Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

What do you guys think of the sd cgm? Is it still worth getting? Seems like not many is running the cgm chassis. Please advice.. thanks.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
that one is in japanese
Old 02-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kino2
What do you guys think of the sd cgm? Is it still worth getting? Seems like not many is running the cgm chassis. Please advice.. thanks.
The CGM is still a very competitive car and has won it's fair share of races around the world and must be at least two years old now.
Like most thing's manufactures do not sit still and always develope new cars like the LCG(shaft)and BD(belt), both have twin deck C/F and same geometry setup. where as the CGM is a tub chassis and a little on the heavy side.
So if you like tub go CGM, if you like twin deck but stilll shaft drive go LCG and lastly if you like Belt go BD. a lot of spares can be used on all three cars
You can probably get a very good, cheap CGM on ebay.
HTH
Old 02-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

adyb
Thanks for sharing
Old 02-14-2006, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

how can i achieve less steering going into a corner and more steering coming out of the corner

i was lifting my inside rear wheel in a high speed chicane and diffing out. i added more rear droop and installed a thin rear sway bar. . sound like a good idea ?
Old 02-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by easy e
how can i achieve less steering going into a corner and more steering coming out of the corner

i was lifting my inside rear wheel in a high speed chicane and diffing out. i added more rear droop and installed a thin rear sway bar. . sound like a good idea ?
No... Going into the corner you are tranfering weight forward on the chassis so you want to reduce the rear droop, decreasing weight transfer. Reducing the rear droop will decrease weight transfer to the front giving you more traction mid and exit. This is why the rear wheel is lifting. Think how when you drive your real car and you break or go into a corner hot the front dives and the rear of the car lifts. It is just about the same. You can also increase spring rate and add or increase stiffness of a front swaybar.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

reduce rear droop as shorter shocks as in if im running 3mm of rear drop i should try 4mm ?
Old 02-14-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

reduce rear droop as shorter shocks as in if im running 3mm of rear drop i should try 4mm ?
Yes, I guess you could mean shorter shocks. You should be using your droop screws to restrict arm travel.
Man, I hate talking about droop. Droop gauges make it confusing as well. The best way to decribe it if using a droop gauge, is say about 6mm in the front and 4mm in the back. The point is to reduce the amount of suspenson travel in the rear, compaired to the front. On carpet (foams) I like about 2mm of suspension travel (front) before the tires lift off the ground. And for the rear about 3.5 to 4mm travel before the rear tires lift off the ground.
I hope that helps.

It is also important to stiffen up the front first, like stiffer springs or standing your shocks up more.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Arrow tommy kramer

has anybody heard of the "tommy kramer" edition sdw car? i found this setup sheet the other day. i'm not sure what it's for...
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-setup-sheet-blank.gif  
Old 02-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

LCGv2 .. who the heck is tony krammer?
Old 02-15-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pops
.....Man, I hate talking about droop. Droop gauges make it confusing as well......

Agreed! That's the first time I heard someone on this forum say that!
Old 02-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

LCGv2 .. who the heck is tony krammer?
i think he's a carpet racer from the uk. perhaps yokomo is going to offer the lcg conversion as a full car kit, with some changes to it more suitable for carpet? the arm hole positions appear to be those of the carbon/hd arms...
Old 02-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

i dont think there is a new car coming out at the moment,. i think it is just a setup sheet that this person has changed slightly, as the actual lcg setup sheet has LCG in big letter at the top, and that doesnt. i think he has just changed a sdw sheet abit and added afew more things onto it like the suspension mounts used, i had thought of doing that but never tried it. it doesnt even seem to have the actual lcg specific settings on it like the akerman settings etc...
Old 02-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by agower
i dont think there is a new car coming out at the moment,. i think it is just a setup sheet that this person has changed slightly, as the actual lcg setup sheet has LCG in big letter at the top, and that doesnt. i think he has just changed a sdw sheet abit and added afew more things onto it like the suspension mounts used, i had thought of doing that but never tried it. it doesnt even seem to have the actual lcg specific settings on it like the akerman settings etc...
What has to be changed on a perfect car ? On the sheet SDW shocktowers are displayed while the LCG has different shocktowers which are almost the same as the BD shocktowers
Old 02-16-2006, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

Default ON to someting

Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
What has to be changed on a perfect car ? On the sheet SDW shocktowers are displayed while the LCG has different shocktowers which are almost the same as the BD shocktowers
Is this Tommy Kramer on to someting we all dont know? If the set up sheet is correct and real than this car is the best of both worlds! look at all the diffrent hingpin mounts! Someone has to find this car!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.