Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Phi

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Well you set yourself up by prefacing your first response as "Im not trying to be a dick" and proceeded to sound like one.Then you dispense with the pleasantries and basically tell everyone they are wrong and you know everything even though you were not there.Is it any wonder these other guys chimed in,in James defense just because? Btw James you did a great job with what you had.I doubt this guy could have did any better.Oh I forgot he won 13.5 at the carpet nats.He must know everything.

Originally Posted by Josh H
God forbid a team guy tries to point you in the right direction..........I sat down for 2 hours and talked to an invite driver about track conditions and setup changes. Everything I posted applies to those conditions.

I can tell you none of the invite guys went crazy on springs (certainly not 8 lbs change)Why is that........do they not know what they are doing???

Corally collectively got their ass's kicked at this race............is it because the car is no good..........hell no, its won everywhere else.................its because nobody nailed the setup.

Take my advice for what it is..........ADVICE............if you don't want to listen thats fine with me..............but do not try and tell me I don't know what i'm talking about, I did my research before posting
Old 06-01-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I still blame the inserts in the handout tires for making the setups so elusive.

Yes, the narrow front end was a good call. After widening my Phi's front end, I did lose some steering; but, the car was very good that way on the one Sat night qualifier. Go figure.

Still learned a lot about the car...And how shock oils affect the handling...following both James' and Josh's leads.

And we do have the Speedworld Cup Race in July to give it another go. Hopefully, on another tire/insert/wheel combo because it will likely be blazing hot.

FYI...Used the entire SW setup on RP36 premount tires yesterday at NorCal and the car was good. Ended up with 55/40 wt shock oil and 75-100% rebound for the conditions by the end of testing.

Bill
Old 06-01-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

I also noted that Tos didn't use the servo posts and had his JR servo glued to his chassis plate. He said it was "superglued" in place. Is that the correct glue to use for that? Is there any chassis prep to do that?

I am asking because I did buy one of the JR super servos. Unfortunately, using the standard mounts, the servo saver greatly conflicts with the top deck. Didn't want to modify the deck to accommodate the servo saver.

FYI...Tos doesn't use a servo saver. Has a straight arm.

Bill
Old 06-01-2008, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by racenut123
Well you set yourself up by prefacing your first response as "Im not trying to be a dick" and proceeded to sound like one.Then you dispense with the pleasantries and basically tell everyone they are wrong and you know everything even though you were not there.Is it any wonder these other guys chimed in,in James defense just because? Btw James you did a great job with what you had.I doubt this guy could have did any better.Oh I forgot he won 13.5 at the carpet nats.He must know everything.
Hey, YOU don't even own a Corally. Go play with the Schumie guys...LOL

We know they can both wheel a car because they both have Carpet Nats credentials. A little disagreement about setups just gives me more things to try.

Last edited by Still Bill; 06-01-2008 at 07:56 AM.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Boadazofa
Hi guys i am new to on road and have just bought a second hand but new phi eu spec.

I will be running this on carpet though.
should i get the chassis stiffner and the thicker top deck to run on carpet?

dont want to go though all the pages so i was wondering what would be a good starting setup for carpet. I have all diff options for the front, Diff, oneway, spool.

foam or rubber tyres?

general setup: camber, caster, shocks etc etc.

thanks in advance

peter
Peter,

Check out Josh's two rubber tire setups for carpet that he posted on this thread on 3/18/08. Just page back to them.

I have yet to see anyone use the chassis stiffener for any rubber setups. Assume that it is more for carpet foam guys.

It is worthwhile to skim through this whole string for Phi setup information. Just start at the beginning and be selective about what posts are worth your attention.

Bill
Old 06-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

God forbid a team guy tries to point you in the right direction..........I sat down for 2 hours and talked to an invite driver about track conditions and setup changes. Everything I posted applies to those conditions.

I can tell you none of the invite guys went crazy on springs (certainly not 8 lbs change)Why is that........do they not know what they are doing???

Corally collectively got their ass's kicked at this race............is it because the car is no good..........hell no, its won everywhere else.................its because nobody nailed the setup.

Take my advice for what it is..........ADVICE............if you don't want to listen thats fine with me..............but do not try and tell me I don't know what i'm talking about, I did my research before posting
Point taken. I think a lot of us went to the race with a lot of confidence and ideas similar to what you talked about and the ideas went out the window and our timing was off when the track changed so much. You are wrong about the invite guys too, many were struggling, not just the corally guys and Toso was trying spring changes and seeing what we were doing too. We were all struggling, even other teams- those who adapted at the right time did better. Hara went out to practice with 2 cars with diff set ups on diff cars he swapped to get a feel. 8 lb change was not that uncommon at this race (yeah somewhere else where the track was more stable that would have been crazy to try)- what was uncommon was how much the track changed and we went to some drastic measures. 60 degree swing in track temp alone (120f- 60f). Believe me, I shot most of the cars in the pits, and guys were throwing all sorts of ideas at their cars. I think most drivers in the event ran a different set up every run, those who nailed it came out better.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Josh.... I think its time you came back to XRay... these Corally guys seem to think your stu... uh... uninformed
Old 06-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ottoman
Hey Josh.... I think its time you came back to XRay... these Corally guys seem to think your stu... uh... uninformed
Ottoman,

I see you're still up to the same old tricks of the Losi days...Now THAT car could frustrate.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I didn't change my car one bit after the 8th round of practice. It was exactly the same all through the actual race. Its not a Corally its just a crappy Losi though so take it for what its worth. I also ran a similar setup to what I have run on other tracks. Just a few changes.

PS. James your car looked good.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Ottoman,

I see you're still up to the same old tricks of the Losi days...Now THAT car could frustrate.
Naw... just sticking up for my boy

I really want him back running XRay... he was a BIG help to us when we ran a Corally. To have him and Lemieux at our home track helping with setups would be great

I just dont see him getting much respect from his fellow Corally guys and that seems strange to me
Old 06-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I didn't change my car one bit after the 8th round of practice. It was exactly the same all through the actual race. Its not a Corally its just a crappy Losi though so take it for what its worth. I also ran a similar setup to what I have run on other tracks. Just a few changes.

PS. James your car looked good.
So lets get this straight..............You showed up at a national race with your baseline setup............made a few changes during practice and then proceded to leave your setup the same for these 60 deg track temp changes during racing? And you did this with a crappy losi car?

Well thats just crazy..........you must have been in the c-main or even d-main with a crazy game plan like that. I think I need to see where this L. Fairtrace guy finished...............let me go check liverc.com

OK i'm back from liverc and I found out the craziest thing......this L Fairtrace guy did pretty good, in fact it looks like he dominated the "A" main

So I guess the bottom line here is don't go overboard with changes and dial yourself out. But what the hell do I know.....i'm not a west coast superstar........because we all know if it doesn't happen on the west coast it didn't really happen.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Old 06-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Rookie

So lets get this straight..............You showed up at a national race with your baseline setup............made a few changes during practice and then proceded to leave your setup the same for these 60 deg track temp changes during racing? And you did this with a crappy losi car?

Well thats just crazy..........you must have been in the c-main or even d-main with a crazy game plan like that. I think I need to see where this L. Fairtrace guy finished...............let me go check liverc.com

OK i'm back from liverc and I found out the craziest thing......this L Fairtrace guy did pretty good, in fact it looks like he dominated the "A" main

So I guess the bottom line here is don't go overboard with changes and dial yourself out. But what the hell do I know.....i'm not a west coast superstar........because we all know if it doesn't happen on the west coast it didn't really happen.
Your problem is that you ONLY race on the rug..

Sure you won a couple of races but "who" was there?

And rubber tire on carpet is the "offical" sandbagger class at any Big race..

I guess if you got game come on out the the Nats and get smoked by the West coast ..

Ya Dig....
Old 06-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Yo Doot!
Your problem is that you ONLY race on the rug..

Sure you won a couple of races but "who" was there?

And rubber tire on carpet is the "offical" sandbagger class at any Big race..

I guess if you got game come on out the the Nats and get smoked by the West coast ..

Ya Dig....
Old 06-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Wow. I would definitely not call Josh H a sandbagger by any means. He was in the mains when he ran foams and is in the mains when he runs rubber. I guess EJ Evans and Jason Ertrachter are slouches? There were quite a few heavy hitters in the main at the carpet nationals.

Give the guy a break. He is out here every day trying to help people with their set up.

Don't sweat it Josh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.