Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-hpiferrari.jpg  
Old 07-21-2004, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Looking good Herm !!
Very nice painting there Dave
Old 07-21-2004, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Get a G350GT shell Herm, even that is lighter than those bricks
You wont need bumpers or nerf bars with those babies mounted on the car.

How long are you planning on staying up in Teeside????? we'll be up there soon for some proper racing....the F1 of RC cars..... 1/12th scale ...what else!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-104_0497.jpg  
Old 07-21-2004, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by seaball
dave, anyone,

does anyone make aluminum c-hubs for the cuda in 3* like the new alex composite ones?

thanks,

chris
Nope 5 is the the lowest in Alloy ones
Old 07-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i thought so. thank you for the confirmation, dave, merciless.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Dave,

do you know if there are any plans to bring out an alloy 3 degree front c hub then?????

having to run 5 degree with kickup (0.8mm shim) at the moment but could really do with running 3 degree. Only got one set of the 3 degree blocks and dont want to break them just yet

Does anyone run anti squat on the rear of their Cuda????? Any comments

Gaz
Old 07-21-2004, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Merciless
Looking good Herm !!
Very nice painting there Dave
Thanks.... I have some nicer stuff that I did that I'll post here later tonight.... ..
One Bugattii that I did and a nice GT350 that looks like Hermi's paint
-Dave
Old 07-21-2004, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Gazza_D
Get a G350GT shell Herm, even that is lighter than those bricks
You wont need bumpers or nerf bars with those babies mounted on the car.

How long are you planning on staying up in Teeside????? we'll be up there soon for some proper racing....the F1 of RC cars..... 1/12th scale ...what else!!!!
Hehe, I think I'll flog them, I'm sure there are a few people wanting a nice rare HPI Ferrari
I've actualy got one already painted up that I did about a year ago or more, it's awfully tail happy since it has no rear wing.

The G350GT does look interesting, I've got an Alex Stratus to paint first. I'd have to look for a place that sold those shells and it's annoying paying postage on a shell.
It looks like you masked out the Barracuda wing shape on the wing then sprayed the chrome, same with the other Cuda logo's, did you get some masks cut for you or do you have the patience of a god and cut it all out by hand?

I'm currently looking into paints, I see plenty of people use Createx in America since it's like Faskolor but cheaper, I've seen very similar stuff in a local art shop for half the price of Faskolor but I think I'd need a bonding agent too, can't find a place in the UK that sells Createx or the Auto version, other than one place that wants orders above £75

Dave- are Pasche siphon feed bottles just a push fit?

I'll be up here for a long while yet so I'll come along to the 12th scale event and see what it's like.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Theres two things I hate and am useless at in RC

first is masking and the painting of shells and the other isnt... no second is definately gluing tyres

You can get a G350 GT from my sponsor on the rear wing and postage over £10 is free

NIce paint Dave has done for you by the way..... where are the new wheels to complete the lok for the photo's?????? Tut Tut Herm.....whers you sense of pride man
Old 07-21-2004, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

lol, those were the newest looking wheels I had
I'm too poor to buy new ones at the moment although I'll have to get a new set of foams asap but they have ugly looking spoke designs
Old 07-21-2004, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

ouch! those yokomo G530GT shells aren't cheap for that price postage wants to be included anyway
oh boy.... I feel the Scottish blood in me showing
Old 07-21-2004, 04:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator

Dave- are Pasche siphon feed bottles just a push fit?

Yep
Old 07-21-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

gazza_d,

i noticed that you run kickup in your car. i've been running mine on carpet since march and i also run kickup up front. to the tune of a shock piston under the front balls (2*???). that's exactly why i went to the 3* blocks. using a diff, i couldn't get this car to rotate off power for anything. the kickup helped a ton, but yeah, 5* blocks almost give it too much castor for carpet.

as far as the rear end goes, i'm running 1* blocks reversed to give 1* toe overall. i have played with anti/pro squat, and i liked the prosquat most for helping the car rotate off power. i don't know why, but it just made the car a touch more aggressive getting to the apex. the tradeoff is that the downward angle of the arms causes that end of the car to respond poorly to bumps and it will hop some. i never cared since i kept begging the car to rotate harder anyway. i tried antisquat, but the effect was not as pronounced. i may go back to antisquat soon for kicks.

as an aside, i have found the cuda to feel very power robbing. my drivetrain will spin freely for 5 or more seconds, but the car does not have the rip of a tc3 or pro4 when it's under a load. i'm not talking cornerspeed or setup, but raw accelleration. i am underweight when compared to the others that i've mentioned, and the car is as good as i've had it. however, other racers as well as myself, have noticed that it seems that it's bound up just a bit out of corners and in short chutes. have any of you that run competitively with this car found anything resembling my findings?

i have noticed that gears appear to be carbon reinforced for stiffness. is carbon not one of the most abrasive substances known? they are not worn appreciably, but i am searching for a reason for the inexplicable lack of rip that this car has. i have run multiple speedos, motors, and rollouts.

i love the car, but i have to drive my *ss off just to keep pace. questions, comments?
Old 07-21-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by seaball
gazza_d,

i noticed that you run kickup in your car. i've been running mine on carpet since march and i also run kickup up front. to the tune of a shock piston under the front balls (2*???). that's exactly why i went to the 3* blocks. using a diff, i couldn't get this car to rotate off power for anything. the kickup helped a ton, but yeah, 5* blocks almost give it too much castor for carpet.

as far as the rear end goes, i'm running 1* blocks reversed to give 1* toe overall. i have played with anti/pro squat, and i liked the prosquat most for helping the car rotate off power. i don't know why, but it just made the car a touch more aggressive getting to the apex. the tradeoff is that the downward angle of the arms causes that end of the car to respond poorly to bumps and it will hop some. i never cared since i kept begging the car to rotate harder anyway. i tried antisquat, but the effect was not as pronounced. i may go back to antisquat soon for kicks.

as an aside, i have found the cuda to feel very power robbing. my drivetrain will spin freely for 5 or more seconds, but the car does not have the rip of a tc3 or pro4 when it's under a load. i'm not talking cornerspeed or setup, but raw accelleration. i am underweight when compared to the others that i've mentioned, and the car is as good as i've had it. however, other racers as well as myself, have noticed that it seems that it's bound up just a bit out of corners and in short chutes. have any of you that run competitively with this car found anything resembling my findings?

i have noticed that gears appear to be carbon reinforced for stiffness. is carbon not one of the most abrasive substances known? they are not worn appreciably, but i am searching for a reason for the inexplicable lack of rip that this car has. i have run multiple speedos, motors, and rollouts.

i love the car, but i have to drive my *ss off just to keep pace. questions, comments?

Seaball I can help you out......
1st off take out the drive shaft and see how free spinning the front and rear diffs spin.. after you do that then check out the center shaft support bearings where the small bevel gear goes through.. after you have done that then check all of the Hub bearings.
try thsi 1st and let me know.
-Dave
Old 07-22-2004, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

dave,

could do that, but the car already spins for like 8-10 secs with rubber tires on it (i run small foams)! i have driven cars that are more bound up on the bench, but are fine on the track. infact, my tc3 is not currently as free as the cuda. i should go over it again, but i am skeptical that the bearings are binding or roached.

if that all checks out, what would be another reason for this? i am meticulous with the car, and it is nothing so obvious such as a mechanical interference. it seems to be dynamic, under load. it's not so obvious that we look at it and something looks wrong. it just looks weak in areas where hard accelleration is required. we've seen other chassis exihibit the same characteristics on carpet, and everyone's first thought is that the chassis flexes too much. this should not be the case here as i have a custom 3mm top deck and the xenon lower. (though the xenon's cutouts are way oversized).

i dunno.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.