Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 06:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

guys,

I need some help on balancing the ride height and tweak.
everytime after i set up the ride height on the car(6mm), i put it on the tweak station and adjusting the tweak side to side. I notice my ride height changes a lot from what i started(4.5mm~5mm from 6mm). that is a lot of change in ride height.

I know i'm doing something wrong. any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Ming
Old 08-09-2005, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

OK Guys it is offical I am selling my LCG. I ran it yesterday and it was very fast and had lots of steering. It was on rails and drove so very nice. However I am very happy with my RDX and found I don't have time for two different cars to try and setup and practice with, SO I am selling my LCG.

I am asking $365.00 shipped to the lower 48 states.
PM me for the details of what you would get.
Thanks Guys,
-SHookie <><
Old 08-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
OK Guys it is offical I am selling my LCG. I ran it yesterday and it was very fast and had lots of steering. It was on rails and drove so very nice.
-SHookie <><
Why would you sell the LCG if it is on rails? Is your RDX on rails? If they both are, then you don't need to spend you time setting up both cars, they are already setup.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default MR SHOOKIE

Can you please PM me your current setup of your LCG.

Thanks
Calvin.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
Why would you sell the LCG if it is on rails? Is your RDX on rails? If they both are, then you don't need to spend you time setting up both cars, they are already setup.
Well yes and no..
Yes the RDX is on rails,
Yes the LCG is on rails,
Yes I would have to spend time on setup as each car
Every track I go to is a little bit different and I do not have time to practice both cars because each car handles different for each track.
Plus I would rather focus all my energy into one car. I have a hard enough time getting one car ready the night before a race, could you amagine two...Sheesh not me, not anymore.
Secondly,
I like how consistant I am with a belt car. That is mainly the reason why I am not running a shaft car anymore.
Although I am keeping my Rayspeed for when I go to mexico for missions trips to entertain the children. I still like Yokomo I am not some hater or anything just that I found a better car that works for me.
-Shookie <><
Old 08-10-2005, 01:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default New steering rack

Looks like Yokomo will release a new steering rack for the LCG....
-Dave

Old 08-10-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Default LCG Steering Rack

Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
-Dave

Dave,

When will it be released? Also, where did you find this pic(proto?)?
Old 08-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

hey guys im a experienced nitro driver going to electric and im going to pick up a yokomo cgm. i would like to know what you guys think of the car?
Old 08-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

the CGM is a very nice car. I owned one that I converted to the LCG and now I bought a second because I really like the car. It's great on carpet but you can race it on asphalt aswell... I tried it a few times and was a real fun... especially with foams... If you race on asphalt try to get a LCG... It handles great on carpet and it's fast... it's just not as agressive as the CGM...

Cheers
Chris
Old 08-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speedy-932
Hi,

the CGM is a very nice car. I owned one that I converted to the LCG and now I bought a second because I really like the car. It's great on carpet but you can race it on asphalt aswell... I tried it a few times and was a real fun... especially with foams... If you race on asphalt try to get a LCG... It handles great on carpet and it's fast... it's just not as agressive as the CGM...

Cheers
Chris
Does the chassis flex hurt the LCG on carpet?
Old 08-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
-Dave

I still can't find the flanged bearings for the steering rack. Anybody have a part number or site with the part from yokomo?
Old 08-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

"Hurt" is a hard word... It depends on your driving style and what you like. I like agressive cars... the CGM is a very agressive car... but I loose a bit of corner speed because it doesn't roll enough for me... the LCG "flows" more... not as agressive as the CGM but more constant and faster... I really like the car and if you set it up correctly it will be very competitive on carpet aswell... Don't worry...

Cheers
Chris

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
Does the chassis flex hurt the LCG on carpet?
Old 08-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe mine flexes more than normal. I get more flex with this car than any other car I've ever seen or held. I can hold the shock towers and twist the chassis a good bit in each direction. I can't even make an FK05 budge using the same twisting technique. I was under the impression that a stiffer chassis is needed to keep the car from biting in the turns.

That might be why the LCG is a crazy fast car on asphalt.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Yes, it flexes a lot... more then any other car I've seen...
This was my impression on carpet... It rolls more then the CGM... If you have a carpet track in your region, go there and test it yourself...
I think it's no problem to make a stiffer chassis... it's just the money... 3.5mm lower deck and 3mm upperdeck made of bilinear CFK... that's stiff... Or you put the steering posts of the CGM between the upper deck and the steering rack... fits perfectly... I just don't have a long enough screw in my pit box to try if it will really help...

Cheers
Chris
Old 08-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aoizip
guys,

I need some help on balancing the ride height and tweak.
everytime after i set up the ride height on the car(6mm), i put it on the tweak station and adjusting the tweak side to side. I notice my ride height changes a lot from what i started(4.5mm~5mm from 6mm). that is a lot of change in ride height.

I know i'm doing something wrong. any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Ming
I found the MIP Tweek Station is really useless. Try this instead. Remove the tires and wheels, and detach the shock bottoms from the arms. Loosen all the screws in the bulkheads and top deck, slightly slam (very easy now) the chassis down on a hard flat surface. Have someone press down on the front and rear shock towers while you re-tighten all the screws. Then make sure the shock towers are correctly installed, measure distance from tops of shock towers to the board, make sure the distance is equal.

Re-install the shocks, measure the droop, put your tires back on and measure the ride height. With a hobby knife lift the front end of the car up, the front tires should lift off the board at the same time, if they don't adjust the shock collars on the rear of the car until they do. Do the same thing to the rear of the car by adjusting the front shock collars. Once everything is equal, re-adjust the ride height to about 5mm a good starting point.

Someone at your track should be able to help you with this. I have a MIP Tweak Station and if you know anybody who wants one, it is for sale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.