Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 04:56 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ko Racer
yeah i know what your saying on that incline you need to run a straight line there or get tossed around alittle
what are you running on a dirt oval not a cuda i hope

oh yeah oval in blountville i hate running round and round i bought a oval car and it sucked and i sold it after the first 2 races. if you like to turning left only then go for it but i hate it.
and dirt tracks man you dont even want me to go there
blountville has a dirt track and you can run what ever you want (no rules ) if you can get a 10 cell battery pack on your car then you can run it . if you have a 8x2 motor run it they dont care!
so 2 guys that have been racers there have opened up there own tracks so there is 3 dirt tracks within 15min of my house and can i say i dont really like dirt either man im a so cal guy and as a kid there i liked touring left turn -right turn and all kinds of set-ups and tuning parts to mess with. so my heart is in touring .

for local races we have been setting up a parking lot track and do well im told hobby town is coming to town and there looking to do touring only . i hope soon
My heart is in touring also, I am not much on oval anymore. The past 3 years have been road racing and I love it. I can drive pretty good and get mad if I take a line wrong...lol but road racing is by far, the funest...I'd like to try a 1/5th scale on road once. I raced 1/4 scale nascar about 6 years ago and it was a blast...
Old 08-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Barracuda guys in the USA. Anyone got a R2 in Mint shape with some of the Must have hop-ups youd like to trade for an Master Assasin? I am very intersted in trying out this car. I only race Stock, Carpet/foam tires and this car looks like it might be perfect for that. Shaft drive, PAL Drive system, Fully adjustable!!! NICE!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
Hey Barracuda guys in the USA. Anyone got a R2 in Mint shape with some of the Must have hop-ups youd like to trade for an Master Assasin? I am very intersted in trying out this car. I only race Stock, Carpet/foam tires and this car looks like it might be perfect for that. Shaft drive, PAL Drive system, Fully adjustable!!! NICE!!!
I doubt you'll get any takers on that trade....but, you're right this car should be an animal on carpet, the long arms make it very stable too.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by rayhuang

the barracuda does very well on carpet and if you have the speedway pal or excel hub kit its even better. but good luck on searching ( dont forget belts are to hold your pants up)
Old 08-08-2003, 07:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: First Test drive

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Rand, yours will always be popular. in such a short time there, you've already met almost everyone and have gain recognition. I'll just hide mines when your around. LOL.

Dan
I'd appreciate it if you did hide yours
Old 08-08-2003, 07:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Dave, knowing your the cuda nut type guy. LOL did you get some clamping wheel hex done in orange? that would be awesome if you did and I'm sure Randman, Rczombie and myself would love to get some.

Dan
Randman's are on their way from J-Land right now Wish the mail service was faster
Old 08-08-2003, 07:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Herm,

I'm running Fukuyama Racing Cells, they're GP3300. The KO Receiver and Quantum Comp ESC is super light to begin with.

Dan
Fukuyama We still gotta talk about the website...
Old 08-08-2003, 07:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
fyi...if you go light on the paint TC bodies weigh around 100g Maj.
My liteweight NSX is 88g
That NSX body is going to be the next one I try, unless the ChevronModel body is just awesome...
Old 08-08-2003, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Ko Racer
the barracuda does very well on carpet and if you have the speedway pal or excel hub kit its even better. but good luck on searching ( dont forget belts are to hold your pants up)
No belts are for your trousers
pants are what you wear underneath trousers unless you go commando..... although there are boxers, y-fronts, long johns too

looks like I'll be racing for a second week with a cheapo servo, may fit my futaba cheapo instead of the borrowed one I have in now. The stupid model shop sent a pack of plastic replacement gears for my KO servo, instead of the metal gears I asked for, now they say they have to order them specialy which will be Tuesday

Trying to decide if I can afford to go to the Scottish GP at Stonehaven, it's quite a long drive which may mean driving up the night before, and probably sleeping in the back of my VW Polo, oh joy I really want to go, since they will be running a 19T class and it's a big permanent track, I should do fairly well, just the cost of fuel and most my club mates will strugle to get the whole weekend off, so no splitting travel costs just trying to balance racing costs with needed to order some parts for my cuda, like a new diff and some springs, (my sig in other forums says "I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure" for a very good reason
Old 08-08-2003, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: First Test drive

Originally posted by Randman
I'd appreciate it if you did hide yours
you afriad his will be shinier? you need to get polishing
Old 08-08-2003, 07:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by rc-zombies
RBF... I see on your set-up sheets that you use the NSX body alot... does it handle any better compared to the new Alpha's?
Dave has told me that the NSX body is the way to go. They definately are lightweight..
Old 08-08-2003, 07:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: With the lid on

Here's with the lid on.

Dan
I never weighed my 'cuda, but that is really light, the SD feels like a tank compared to the R2.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: With the lid on

I never weighed my 'cuda, but that is really light, the SD feels like a tank compared to the R2.
thats an awful weak tank
strange how the much lighter car with lots of alloy can be much stronger too
Old 08-08-2003, 07:50 PM
Regional Moderator

Dave has told me that the NSX body is the way to go. They definately are lightweight..

the NSX body does handle very good i have been running it at the local events and the body is very light weight also.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:52 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Herminator
No belts are for your trousers
pants are what you wear underneath trousers unless you go commando..... although there are boxers, y-fronts, long johns too

looks like I'll be racing for a second week with a cheapo servo, may fit my futaba cheapo instead of the borrowed one I have in now. The stupid model shop sent a pack of plastic replacement gears for my KO servo, instead of the metal gears I asked for, now they say they have to order them specialy which will be Tuesday

Trying to decide if I can afford to go to the Scottish GP at Stonehaven, it's quite a long drive which may mean driving up the night before, and probably sleeping in the back of my VW Polo, oh joy I really want to go, since they will be running a 19T class and it's a big permanent track, I should do fairly well, just the cost of fuel and most my club mates will strugle to get the whole weekend off, so no splitting travel costs just trying to balance racing costs with needed to order some parts for my cuda, like a new diff and some springs, (my sig in other forums says "I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure" for a very good reason

oh man you guys in the UK crack me up trousers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.