Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'll have to get back to you on that one.
Old 12-13-2003, 06:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST
I'll have to get back to you on that one.
Cool, if you can, please PM me once you know... be sure to get it that way.
Old 12-13-2003, 06:49 PM

Originally posted by Randman
The RS motor mount does mount differently than stock, but I didn't know that the reason behind it was to reduce twist...
I think the RS motor mount is designed to allow the chassis to flex more for asphalt. It only mounts in the center of the chassis, rather than across like the kit motor mount. This is why I've stuck with the kit motor mount on my RS chassis for carpet; it stiffens the car.

I finished converting my setup so that it's close to Tosolini's. I used AE Purple and Copper springs, SSS shocks, rear shock tower up front. I was not able to use his stood up rear shock position though (Outside top mount, and 2nd arm mount from the inside). I think because the AE springs are too long. So instead, I put the Atheena rear shock tower on to stand up the shocks. We'll see how this setup works.
Old 12-13-2003, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I haven't had any trouble running the RS Chassis with 2 upper decks on carpet with foams. But then again, I only run Stock. There's less than a handfull of people that have cracked the 9 second barrier at our track and I'm one of them.

Anyways, I ran the GT350 body today. I didn't get much time with the car as I only made it in time for 1 qualifier and the mains. So far... to me... I think this body has more steering than the Alfa 2.0. But that's just me. I just need more time with it I guess. I also switched springs on the last run to AE White Springs front and AE Purple rears. But I didn't like it. Gonna go back to my original setup.

VTL1180NY, what setup did you use? Was it on carpet? I haven't had any trouble with batteries flying out. Did you sand out the battery slots enough? I'd do what Matt said and get those Tobee Craft cell separaters to keep them from flying out. I have some, just too lazy to trim them down to fit hehe.

2Tenths, that's a good question about the shocks. I think they went with the SS Shock setup on the RS chassis/towers is because the piston will stay more of in the center of the body without the possiblity of ramming up against the bladders. But then again, if you use bump stops, this shouldn't matter anyways. Hmmmm just a guess... hehe...
Old 12-13-2003, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Cool, if you can, please PM me once you know... be sure to get it that way.
will do. I should hopefully have that info to you no later than wednesday.
Old 12-14-2003, 03:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST
will do. I should hopefully have that info to you no later than wednesday.
Good deal, thanks for your help
Old 12-14-2003, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

I did file the slots down, maybe I need to file them some more... I also tried foam between the strp and the battery and t would still slide out... Does anyone have a picture of those Tobee cell seperators, I want to see if I can maybe make something myself, there just isn't a hell of a lot of room...

I was having a lot of troubles with my setup, it was just not stiff enough for carpet. I changed to the knuckles at the same time as a drastic setup change so I don't really know if I can give an accurate thought on the knuckles by themselves...

2tenths, I ended up laying the rear shock down one hole to get the ride height below 6mm...
Old 12-14-2003, 05:56 AM
Tech Addict

Anybody seen this chassis b4?

take a look at this chassis, i think its from Kai or somebody? looks pretty sweet tho,

here

Sleighty
Old 12-14-2003, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by vtl1180ny
Does anyone have a picture of those Tobee cell seperators, I want to see if I can maybe make something myself, there just isn't a hell of a lot of room...

I've also cut the ends off of some ball ends and used that.
Old 12-14-2003, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

The ball ends sound like a good idea.. I finally snapped a ball end yesterday that was on its way out and picked up the RMP one's that I'm installing sometime this week so I'm going to have a bunch of the stock one's and nothng to do with them...
Old 12-14-2003, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

RPM Nuts works too
Old 12-14-2003, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Anybody seen this chassis b4?

Originally posted by Sleighty
take a look at this chassis, i think its from Kai or somebody? looks pretty sweet tho,

here

Sleighty
Yes, I've seen this picture before, though I haven't seen the car in person. It's a conversion made by Kai, I believe it uses the SD drivetrain with Tamiya suspension. It's supposed to be really expensive. My friend's friend has this car, and says it works well.
Old 12-14-2003, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Jst got home from the race.. No foams because noone was running them so i ran with Sorex 28Rs.. The car is pretty dialed now with th sorex tires. The only real problem i had was the balance. It oversteered like hell and by put tire traction on just the rear tires it ran pretty good.

I finished 7th in the Mod A-Main with racers i regularly position in 3~4 with the Xray.. But 26th-28th December it's one more race where i hope i'm going to find the best balance..
I will try to post my setup l8r!

BTW, i ran with SSG Chassies with Rayspeed Shock towers
Old 12-14-2003, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Good deal, thanks for your help
no need to thank me. If I didn't respond Mo or Matt would have taken care of you. It will be some good fun and hopefully you won't laugh too hard when I'm announcing....LOL I get a chuckle or two out of most racers
Old 12-14-2003, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

Default Cleaning out the bearings

What is the best way to get the stock lube out of the bearings, and what is the best oil to put in them after you clean them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.