Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Super Sport Brushless Motor System

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 08:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Ran the BL for the first time last night, it's a pretty fast motor, and got a bundle of runtime, very nice combo I just gotta figure out what lines to drive with no drag brake, that was difficult
Old 08-27-2003, 12:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Steevo: I had looked at the Novak site but never saw the XXX-S G+ pictures... thanks! I can't wait to get 'em, I think I will order them this week...
Old 08-27-2003, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

yup...can concentrate fully on driving lines...gd combo...
Old 08-29-2003, 10:38 AM
Tech Initiate

I just ordered a XXX-S G+ and a Novak Brushless system. Can anyone either A) send me to a site that explains gear ratios or B) recommend the proper pininon ranges for a moderate to small, tight, carpet track?

I found http://www.teamnovak.com/products/MO...gear_chart.htm but I really don't know how it applies to either my ideal situation, ie. gearing for a tight carpet track, or what advantages I get by changing spur gears if the final drive ratio is the same?
Old 08-29-2003, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm not going through and reading all of this thread so here's my question. Anyone run this system offroad yet? I'm interested in putting it in my XXXT for a tight off road track. This track, 12 and 13 doubles seem to work great on so I'd think the brushless would work great. Plus not having to pell the motor for cleaning will be a major plus.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

It should be pretty good for offroad as well. It has a lot of torque, and the RPM's wont have problems keeping up with 12 and 13 turn motors, especially since the track is small. I'm guessing you're buying one for Family Hobbies?

Will you be at SoCal tomorrow?
Old 08-29-2003, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

i ran my bl in my t3 and b4 and it was awsome in both. i now have the bl in my t4

you will not be disapointed if you put on in your xxx-t how is the track at family hobbies, i have been waiting to see if anyone post some pic's,

i need to justify the drive. from oceanside it will be aprox the same distance for me to drive to socal..
Old 08-29-2003, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Drive ratio

So Saacaptain who do you fly for? I'm on the Dhc-8 at Horizon.

ok back to the thread.
Old 08-30-2003, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

Randy- Yeah it's fr Family. I was over there last night and running a 12x2 and after three runs I needed a comm cut pretty bad and I was thinking how nice it would be running offroad and not have to worry about that. I'm getting ready right now to go up to Irwindale Speedway. My cousin runs a NASCAR South West Tour car and I'm on the pit crew. We have a race up there tonight.

Jason- The track's getting much better. It needs a lot of water still. It's got a real hard surface with a layer of loose dirt on top. Gives funny traction. Last night we swept it off real well to get the loose stuff off and it had awesome traction with Losi t2000 tires. Come by after about 4:00 to get a good feel. Mid day is just too hot. By the time you finish watering, the end you started on is dusty again.
Old 08-30-2003, 08:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by jkerr0043
Randy- Yeah it's fr Family. I was over there last night and running a 12x2 and after three runs I needed a comm cut pretty bad and I was thinking how nice it would be running offroad and not have to worry about that. I'm getting ready right now to go up to Irwindale Speedway. My cousin runs a NASCAR South West Tour car and I'm on the pit crew. We have a race up there tonight.

Jason- The track's getting much better. It needs a lot of water still. It's got a real hard surface with a layer of loose dirt on top. Gives funny traction. Last night we swept it off real well to get the loose stuff off and it had awesome traction with Losi t2000 tires. Come by after about 4:00 to get a good feel. Mid day is just too hot. By the time you finish watering, the end you started on is dusty again.
It's 15 mins from my house, and I still havent made it out there to see it yet... I will end up building a buggy before long, just figuring out what makes the Barracuda tick right now, it takes a lot of time, hopefully I'll have my understeer problem fixed today.
Old 08-30-2003, 07:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Saab 340B for Chicago Express Airlines, Inc. (ATA Connection) out of KMDW.

back to the thread...
Old 08-31-2003, 12:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Randman
It's 15 mins from my house, and I still havent made it out there to see it yet... I will end up building a buggy before long, just figuring out what makes the Barracuda tick right now, it takes a lot of time, hopefully I'll have my understeer problem fixed today.
Throw it in the trash and buy a Losi. j/k That'll solve your under steer problem.
Old 08-31-2003, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

for the people that are using the novak bl with a xxx-s,could you please tell me your gear ratio?
Old 09-07-2003, 04:46 AM
Tech Addict

Default Faster motor?

Has anyone heard anything about a mod version of the brushless yet.Been running my ss now for about 6 months still going strong.Cant wait for a faster version.
Old 09-07-2003, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Just wait a little while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.