Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I find this interesting john, as I've had 2 type-r's and never had this issue even on foam. Are you using losi bearings in the knuckles? I almost always still need a shim behind the pin on my axles.
Mike take out the hub from the car and try rotate with a wheel on it, with or with out shims don't matter but with shim(s) are worse. you will see what I mean. I tried with genuine Losi BB and ceramics all same.

Originally Posted by vabroom
http://www.rctech.net/forum/6318087-post174.html

Anyone in the know if there's any truth to this? You can still order it from Horizon, maybe they're trying to get rid of the last of them?
I dont know what hes been smoking but that stuff is toxic.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6318087-post174.html

Anyone in the know if there's any truth to this? You can still order it from Horizon, maybe they're trying to get rid of the last of them?
Did you finish reading the other thread?

Already answered on that one.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
I have found lightly sanding the back of the allum. hexes really helps solve the grinding feeling. After I started doing this there ultra smooth feeling now on front.......
I don't even bother sanding the aluminum hex adaptor, I simply sand the injection molding seam on the plastic hub. Takes two seconds with some light sandpaper.

I found this out swapping hubs between my Type-R and mid-motor JRXS, but it isn't a big deal.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
I don't even bother sanding the aluminum hex adaptor, I simply sand the injection molding seam on the plastic hub. Takes two seconds with some light sandpaper.

I found this out swapping hubs between my Type-R and mid-motor JRXS, but it isn't a big deal.
so you use a plastic set? dont they pop out when you take a wheel out?

also waht do you mean by swapping between type-r and pro's hub? they are same hub, ain't it?

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 09-08-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lidebt2
Did you finish reading the other thread?

Already answered on that one.
Nothing new posted, the only answer is the one I posted.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default 17.5 jaco blue setup

Originally Posted by John Tag
I personally like a solid not twitchy car also. Little stable not on edge. I run 15 springs all around, High roll centers all around, 40/45 oil, 3mm droop over RH, Stock shock location,Ball stud w/inside top front,4/b rear link, .040 front and rear bars, 1* rear block, short rear and med front wheel base. 4Caster Blocks,Spool 41T, Rear Diff high, front 3/4 highw/41T. 104/50 REG speedo,112/47 With Timming Boost.

Just something to try...
Jon, I put the basic components on the car and liked the feel. oil is at 45/35 and inside lower front camber link. The car feels smooth. Took out 1mm front droop for more on power steering but the major difference is that I have a 42T one way in the car. Gearing was money. That's what I have in the car now anyways. Thanks for the setup, I though I'd give it a try since 1/2 our racers are in Vegas so tonight was a perfect night to practice.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Nothing new posted, the only answer is the one I posted.
I posted, thanks for the heads up. Gotta love rumors .
Old 09-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Oh by the way, YmeBP, what size teeth are the spurs and pinions on your website?
Old 09-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Oh by the way, YmeBP, what size teeth are the spurs and pinions on your website?
48 or 64 on the spurs. 64 only on the pinions. The pinions are a sight man .. these things are sweeeeet!!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by YmeBP
48 or 64 on the spurs. 64 only on the pinions. The pinions are a sight man .. these things are sweeeeet!!
Sorry, I should have wrote it this - Your site doesn't seem to let you choose how many teeth you want.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I find this interesting john, as I've had 2 type-r's and never had this issue even on foam. Are you using losi bearings in the knuckles? I almost always still need a shim behind the pin on my axles.
Same here... I always use the shims to get rid of play. Its possible you have bad bearings although if there are a few of you with the same problem then that is less likely. I'll have a closer look myself during my next rebuild.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe

I do that also...I take away about .3mm off face of hub where outside bearing is. When completed the outside bearing shoulder is slightly exposed...
Old 09-09-2009, 03:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz406
Jon, I put the basic components on the car and liked the feel. oil is at 45/35 and inside lower front camber link. The car feels smooth. Took out 1mm front droop for more on power steering but the major difference is that I have a 42T one way in the car. Gearing was money. That's what I have in the car now anyways. Thanks for the setup, I though I'd give it a try since 1/2 our racers are in Vegas so tonight was a perfect night to practice.
Glad ya liked it..I also run lower inside link in front outdoors..I love the extreme high speed steering it gives....
Old 09-09-2009, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
so you use a plastic set? dont they pop out when you take a wheel out?

also waht do you mean by swapping between type-r and pro's hub? they are same hub, ain't it?
Just as I said, I use the aluminum hex adaptors but instead of sanding aluminum I simply sand down the hub (which is made from plastic).

And yes, the hubs on the Type-R are the same hubs found on the original JRXS mid-motor chassis, but I didn't assemble my Type-R, so I didn't notice the difference in pin location until recently.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Sorry, I should have wrote it this - Your site doesn't seem to let you choose how many teeth you want.
Yes, I'm working on that, sorry about that I should have that updated tonight. This store software takes some work to get things just right . I still have broken images and such all over the place and some of my ordering options are not showing up the way I intended ... work in progress but i'll get that updated tonight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.