R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2004, 11:04 AM   #11791
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

I also have these bad boys to practise with
or maybe someone make me a decent offer for them unpainted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hpiferrari.jpg (133.1 KB, 115 views)
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:07 AM   #11792
Tech Master
 
Merciless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,027
Send a message via ICQ to Merciless
Default

Looking good Herm !!
Very nice painting there Dave
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:32 PM   #11793
Tech Regular
 
Gazza_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 327
Send a message via Yahoo to Gazza_D
Default

Get a G350GT shell Herm, even that is lighter than those bricks
You wont need bumpers or nerf bars with those babies mounted on the car.

How long are you planning on staying up in Teeside????? we'll be up there soon for some proper racing....the F1 of RC cars..... 1/12th scale ...what else!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 104_0497.jpg (180.1 KB, 106 views)
Gazza_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:33 PM   #11794
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by seaball
dave, anyone,

does anyone make aluminum c-hubs for the cuda in 3* like the new alex composite ones?

thanks,

chris
Nope 5 is the the lowest in Alloy ones
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:38 PM   #11795
Tech Elite
 
seaball's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,303
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball
Default

i thought so. thank you for the confirmation, dave, merciless.
__________________
*** The Gate II - Home of Mike Wise ***
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:40 PM   #11796
Tech Regular
 
Gazza_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 327
Send a message via Yahoo to Gazza_D
Default

Dave,

do you know if there are any plans to bring out an alloy 3 degree front c hub then?????

having to run 5 degree with kickup (0.8mm shim) at the moment but could really do with running 3 degree. Only got one set of the 3 degree blocks and dont want to break them just yet

Does anyone run anti squat on the rear of their Cuda????? Any comments

Gaz
Gazza_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:43 PM   #11797
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Merciless
Looking good Herm !!
Very nice painting there Dave
Thanks.... I have some nicer stuff that I did that I'll post here later tonight.... ..
One Bugattii that I did and a nice GT350 that looks like Hermi's paint
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:47 PM   #11798
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazza_D
Get a G350GT shell Herm, even that is lighter than those bricks
You wont need bumpers or nerf bars with those babies mounted on the car.

How long are you planning on staying up in Teeside????? we'll be up there soon for some proper racing....the F1 of RC cars..... 1/12th scale ...what else!!!!
Hehe, I think I'll flog them, I'm sure there are a few people wanting a nice rare HPI Ferrari
I've actualy got one already painted up that I did about a year ago or more, it's awfully tail happy since it has no rear wing.

The G350GT does look interesting, I've got an Alex Stratus to paint first. I'd have to look for a place that sold those shells and it's annoying paying postage on a shell.
It looks like you masked out the Barracuda wing shape on the wing then sprayed the chrome, same with the other Cuda logo's, did you get some masks cut for you or do you have the patience of a god and cut it all out by hand?

I'm currently looking into paints, I see plenty of people use Createx in America since it's like Faskolor but cheaper, I've seen very similar stuff in a local art shop for half the price of Faskolor but I think I'd need a bonding agent too, can't find a place in the UK that sells Createx or the Auto version, other than one place that wants orders above 75

Dave- are Pasche siphon feed bottles just a push fit?

I'll be up here for a long while yet so I'll come along to the 12th scale event and see what it's like.
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:56 PM   #11799
Tech Regular
 
Gazza_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 327
Send a message via Yahoo to Gazza_D
Default

Theres two things I hate and am useless at in RC

first is masking and the painting of shells and the other isnt... no second is definately gluing tyres

You can get a G350 GT from my sponsor on the rear wing and postage over 10 is free

NIce paint Dave has done for you by the way..... where are the new wheels to complete the lok for the photo's?????? Tut Tut Herm.....whers you sense of pride man
Gazza_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:03 PM   #11800
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

lol, those were the newest looking wheels I had
I'm too poor to buy new ones at the moment although I'll have to get a new set of foams asap but they have ugly looking spoke designs
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:12 PM   #11801
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

ouch! those yokomo G530GT shells aren't cheap for that price postage wants to be included anyway
oh boy.... I feel the Scottish blood in me showing
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:01 PM   #11802
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator

Dave- are Pasche siphon feed bottles just a push fit?

Yep
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 10:21 PM   #11803
Tech Elite
 
seaball's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,303
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball
Default

gazza_d,

i noticed that you run kickup in your car. i've been running mine on carpet since march and i also run kickup up front. to the tune of a shock piston under the front balls (2*???). that's exactly why i went to the 3* blocks. using a diff, i couldn't get this car to rotate off power for anything. the kickup helped a ton, but yeah, 5* blocks almost give it too much castor for carpet.

as far as the rear end goes, i'm running 1* blocks reversed to give 1* toe overall. i have played with anti/pro squat, and i liked the prosquat most for helping the car rotate off power. i don't know why, but it just made the car a touch more aggressive getting to the apex. the tradeoff is that the downward angle of the arms causes that end of the car to respond poorly to bumps and it will hop some. i never cared since i kept begging the car to rotate harder anyway. i tried antisquat, but the effect was not as pronounced. i may go back to antisquat soon for kicks.

as an aside, i have found the cuda to feel very power robbing. my drivetrain will spin freely for 5 or more seconds, but the car does not have the rip of a tc3 or pro4 when it's under a load. i'm not talking cornerspeed or setup, but raw accelleration. i am underweight when compared to the others that i've mentioned, and the car is as good as i've had it. however, other racers as well as myself, have noticed that it seems that it's bound up just a bit out of corners and in short chutes. have any of you that run competitively with this car found anything resembling my findings?

i have noticed that gears appear to be carbon reinforced for stiffness. is carbon not one of the most abrasive substances known? they are not worn appreciably, but i am searching for a reason for the inexplicable lack of rip that this car has. i have run multiple speedos, motors, and rollouts.

i love the car, but i have to drive my *ss off just to keep pace. questions, comments?
__________________
*** The Gate II - Home of Mike Wise ***
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:45 PM   #11804
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by seaball
gazza_d,

i noticed that you run kickup in your car. i've been running mine on carpet since march and i also run kickup up front. to the tune of a shock piston under the front balls (2*???). that's exactly why i went to the 3* blocks. using a diff, i couldn't get this car to rotate off power for anything. the kickup helped a ton, but yeah, 5* blocks almost give it too much castor for carpet.

as far as the rear end goes, i'm running 1* blocks reversed to give 1* toe overall. i have played with anti/pro squat, and i liked the prosquat most for helping the car rotate off power. i don't know why, but it just made the car a touch more aggressive getting to the apex. the tradeoff is that the downward angle of the arms causes that end of the car to respond poorly to bumps and it will hop some. i never cared since i kept begging the car to rotate harder anyway. i tried antisquat, but the effect was not as pronounced. i may go back to antisquat soon for kicks.

as an aside, i have found the cuda to feel very power robbing. my drivetrain will spin freely for 5 or more seconds, but the car does not have the rip of a tc3 or pro4 when it's under a load. i'm not talking cornerspeed or setup, but raw accelleration. i am underweight when compared to the others that i've mentioned, and the car is as good as i've had it. however, other racers as well as myself, have noticed that it seems that it's bound up just a bit out of corners and in short chutes. have any of you that run competitively with this car found anything resembling my findings?

i have noticed that gears appear to be carbon reinforced for stiffness. is carbon not one of the most abrasive substances known? they are not worn appreciably, but i am searching for a reason for the inexplicable lack of rip that this car has. i have run multiple speedos, motors, and rollouts.

i love the car, but i have to drive my *ss off just to keep pace. questions, comments?

Seaball I can help you out......
1st off take out the drive shaft and see how free spinning the front and rear diffs spin.. after you do that then check out the center shaft support bearings where the small bevel gear goes through.. after you have done that then check all of the Hub bearings.
try thsi 1st and let me know.
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 06:57 AM   #11805
Tech Elite
 
seaball's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,303
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball
Default

dave,

could do that, but the car already spins for like 8-10 secs with rubber tires on it (i run small foams)! i have driven cars that are more bound up on the bench, but are fine on the track. infact, my tc3 is not currently as free as the cuda. i should go over it again, but i am skeptical that the bearings are binding or roached.

if that all checks out, what would be another reason for this? i am meticulous with the car, and it is nothing so obvious such as a mechanical interference. it seems to be dynamic, under load. it's not so obvious that we look at it and something looks wrong. it just looks weak in areas where hard accelleration is required. we've seen other chassis exihibit the same characteristics on carpet, and everyone's first thought is that the chassis flexes too much. this should not be the case here as i have a custom 3mm top deck and the xenon lower. (though the xenon's cutouts are way oversized).

i dunno.
__________________
*** The Gate II - Home of Mike Wise ***
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:52 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net