Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Man Dave...I like the purple better than my black

ea
I like the purple better than my blue/black...rather have red or green
Old 10-27-2003, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

If I could sell my corally I would Dave!!

ea
keep trying
Old 10-27-2003, 07:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Definately looks good Dave, but then again, which one of your cars doesnt...
Old 10-27-2003, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Default Carpet Foam setup

Does anyone have a foam carpet setup?

thanx

STeve
Old 10-27-2003, 08:20 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default Re: Carpet Foam setup

Originally posted by fowlerJr68
Does anyone have a foam carpet setup?

thanx

STeve
Yes does anyone have a starting point? I have a good rubber and foam tire setup for asphalt. Now its on to carpet season!!

ea
Old 10-27-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Carpet Foam setup

Yes does anyone have a starting point? I have a good rubber and foam tire setup for asphalt. Now its on to carpet season!!

ea
...your kind of in uncharted waters there bubba..I do have a basic set up...but it@s going to be a bit firm..

-Dave
Old 10-27-2003, 08:33 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Oh well..Guess I'll be the first (or second if Imgoinrcn already has one) to get it dialed on carpet. Its gonna be hella fast though...I can tell already!!

ea
Old 10-27-2003, 08:40 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Oh well..Guess I'll be the first (or second if Imgoinrcn already has one) to get it dialed on carpet. Its gonna be hella fast though...I can tell already!!

ea
I'll look in my setups folder, I know I have a start for a carpet setup for the cuda. I just modified it from a rubber tire setup on carpet...I think we'll be alright on carpet...
Old 10-27-2003, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Don't think my wood floor setup's would transfer too well to carpet

Atleast I know how to get my car working again So happy that in 4 runs I turned a odd handling car into an on the top pace car It deffinetly responds well to small setup changes

Got some mad run time out of my Matrix's comm and brushes while running indoors. It's a V10R and hadn't had a skim for the last three weeks, skimmed it before Mondays racing and changed the brushes. It only needed the lightest of skims and all it's had is a couple of going overs with the comm stick in the last few weeks. The brushes are from before the summer, must be about 15nights racing in them atleast, they've barely been worn at all, one side is just about to loose it's one cut along it, the other has lost all of it's chequered pattern but not by much. Replaced them anyway, don't think they were giving max power yet tonight, but certainly had good top end speed Next week they should give more torque, I find. What more can you ask from a stock, runs cool, is as fast as any other motor out there, comm wear is minimal and brushes last ages

Now I'm going to click on Submit Reply and read my own post, hoping it sends me back to sleep
Old 10-28-2003, 03:17 AM
Regional Moderator

ea
what yo mean you be the first I think me and heath can help you out a bit .

Last edited by Ko Racer; 10-28-2003 at 04:14 AM.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Here's my setup from Sunday's race. Because of the low traction, I used a spool up front (left over from the Reedy Race) so I can have brakes for emergency (the track was kinda tight too):

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 w/Xenon chassis conversion:

Front:

40wt Oil, 2 hole piston (Yokomo) I'm running Yokomo YS-1SS-6 Super low friction shocks.

1 hole in on the upper shock mount position, and the outter most hole on the arm. Yokomo YS-1355 blue springs

1 degree of camber, 0 toe-in/out, 4.5mm ride height. Also, I have a 0.8mm thick shim (from the A6511 shim kit) underneath the front arm rear mount for reverse kick-up to help the car turn in more aggresively with the spool.

Rear:

40wt Oil, 2 hole piston (again, yokomo components).

1 hole in on the upper shock mount position, and the outter most hole on the arm. Yokomo YS-14575 Pink springs

1 degree of camber, 3 deg. toe-in (with A6113 rear hub carriers), 5mm ride height.

Motor: Reedy TI 10x2 geared at 72/21 powered by Fukuyama Batteries (Dan, thanks for the great cells! )

This was a nice balanced setup for the spool, it had great turn in with the reverse kick-up shim, and very stable under braking in a rather dusty condition that we had on Sunday. This setup would probably work well with a diff up front if you remove the shims on the front (shims might make it too aggressive turning in with a diff)

One-way up front would require a completely different setup all around

Steve Wang
Old 10-28-2003, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Well the nice thing is, it doesnt matter if it does rain, because SoCal is indoors
All the UK tracks ive raced at are indoors, mostly carpet, but ive been to one tarmac one, what a different type of race that is Hope everyone in the San Diego area is okay.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Steve, any updates on the speedtech r2 you're putting together? Need a new car and am anxious!
Old 10-28-2003, 09:49 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
Steve, any updates on the speedtech r2 you're putting together? Need a new car and am anxious!
Speedtech R2

Steve - I think I was just about the only person running a 1 way at the race sunday, everyone had switched to a diff or spool. Last time I tried a spool, I was about 1/2 seconds a lap slower than I am with a 1 way, I never use the brakes (although it was a little hard not using brakes with the mod motor) but I did notice that I had more cornerspeed than everyone in my class, I had no problem catching back up to the pack after a bad start...
Old 10-28-2003, 10:45 AM
TC3
Tech Regular

do the yokomo shockpistons fit the barracuda shocks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.