Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey guys do you know if someone makes Aluminum diff out drives or after market diff pulleys for the BD car?
Old 08-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JayBee
When you first built the shocks, did they have rebound, were they 'dead' or did the piston and shaft suck up into the body? -JB
originally it would just sink to where the chassis was sitting on the ground....but now it will stay up for like 1-2 seconds and then sink

ill try and get pics later tonight.....what kind of pics would help?
Old 08-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pops
I really meant if they would hold up in mod, or are they too weak for regular racing, since they are advertised for drift.
From the picture, the material look alike the old ZS-010FH/RH hardened universals for MR4TC-SP which durability has been proven.
Ehmmm, let's give it a try.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thisisagame24
originally it would just sink to where the chassis was sitting on the ground....but now it will stay up for like 1-2 seconds and then sink

ill try and get pics later tonight.....what kind of pics would help?
Do all 4 shocks react the same?
This may sound like a stupid question, but you say the chassis stays up 1 or 2 seconds, then it sinks to the ground. Do you have springs installed on the shocks? have you tightened down the collars on the shocks to compress the springs?
Old 08-18-2005, 09:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pops
Do all 4 shocks react the same?
This may sound like a stupid question, but you say the chassis stays up 1 or 2 seconds, then it sinks to the ground. Do you have springs installed on the shocks? have you tightened down the collars on the shocks to compress the springs?
yes the springs are installed on the shocks....ive built shockes before, but they were for nitro cars and not desiged like this at all....like there is nothing inside of the shock to slow the piston from moving it doesnt make sence to me at all....i cant seem to find a way to post a link but there is the manual on the yokomo website for the drift package....maybe if someone can take a look at it....im out of idea...and very close to purchasing the threaded shocks
Old 08-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

so i looked at the manual, when you say theres nothing to slow the shock down, you meant theres no shock oil? i see directions for building the shocks on page 19. did you see the note where it said, "shaded parts are not used" that means you should have #3 pistons and the LONG shock ends on. if you used the short ends then the car will probably sit on the table. did the shocks come with "spacer rings" to adjust spring tention?
Old 08-19-2005, 04:36 AM
Tech Adept

ok,i lost a king pin.does anyone know if other king pins will fit the mr4tc?the reason being,yokomo in hawaii is kinda rare.thanx in advance
Old 08-19-2005, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

thisisagame24,
there are two type of shock end, AL(long) & AS(short), the instruction calls for the AL shock ends. If you use the AS, your shocks will be too short and the car sits too low, eg. chassis touching the ground. Please double check you use the right shock ends.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shortyboy
ok,i lost a king pin.does anyone know if other king pins will fit the mr4tc?the reason being,yokomo in hawaii is kinda rare.thanx in advance
PM me with your address and I will drop a few in the mail to you.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by caveman
thisisagame24,
there are two type of shock end, AL(long) & AS(short), the instruction calls for the AL shock ends. If you use the AS, your shocks will be too short and the car sits too low, eg. chassis touching the ground. Please double check you use the right shock ends.
i am using the right shock end...i made sure of that...that was one of the first things i checked out
Old 08-19-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

im not sure if the drift car has droop screws. but if it has check that they havent been screwed down to far, so that they limit the ride height you can get.

might not be it, but cant harm trying.

thanks
Old 08-19-2005, 09:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by agower
im not sure if the drift car has droop screws. but if it has check that they havent been screwed down to far, so that they limit the ride height you can get.

might not be it, but cant harm trying.

thanks
the droop screws dont even show throught the bottom of arm so it cant be that

has anyone else had this problem with these shocks?????
Old 08-19-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thisisagame24
i am using the right shock end...i made sure of that...that was one of the first things i checked out
I looked at the directions, have you installed the upper spring collar correctly? Have you installed the lower spring retainer upside down? What is the length of your shocks in mm? Make sure ,by the way, that all 4 shocks are the same length. The instructions did not mentioned anything about the length of the shocks. Have you got the shocks mounted in the correct holes, (arms and shock towers)?
Old 08-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

the thing i notice is the lack of spring spacers. how are you suppose to adjust ride height,

one more thing, i assume you have the wheels and tires on.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

yea i noticed that there werent any spacers either but there are droop screws to adjust the ride hight
well i finally got it working...i had the number 2 pistons in instead of three....but the fronts were still soft has hell so i took the spacer clips from my hpi rs4 and threw them on and they work great....thanks for all of your help guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.