Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Drsmooth, is that an exotek topdeck? Or is that your own design? I remember a few posts back you said you wanted more chassis flex, just curious.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi All,

Just ordered mine & would like to know what is the biggest capacity lipo that i can fit in this kit without modifling? Any recommendation? thanks you very much!!! Appreciate your help!!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default lipo

not sure if u mean physical dimensions or S rating. I recommend getting a low profile servo as i found that it is a tight fit w/a regular servo. The horn keeps rubbing against the back of my lipo. I changed to a Futaba S9551 and now, all my lipos can fit.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Could not resist the $199 price tag, will have my new JRX-S Type R on wednesday
What would be a decent all around tire for cold weather?? Going to be running indoor on a very smooth underground parking lot and am not sure if I should go with foams or rubber? Will be racing carpet once and a while so I will find out what the club runs but for now I just want a tire that will last a while, have decent traction and is reasonably inexpensive. Also wondering if the Protoform R9-F is a good body for carpet racing? Can't wait for Wednesday
Old 10-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default Exotek topdeck

Hi all,

I had the chance the run with the new Exotek topdeck today. All I can say is woooow, the result is impressing if you are using rubbers. The setup needs to be changed completely but in the end you will get a better steering and easier to drive car.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

What Setup would be recommended?
Old 10-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

I've just sent you an email. If you just change the topdeck the first impression will be huge push, but if you compensate it with some adjustments then

Originally Posted by 3rd-dan
What Setup would be recommended?
Old 10-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

I ran my type-r for the first time today, I've had it for a few years, but only recently had the opportunity to run it.

I ran the old JRXS years with some awesome results, but this car feels way better already.

Only one problem though, I can get the diff tight without it stripping the outdrive, the diff wasn't even close to not slipping before it stripped. I don't understand why they don't have a captured nut like the old car.

I managed to do a 'track repair' by using belleville washers, which meant the screw past all the way through the outdrive, with the spring it doesn't seem to come far enough through, I still don't think its right though.

Any ideas chaps?
Old 10-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flyintrtle
Drsmooth, is that an exotek topdeck? Or is that your own design? I remember a few posts back you said you wanted more chassis flex, just curious.
This is of my own design. Designed this for the Micro RS4 about 6 years ago & it worked great on that car. So I thought it would work great on the Type R too. It did! No tweaks or setup changes were required. Just gave the car more on power steering. Just made a sweet car super sweet.
Here's the original.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-picture-005.jpg  
Old 10-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dmakrc
not sure if u mean physical dimensions or S rating. I recommend getting a low profile servo as i found that it is a tight fit w/a regular servo. The horn keeps rubbing against the back of my lipo. I changed to a Futaba S9551 and now, all my lipos can fit.
yeah, I'm interested to know about the dimensions too! Thanks!

Current cells are between 23mm ~25mm height

Last edited by cheapskate.brok; 10-25-2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Hello Jamin,

It's very much depends on how you build diff. Also on the grease you are using. If you look closely the 2 sides of the diff rings are different. One has a more round edge inside while the other is more sharp. I use this sharp side against the balls and also of course sand them on a flat surface to be sure they are perfectly flat. I suggest to use AE clear grease on the balls and black on the thurst. Finally, use Tamiya AG grease 54032 between the diff house-brass ring-diff ring. With this method you can achieve the same tightness with much less load on the balls. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by J A M I N
I ran my type-r for the first time today, I've had it for a few years, but only recently had the opportunity to run it.

I ran the old JRXS years with some awesome results, but this car feels way better already.

Only one problem though, I can get the diff tight without it stripping the outdrive, the diff wasn't even close to not slipping before it stripped. I don't understand why they don't have a captured nut like the old car.

I managed to do a 'track repair' by using belleville washers, which meant the screw past all the way through the outdrive, with the spring it doesn't seem to come far enough through, I still don't think its right though.

Any ideas chaps?
Old 10-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mira5489
Hi All,

Just ordered mine & would like to know what is the biggest capacity lipo that i can fit in this kit without modifling? Any recommendation? thanks you very much!!! Appreciate your help!!
The Thunder Power 40c 50c and the brand new 65c all use the same case and all will fit without any modifications.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Are low profile steering servo's a must have with the JRXS Type R?

Thanks
Old 10-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Midget
Are low profile steering servo's a must have with the JRXS Type R?

Thanks
No, there are shims provided with the kit to space out the servo from the battery. I'm using a clunky futaba 9451 and have been for a while.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply mojoman.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.