Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi J,

well it's that time of the year again for me in New Zealand. We are building up to our big races over our summer including the nationals. I will be going for 4 x 12th scale national titles in a row. But it is getting harder each year with some good new drivers getting into 12th scale........

So, with the changes you are making to the car will they suit the very low grip ashphalt conditions (no sauce allowed) we have here in NZ or do you think the current setup would be better. That is assuming the rear pod is changed no matter what.

Also, you have said the new shock shaft dia is 2mm, what is the current shaft dia. ( sorry I am at work so I can't look for my self)

I will be looking at getting a bunch of things in the next month or so and I need to narrow down what I need to get.

Cheers
Darren
Old 11-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Darren
Jason just helped me find your rings on his web site!
I was looking at an old link DOH!!

Fred
Old 11-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B-FAST R/C
Hey Darren
Jason just helped me find your rings on his web site!
I was looking at an old link DOH!!

Fred

Cool, thanks Fred.
Darren
Old 11-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chris moore
So how's that frontend working for you gadgt?
Beautifully! I took 2nd in this last race on a technical track with a car that was better set up for a sweeping track. Now that the car is planted very well in all 4 corners I can start increasing the physical throw on the steering. That was holding me back in this last race...in the very slow corners the car physically didn't have enough steering throw and wasn't a grip issue at all. During the race I made a caster change to help and it was such a breeze to do. So far cutting the lip off the bottom of the arm so I can still use the BMI ride height spacers has worked out well.

For those not sure what we are talking about...this is the CRC Pro-Strut front suspension that Darnold has been running and I just started running.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Champion

Oh I almost forgot to ask...

One of my guys was asking if you were going to do a run of the new parts in blue so the guys with the SE car can upgrade to matching parts. Any plans for that?
Old 11-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

sweet pics jay i really like that shock as well cant wait.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Wow!!! the car looks hot!!! Jason nice job bro,

Originally Posted by protc3
Hey Guys,

Here is a few pics of our updated parts on a car that is all wired up for brushless so you can see how neat the wiring can be with the new layout. Also enclosed is a pic of the new silva bladder shock that we are now carrying.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hello There fatbear,

The current shock shaft dia on the IRS shock is I think 1.50mm,

Hope this helps
Mike

Originally Posted by fatbear
Hi J,

well it's that time of the year again for me in New Zealand. We are building up to our big races over our summer including the nationals. I will be going for 4 x 12th scale national titles in a row. But it is getting harder each year with some good new drivers getting into 12th scale........

So, with the changes you are making to the car will they suit the very low grip ashphalt conditions (no sauce allowed) we have here in NZ or do you think the current setup would be better. That is assuming the rear pod is changed no matter what.

Also, you have said the new shock shaft dia is 2mm, what is the current shaft dia. ( sorry I am at work so I can't look for my self)

I will be looking at getting a bunch of things in the next month or so and I need to narrow down what I need to get.

Cheers
Darren
Old 11-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Cleanest wiring I've seen on a 1/12 scale brushless. Car looks SWEET!
Old 11-12-2008, 06:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fatbear
Hi J,

Cheers
Darren
Hey Darren,

The new car is very adjustable for low bite conditions all the way to super high bite conditions.

The IRS shaft diameter seems to be 1.5mm
Old 11-12-2008, 06:54 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Oh I almost forgot to ask...

One of my guys was asking if you were going to do a run of the new parts in blue so the guys with the SE car can upgrade to matching parts. Any plans for that?
I have not planned on it. If enough guys would like to do it i can get it into 1 lot charge at the anodizer.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Lord

Thanks guys for the compliments on the car and brushless wiring. I spent alot of time doing it and was glad it came out good.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

dont want to go off topic but i noticed the new car has the Speed Passion Low-Pro ESC. if i am only running 1/12th scale which ESC should i buy that BMI offers?

also, what will be a stock class motor in 2009. i will be driving at 360 and dont know if i should get a 17.5 (dont see them on the BMI site)?

thanks
jason
Old 11-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Lord

I like the LPF speedo for 1/12th. We do have a 17.5 speedpashion motor. I need to get it on the website. I believe 17.5 is the new stock class.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Jason, are you trying to take my 'shine' or what brah?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.