Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Had the titanium axles with alloy bones in since about mid November, racing once a week indoors on wooden floors with stock motors, which shouldn't be hard on cvd;s apart from the occasional hit into a wall, but thats not that common for me.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Mark,

We just tested the prototype this weekend, so we should have the spools soon.

Initial test was very good, the spools are made of steels, and lightened so they are no heavier than the one-way unit. A couple more drivers will be testing them this coming week, and when we make sure everything is okay, they'll be released.

Steve Wang
Hey Steve,

Did the deal fall through with Spooler in Arkansas on those aluminum spools he was making? He made a real nice spool for my R1 when I had it. I haven't seen him in almost a year, but I'll try and get hold of him.

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 03-29-2004, 08:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nismo,

The spools he made were good, but they last for us in 19T and Mod for about 1-2 runs only before the spools notch at the outdrive area.

The guy that's making the spools for us was the same guy that made spools for the Tamiya team last year, and because they are made out of steel, they will hardly need replacement

Steve Wang
Old 03-29-2004, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Kool. I only run stock so I never had a problem with it. How much do you think these spools might be?
Old 03-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Tech Addict

hey steve do you know if there are any steel or alu outdrives for the cuda?
Old 03-29-2004, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Well I'm back from an interesting night of racing.

I tried the wheel radio set and liked it, had better steering control which made my driving smoother. Unfortunatly I had awful interference on certain parts of the track, I had to give up using it after the first qualifier. Did a very nice couple of runs with my KO sticks but they weren't smooth, just fast enough to get me fourth on the grid. Then the final went down the pan, I think my brushes are worn out, I suspect the brushes have been causing a problem for a few weeks, but be one dodgy one arching too much.

Looks like I'll be going for a 3pk, a radio I've not seen around Scotland, ssticks outweigh wheels by about 10-1 here.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

KO...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!....
Old 03-30-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Herminator

... ssticks outweigh wheels by about 10-1 here.
that ratio would be reversely correct on my side of the world...
Old 03-30-2004, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

the 3pk is a real ncie radio my m8 said he can get it imported from japan for like £200 but duno if its true or not theres a guy at stoney that has one and so does a guy at inverurie it has a massive screen on it, i wonder if it gets cable :
Old 03-30-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by John_S
the 3pk is a real ncie radio my m8 said he can get it imported from japan for like £200 but duno if its true or not theres a guy at stoney that has one and so does a guy at inverurie it has a massive screen on it, i wonder if it gets cable :
not just cable...it has a 16x9 widescreen...and can receive High definition programming, inputs for dvd etc... j/k...

I like mine alot...one of the best radios I've ever used...
Old 03-30-2004, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Guys with these "hard" wishbones I believe you are susposed to warm the arms before trying to install the ball studs.

How have you been "warming" them boiling the complete wishones seems like a bad idea as that'll just de-stress them and they'll be all bendy again surely ??

Anyway please help as thats my next job in the "BIG" cuda build

I'll post some pic's maybe soon........Oh i'm like a proud farther
Old 03-30-2004, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Hello guys!

Just thought I would come to where the Cuda info is!I need a couple things......First off I just bought a Blue R3 with xenon aluminum front hubs carriers and rear uprights.Its brand new and it was 200.00 Was that a good deal for basically a new R3?Also 2# What are the essential parts for the car that I will need to stock for racing?And #3 Ling if your listening or see this,Can someone give me a good starting setup for asphalt.Medium,sometimes low grip asphalt.I know lingers got the carpet setup dialed cause his car was awsome on carpet.But he also kicked my butt at rctech last tuesday night race. So parking lot setup is what I need. #4 What is th3e main difference between the r2 and r3?Any essential hopups like how the r2 needed the pal drive?

Please tell me it was a good deal!?
Old 03-30-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Hello guys!

Originally posted by racenut123
Just thought I would come to where the Cuda info is!I need a couple things......First off I just bought a Blue R3 with xenon aluminum front hubs carriers and rear uprights.Its brand new and it was 200.00 Was that a good deal for basically a new R3?Also 2# What are the essential parts for the car that I will need to stock for racing?And #3 Ling if your listening or see this,Can someone give me a good starting setup for asphalt.Medium,sometimes low grip asphalt.I know lingers got the carpet setup dialed cause his car was awsome on carpet.But he also kicked my butt at rctech last tuesday night race. So parking lot setup is what I need. #4 What is th3e main difference between the r2 and r3?Any essential hopups like how the r2 needed the pal drive?

Please tell me it was a good deal!?
are you insane? yes it's a great deal. who'd you get it from?
Old 03-30-2004, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default A guy on another board....

He had it for sale and it was new.Got pics.Said it was 200.00 and thought to myself I think they go for alot more then that new from Speedtech.Also thought its my chance to try a cuda.So its a done deal.Just looked at how much it would have cost me.twice as much would have hurt!

Anything I should get beside the obvious{arms,knuckles,etc}?
Old 03-30-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: A guy on another board....

Originally posted by racenut123
He had it for sale and it was new.Got pics.Said it was 200.00 and thought to myself I think they go for alot more then that new from Speedtech.Also thought its my chance to try a cuda.So its a done deal.Just looked at how much it would have cost me.twice as much would have hurt!

Anything I should get beside the obvious{arms,knuckles,etc}?
do you have the car now? what board? link to thread? be careful... may be a scam.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.