Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I will be there J, but you do know Pooky is no longer allowed to talk to us. He bailed on the Type R and is now a Stallion boy!!

I am not gonna miss my third year at this race no matter where I finish in it.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just got this kit and about to start building. Should I seal all the CF parts with CA? Also any other build tips in general? Thanks guys
Old 08-24-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Does anybody have a good asphalt/foam oneway setup, or maybe a few tips for setting up a car with oneway.
I'm also buying a new body, which one of these would you recommend:
-Protoform Mazda 6
-Protoform MazdaSpeed 6
-HB Moore-Speed Mazda 6
-HB EU Moore-Speed Mazda 6 MPS

or maybe something else.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by odoylrulz
Just got this kit and about to start building. Should I seal all the CF parts with CA? Also any other build tips in general? Thanks guys
Yeah, lightly sand and seal the edges of the CF parts. it will pay for itself in the long run. Just be patient and take your time to build. Nothing too complicated.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is my rubber ready JRXS Type-Red

Jon Gagnon
Old 08-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

That looks pretty cool... I've got a quick Q? the car uses metric axles now right? will tamiya wheel nuts fit on the car? Just ordered my type r and trying to get my own colours on the car and i've got heaps of tamiya coloured wheel nuts lying round here.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by $$$...
That looks pretty cool... I've got a quick Q? the car uses metric axles now right? will tamiya wheel nuts fit on the car? Just ordered my type r and trying to get my own colours on the car and i've got heaps of tamiya coloured wheel nuts lying round here.
Yep, Metric wheel nuts.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

can anyone tell me what are all the drilled an countersunk holes for on the sides of the chassis. was there any plans for maybe a BL speedo mount or just antenna positions
Old 08-25-2007, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
can anyone tell me what are all the drilled an countersunk holes for on the sides of the chassis. was there any plans for maybe a BL speedo mount or just antenna positions
Screw in weights I think was a possiblity.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I think maybe my one-way is defective. :-(

As soon as I opened the package, I noticed that two of the little... ball type things that are inside the one-way bearings were loose, and they fell right out. I tried to get them back in there but it was impossible. I went ahead and assembled it anyway, and it felt fine. Now that I've got the car all built, the side where the pins fell out doesn't free spin nearly as long as the other side. It still seems to be working, but it's not at all even.

So, two questions. First, how important is it for a one-way to free spin evenly from side to side? My RDX one-way was never even either. Second, was that bearing defective? Is there some kind of warranty or option for replacing it? I doubt I could ever get the normal bearings out of the hub again, so I'd probably have to return the whole thing and skip a week of racing. Maybe I should PM Todd?
Old 08-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I think maybe my one-way is defective. :-(

As soon as I opened the package, I noticed that two of the little... ball type things that are inside the one-way bearings were loose, and they fell right out. I tried to get them back in there but it was impossible. I went ahead and assembled it anyway, and it felt fine. Now that I've got the car all built, the side where the pins fell out doesn't free spin nearly as long as the other side. It still seems to be working, but it's not at all even.

So, two questions. First, how important is it for a one-way to free spin evenly from side to side? My RDX one-way was never even either. Second, was that bearing defective? Is there some kind of warranty or option for replacing it? I doubt I could ever get the normal bearings out of the hub again, so I'd probably have to return the whole thing and skip a week of racing. Maybe I should PM Todd?
Well, let me tell you how it is. Since this is nothing more then the old oneway with the bearings reversed, it is very possible yours is defective. They had issues with the first ones on the old car as well. I noticed that the rollers can come out of the bearings pretty easily on this one as well as the last one, but I never had any fall out such as you. Contact Todd and he will more then likely send you a new one out. I got a replacement for my one on the old car when it had issues also.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Tech Lord

Yea, the rollers came right out as soon as I pulled it from the package. Does that cause the uneven spinning? Will it screw me for club racing this week if it's not even?
Old 08-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Yea, the rollers came right out as soon as I pulled it from the package. Does that cause the uneven spinning? Will it screw me for club racing this week if it's not even?
I can't honestly say since mine was not that bad. You would just have to try it and see. Sorry for not having a clearer answer for you.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Lord

No problem, I'll give it a shot. I've only tried rubber tires a few times a long time ago, so it honestly probably won't matter too much this first week out.

I need to get a picture of the car, I've got the wiring looking pretty good.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Lord

Default Show Us Your Whip

With the new season coming up, it seems like a good time for car pictures. Here's mine, nearly ready for some rubber tire racing. I need to get another sway bar set for the front, though.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-img_9817.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-img_9818.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.