Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Violence at the track. What consequences? >

Violence at the track. What consequences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Violence at the track. What consequences?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

"Scuba" Steve

Thank you for giving me hope after reading trjracing's posts I almost gave up...
Old 04-18-2007, 04:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well after reading a bunch of this , I guess I can say I am glad I have the group of guys that are extremely well behaved! Never had any kind of troubles !
Smoking or non-smoking ???? I can see this at an indoor track ,but not outdoor offroad nitro ? Kind of pointless but I know ...rules are rules . I personally don't smoke but I have many guys that do and they take care not to litter or smoke in the presence of others. I also have youngsters at the track now and again and when they are there the guys totally change their ways just for the youngsters !! I SO ENJOY THIS ! It makes their visit and expeirience totally enjoyable for them and they want to come back again and again.
But when the young folk are not there, then the guys are guys LOL and it's fun and competitive in our own way.
What is nice for me is I have a pond on sight and if someone wants to camp out they can ,even with rv's . Like I said before the atmosphere is very easy and enjoyable .
Old 04-18-2007, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gotpez
Sorry, I've got to disagree with this. Violence can ALWAYS be avoided.

I've been in this hobby for over 17 years. I've had some VERY bad days, and I've had some very bad interactions with other drivers, we all have. But, there hasn't been a single instance where I felt that I could solve the problem by violence.

The track owner has the ultimate responsibility for resolving problems. Whether it is an on-track or off-track issue, they need to decide how to resolve it. If we disagree with the atmosphere that the track owner chooses to have, we need to find another place to race. If the track owner is just not willing to deal with the problem, we need to find another place to race. We, as racers, can not appoint ourselves judge, jury and executioner.

The ONLY violence that I would ever find acceptable is when it is used in self-defense. If a racer calls another racer out to the parking lot to settle a score, and that racer willingly goes out, both racers should be banned from the track. If one racer sucker punches another and that racer defends himself, only the racer that sucker punched the other should be banned.

We all have the right to defend ourselves from physical violence. But, to turn an on-track accident with toy cars into a fist-fight... Sorry, you'll never convince me that violence is the right answer.
I never said violence was the answer and I am not trying to convince you that violence is the key. If you can walk away that is the best thing to do but me personally if someone is being a big A-hole I would give a warning after that there isn't much too talk about but thats just me. I try not to promote violence but on that note I wouldn't step down for no one. At the end of the day it's just a hobby that isn't worth fighting over for. Violence SHOULD NOT BE TOLERATED at the track or anywhere!!! But it does happen and you have to deal with it when it comes or if it ever comes. WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU GUY'S UNDERSTAND??? I'm not for violence at the track, But I only speak for myself when I say that I won't stand down to anyone,if a problem arises. You need to read this thread alittle better to understand what I am trying to say. I do not promote myself as a tuff guy and I never will but if I where in a bad situation anywhere or at the track, I won't stand down to no one. I don't go to the track to look for trouble, I am a family man and I do not want my child to see any violence. The track is too have fun and to enjoy your spare time my point is that we should never fight over a hobby. We should all go and have fun and enjoy R/Cing. I guess some of you guy's misunderstood me or didn't fully understand what point I was trying to make. Hopefully now you have a better understanding of what I'm trying to say. So Please read carefully before passing judgement on me. And if you still don't understand then pm me and I will explain it the best way possible to you. All I am doing is just stating my own opinion just like everyone else. TAKE CARE...

Last edited by trjracing; 04-18-2007 at 07:34 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cvt01
"Scuba" Steve

Thank you for giving me hope after reading trjracing's posts I almost gave up...
Give me a break
Old 04-18-2007, 06:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i think violence at the track is totally wrong, even i know that i am not really wanted at my track and its probley annoying to have me at my local track but i still race no matter what people think of me and call me.
I guess im used to the fact that other racers at my local track dont really want me there but i still race and get on with it.

Somedays i just stop racing because "you hacked me"!
im only 15 and i think racing is fun, the physical violence is definitly NOT tolerated and that goes along with loud mouths and trouble makers.

Jamie
Old 04-18-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jamie814340
i think violence at the track is totally wrong, even i know that i am not really wanted at my track and its probley annoying to have me at my local track but i still race no matter what people think of me and call me.
I guess im used to the fact that other racers at my local track dont really want me there but i still race and get on with it.

Somedays i just stop racing because "you hacked me"!
im only 15 and i think racing is fun, the physical violence is definitly NOT tolerated and that goes along with loud mouths and trouble makers.

Jamie
AMEN TOO THAT!!! I'M WITH YOU ON THAT ONE...
Old 04-18-2007, 06:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Stampede
Throw them upside down into a garbage can or duct tape them to a chair and throw them outside on a snowbank.

Jason
It's funny that you mention that Jason. Thats the exact kind of thing that happend to my kid in his early day's of racing. The best one is when a couple of guys taped him to a pole.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by knapster
It's funny that you mention that Jason. Thats the exact kind of thing that happend to my kid in his early day's of racing. The best one is when a couple of guys taped him to a pole.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by knapster
The best one is when a couple of guys taped him to a pole.
Well at least is wasnt in a strip club... or was it?
Old 04-18-2007, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
I agree 100%. I really wouldn't do that. I'm a piece maker.
Kids will be kids.
Thats the parents job. Hopefully no one commits to doing that?

Probably should have put a laughing face behind that.
You do make an excellent point.
Now, don't get me wrong, I am definately not a "peace nik"....I just know what it is like to be duct taped Marines play too God-damn much!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Default TC3Team...

While I love your Avatar (not bad for a brit), it's the way your signature reads is what gets people beat up. While YOU may think that talking ish is constituted from fear or a short coming, for those of us who do it (WELL, I might add), it is merely a way of getting someone out of their game, breaking their focus. Your signature, a bit asinine and rather boorish, might prompt someone to invite you to the parking lot. It's one thing to talk s**t, it's another thing to judge someone that is doing it.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Default Yo Eddie, you have a fan club

please delete, wrong thread.

Last edited by bxpitbull; 04-18-2007 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by trjracing
Give me a break
I give you a break don't worry, I don't want you to get pissed off at me and come after me with a baseball bat
Old 04-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

I give you a break don't worry, I don't want you to get pissed off at me and come after me with a baseball bat
Damn dude, buck up. Stop being a pu$$y.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:56 AM
Tech Addict

Be easy, there isn't any need too carry it on, leave it be. Life goes on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.