Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

The best balance of the car is having the speedo, brushless or brushed on the left side, especially since the servo is set off to the right. Abiye is dead on. That is where you want your speedo.

Abiye: very nice pics and very clean chassis.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

What's the deal with the one-way. Is there anything special you have to do to it to prolong its life. I've seen one used two race days and it locked up. It's done, finito! $45 down the tubes. Has anyone else had this happen and how do you ensure your one way lasts a long time.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sigearhead
The best balance of the car is having the speedo, brushless or brushed on the left side, especially since the servo is set off to the right. Abiye is dead on. That is where you want your speedo.

I agree about the balance with the speedo on the left, but I think when you add the weight of all the wire it becomes left side heavy. I'm using 14ga wire and have the speedo (sp gt) on the right side with the wires routed in kind of an "s" curve going from the speedo under the top decs and then from just in front of the left rear brace curved around to the motor. Car balances out with 1/2 oz on left side inline with the servo.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by billbill4u
I am afraid I cutting too much from the lipo, would you tell me how much I can sand or give me the photo of it? thx!
The case is just over a mm thick. I used a Dremel and then finished with a sanding stick. There is a slight gap between the cells and the case the thickness of servo tape.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sigearhead

I put my car on the balance pin with servo and motor but no Receiver and esc. It was was more heavy on the left side I guess it due to the motor being more on the left.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Can you use servo tape to scure your servo or can you just use screws? The reason i ask is that my servo got a tab broken of of it last time and i dont know if i can get a replacemnt for it.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:18 AM
Tech Regular

Talking lipo

How well does the trackpower 4900MAH lipo fit??
Old 02-11-2008, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racingboy14
Can you use servo tape to scure your servo or can you just use screws? The reason i ask is that my servo got a tab broken of of it last time and i dont know if i can get a replacemnt for it.
Most servo manufacturers will sell the servo case by itself. Servo tape is not a good idea. Replacing just the case and mounting the servo with the mounts is the cheapest most efficient way to ensure your car runs properly.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

well you all have tested and are saying its better on the left side.so how much weight you adding to the right side to mkae it more even?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Initiate

if you look on the pictures i posted above, there are six 7g (.25oz) lead weights on the right hand side... if you put them where i put them (5 behind the antenna and one behind the motor) you will get 50/50 balance front and rear as well as left and right... depending on what receiver and servo you are using, your car may balance differently... i'm using KO PDS-2413 ICS low profile servo and the spektrum micro receiver... the car with the orion 3200 and normal body still comes in at 1310g..
Old 02-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blwn06
I run the speed passion gt system with the speed passion 2.5R
the only thing i'm trying to do is get the gearing right, can't get a small enough pinion on the motor cause the motor hits on the pully on the layshaft, orded the prs racing spur hopefully i can gear it right, tell ya what tho, it's stupidly fast!!!
yes the 2.5 is very fast ,on the type R you can run a 134 spur all i did to make it work is that i took a little bit of oof the chassis to prevent the spur from touching it,with that spur i could easily get in the high 13's fdr
Old 02-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Morris,
To drop my .02 in the bucket. I have been running a GTB SS with a 13.5. I have removed the fan and heatsink(replacing just an aluminum cap) and have mounted it on top of the top deck as far forward as possible. I then mounted a Spektrum 3500 drivers left forward. The motor leads I ran right down the middle of the top deck. This has worked well and as of three race weekends I have had no trouble with the ESC thermaling. The balance is really almost perfect and I think the ESC being up on top is helping with the cooling. If you are running less than a 13.5 turn I would be leery of this as obviously heat could become an issue quickly but my experience so far has been good(Knock on wood)
Old 02-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blwn06
How well does the trackpower 4900MAH lipo fit??
I had to remove the heat shrink from the back inch of the pack or it would hit the rear bulkheads, after that it fits like a glove.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thugs Bunny
Morris,
To drop my .02 in the bucket. I have been running a GTB SS with a 13.5. I have removed the fan and heatsink(replacing just an aluminum cap) and have mounted it on top of the top deck as far forward as possible. I then mounted a Spektrum 3500 drivers left forward. The motor leads I ran right down the middle of the top deck. This has worked well and as of three race weekends I have had no trouble with the ESC thermaling. The balance is really almost perfect and I think the ESC being up on top is helping with the cooling. If you are running less than a 13.5 turn I would be leery of this as obviously heat could become an issue quickly but my experience so far has been good(Knock on wood)
i appreciate all the info...i am using the airtronics servo with the blue heat sink istalled on it.im not sure which number it is.i am using the micro spektrum rx.i am using 4200 batts as well.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah I'm using a KO 2123 and Lipo, but the components should be pretty close. The battery I'm using requires a lot of extra weight that will be made up by Chris Doseks tray when they get here and for know with long strips of lead placed equally along the sides in the middle of the wheelbase.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.