most of you use the setting guide by demon racing but there are MAJOR!! mistakes in that I want to correct right now:

Set the Minimale Timingzeit to no lower than 6 and no highr than 12. (Higher will apply timing too slowly and below 6 may cause malfunction. 8 to 10 is safe range)

wrong, 8 is what I use to make sure it doesn't kick in. What minimal timingzeit does is limit the rpm by reducing timing at certain points.
This can provide a much cooler running if you set it to like 25 for 13.5T u use regular timing till a certain rpm and at the end of the straightaway where the motor overrevs and gets hot timing gets reduced and the motor keeps cooler and also more consistant throughout the run.

Set the Misc reserved to 200 for maximum advanced timin and maximum brakes.

wrong, set it to 17 for modified, 81 or 89 for stockracing (or 17 if you use a powercurve)

Set reserved 3 to 100. Setting lower will give more power but may damage speed control.

wrong, reserved 3 is functionless. any effect is imagination and thus there's no point in changing that value

Set the switching point RPM to suit the motor and size of track. 15000 for 13.5T and 16500 for 10.5T

To find out which switchpoint is best for your motor, unplug the sensorwire, do full throttle, turn off the speedo, read out data and see what rpm the speedo shows.
switchpoint should be half of that.

softstart...

we tested a lot and 50 works best

Pull full brake: : beep (program2)
Push full throttle: : beep
Brake: : beep
Throttle: : beep
Throttle: : beeps
Brake: : beep (program 8)

return lever to neutral

Wait 5 seconds
Turn off speedo (unplug)
Turn speedo back on.

don't return lever to neutral but hold the last position to make sure transmitter values get saved properly
wait untill speedo beeps
you don't have to turn the speedo off but you can

Check:
High revs at full throttle. This will be a speed jump at full stick travel. You may have to adjust the high point on some transmitters to 110 to make sure the full throttle speed change works all the time)

never turn up the highpoint to anything higher than 100

full throttle timing kicks in early enough. There is no need to turn up EPA unless you messed up the programming but for stock racing

I don't recomment Res2 = 16 anyway

as for the 10.5 motors, 97305 is available
Old 02-18-2010, 05:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
I know most of you use the setting guide by demon racing but there are MAJOR!! mistakes in that I want to correct right now:

Set the Minimale Timingzeit to no lower than 6 and no highr than 12. (Higher will apply timing too slowly and below 6 may cause malfunction. 8 to 10 is safe range)

wrong, 8 is what I use to make sure it doesn't kick in. What minimal timingzeit does is limit the rpm by reducing timing at certain points.
This can provide a much cooler running if you set it to like 25 for 13.5T u use regular timing till a certain rpm and at the end of the straightaway where the motor overrevs and gets hot timing gets reduced and the motor keeps cooler and also more consistant throughout the run.

Set the Misc reserved to 200 for maximum advanced timin and maximum brakes.

wrong, set it to 17 for modified, 81 or 89 for stockracing (or 17 if you use a powercurve)

Set reserved 3 to 100. Setting lower will give more power but may damage speed control.

wrong, reserved 3 is functionless. any effect is imagination and thus there's no point in changing that value

Set the switching point RPM to suit the motor and size of track. 15000 for 13.5T and 16500 for 10.5T

To find out which switchpoint is best for your motor, unplug the sensorwire, do full throttle, turn off the speedo, read out data and see what rpm the speedo shows.
switchpoint should be half of that.

softstart...

we tested a lot and 50 works best

Pull full brake: : beep (program2)
Push full throttle: : beep
Throttle: : beep
Throttle: : beeps
Brake: : beep (program 8)

return lever to neutral

Wait 5 seconds
Turn off speedo (unplug)
Turn speedo back on.

don't return lever to neutral but hold the last position to make sure transmitter values get saved properly
wait untill speedo beeps
you don't have to turn the speedo off but you can

Check:
High revs at full throttle. This will be a speed jump at full stick travel. You may have to adjust the high point on some transmitters to 110 to make sure the full throttle speed change works all the time)

never turn up the highpoint to anything higher than 100

full throttle timing kicks in early enough. There is no need to turn up EPA unless you messed up the programming but for stock racing

I don't recomment Res2 = 16 anyway

as for the 10.5 motors, 97305 is available
Great, Thanks a lot, Martin!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks a lot!!!
that realy clears much!

One more question:
Your program, several pages ago, for 13.5 LiPo.
Should i set mode 2 by transmitter and then modify it with PC, or i can set mode 3 or 8 by transmitter and then copy to mode 2 by PC?

Last edited by Tilky; 02-18-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

With firmware 7x there are no base values so u can upload it to any profile on the speedo.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Martin

A few questions to help me get started..

In new Genius 120 there are a lot of features. Particularly the new timing options.

If I use a power program these are fixed timing programs? If so, which variables are deactivated (1+2, switchpoint?), and which remain active (max timing, fixed timing)?

The function 'variables abhängiges Timing'...very interesting! does this mean that the timing is controlled by stick position only? Which settings are deactivated?

At the moment I cannot get the telemetry to work, I'm getting false values for motor temp and battery voltage.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Addict

I think for the telemetry you must press the set button once so the speed controller saves the values and then read out the controller to the computer.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Indeed, yes. I use this button also to switch on/off by selecting 5 on the software. You can then remove the switch and join the wires together. One less item to install/worry about, and the data is always saved, at least this works with my FW7.2.

When you've finished the race hold full brake for 16 seconds and it will switch your car off remotely..which is very cool.

I'm getting the rev/speed/current data as usual on the FW10.2 but zero for motor temp and 0.63-0.71v on battery voltage.

I'm wondering if its a matter of calibration because there are sliders for this as well..?
Old 02-28-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default New 1.6 software

Hi Martin

Im new to GM and have been running a new version 2, 90 speedo with software 1.6, Firmware 10 today.

Can i ask please,

In general is mode 8 (high additional timing) a fast, safe and good starting point for 13.5?

I see that this mode allows up to 60 degrees of total timing!! I assume its not wise to have any additional timing set on the motor!?

Also in the software is the total timing set via the 'max timing' slider and/or the drop down menu - 'timing with sensors'

minimal timingzeit is set to 8 automatically in mode 8. Is this incorrect and should be nearer 25?

and finally, can you explain the Turbo setting to me as im unsure if this is similar to max timing, or an inital full throttle boost?

Sorry for all the questions!! Thanks T
Old 02-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

I have been running my car today with the new speed controller and 13.5 i was running an old x11 lrp 13.5 motor and had good speed all day. I was using firmware version 11 which is available on the gm website. there is also a stock profile bundled in with the download for the new firmware and i was using this setting and thaught it was good. It lacked a bit of bottom end grunt but i think this was due to the motor. I was geared at 6.1 on a small/medium carpet track. http://www.gm-racing.de/rwdownload/?url=&dlid=138
Old 02-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by John_S
I have been running my car today with the new speed controller and 13.5 i was running an old x11 lrp 13.5 motor and had good speed all day. I was using firmware version 11 which is available on the gm website. there is also a stock profile bundled in with the download for the new firmware and i was using this setting and thaught it was good. It lacked a bit of bottom end grunt but i think this was due to the motor. I was geared at 6.1 on a small/medium carpet track. http://www.gm-
racing.de/rwdownload/?url=&dlid=138

Hi John i just did all of the above thanks!
One question, the car does sound a lot better now, but seems to stutter at full throttle/when timing advance happens (on my workbench)
What is your car like and is it ok underload on the track?

Perhaps some one can explain the 'variable dependence timing' is it related to this?

Cheers
T
Old 02-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Toblerone
Hi John i just did all of the above thanks!
One question, the car does sound a lot better now, but seems to stutter at full throttle/when timing advance happens (on my workbench)
What is your car like and is it ok underload on the track?

Perhaps some one can explain the 'variable dependence timing' is it related to this?

Cheers
T
Mine does this too, its normal, its to stop you blowing up the magnets at high revs on the bench, it'll be fine under race conditions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.