Search

New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Talking

Hey Marty,
PM sent. I also think you are doing the best you can with MLP. I know for a fact that none of us could do what you are doing and not lose our heads. I know that you are doing it for love of the hobby and the pics. keep looking better Thanks for the time you have put in these cars. I know we will really appreciate it when we get our cars.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:17 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Marty I don't think you need to explain. Anyone in this hobby with any knowledge knows manufactures, even big ones don't make more than about 50 bucks on a kit. The money is made in parts!!!!!!!!! I work at a hobbyshop from time to time when my buddy needs help and rest assured no one is getting rich by selling cars. To only make 30 to 50 bucks on 400 bucks sucks in terms or time put in to make so little.

I don't even run for Marty or even know him but I will say it is easy to see they guy likes to do this, why else would he put up with it to make so little.

Lets face it Marty has a better chance to get rich by playing the lottery than by venturing into the R/C car market. It was alot easier 20 years ago to do well in the R/C industry because we had way less companies to buy from and not near as many cars to choose from back in the day. It is harder than ever these days to make it in the little niche of R/C cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Last edited by big-al; 12-14-2006 at 05:25 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Marty I don't think you need to explain. Anyone in this hobby with any knowledge knows manufactures, even big ones don't make more than about 50 bucks on a kit. The money is made in parts!!!!!!!!! I work at a hobbyshop from time to time when my buddy needs help and rest assured no one is getting rich by selling cars. To only make 30 to 50 bucks on 400 bucks sucks in terms or time put in to make so little.

I don't even run for Marty or even know him but I will say it is easy to see they guy likes to do this, why else would he put up with it to make so little.

Lets face it Marty has a better chance to get rich by playing the lottery than by venturing into the R/C car market. It was alot easier 20 years ago to do well in the R/C industry because we had way less companies to buy from and not near as many cars to choose from back in the day. It is harder than ever these days to make it in the little niche of R/C cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Your right wyd and I do not feel to good to day and I guess I should not even be here I might type something I can not take back

I also work at a hobby shop now full time and to go from over 75,000. a year to 12,000. a year is hard as well Now I know why the wife thinks I am Crazy
Old 12-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRFMAD
Hey Marty
Mate the car look's great, it is so good to see someone follow there dream's. I have been reading your thread for some time and can really see the hard work you are doing.
Keep up the great work,
Best wishes and have a great christmas
Addam smith
Hi Marty
I am a 42 year old golf pro who does well for himself now , I followed my dream 20 years ago when I was always having people say do it this way, no do it that way.I started with nothing. Do not let people get to you like Nexxus, he is proberly a 20 year old who has no idea about building a bussiness up.
Nexxus, Marty has done something here, but it takes a lot of Time and money to get the car ready for production, What Marty is doing is doing it right the first time and not thinking about the $$$$$. If you read every post. What you are doing is fantastic. I am blown away at what the car design has to offer. I use to race a Audi on the track and if I just went out and tried to prove how fast the car could go with testing it and getting it right I would be dead right now.
One thing here that is so important is you are getting a car right before you get it out on the market, Not just thinking about making the $$$$. I really admire you for this. I race Tamiya MSX and you try to get customer service here in Australia, you try to get part's here. You can not. It suck's.
I like a lot what you are doing and you are thinking outside the circle.
I also think by January you will have another person waiting to buy one of your car's.
ME!
Best wishes
Addam Smith
Old 12-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

How many of your cars will be represented at the novak race?
Old 12-11-2006, 04:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

First of all, I think what you're doing is a good idea, and I have no issues with MLP or it's product, tough work and it'll take time to get the idea out there.

BUT

...and it's a big but.

I suggest you have no idea what your "Team Driver" is telling people on msn, local forums etc. Perhaps you need to look into it. I am happy to email logs etc

because right now, he's turned MLP into a "My Little Pony" laughing stock before it's had a chance to prove or disprove itself otherwise, and with all your hard work, that's certainly not fair on you.

We all take a risk deciding who represents us or a product, and I think for anyone wanting to represent someone else, diplomacy is the first quality you'd need.

Which is why, by my own admission I could never do it I'd prefer to be upfront though so if you want to discuss anything further, feel free to PM me.

Oh and a side note to "TRFMAD" I'm 29, have qualifications in Accounting and Business Law and have run my own business as well as do accounts for my partner's business. Please don't assume to know me.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

You and other people at my racing club give my shit about MLP and call it "my little Pony" which i think is very disrespectful and trying to say i dont race as i havent recieved my car.
It is none of your business what me and Marty do, and it is of no concern to you about how i am sponsored, what i get, and what i do.

I bet you could not do nearly as much as Marty has done and you think your big time because im just a kid and you have "power".

4. I have never said anything bad about MLP and NEVER! will and these names you guys call MLP are just stupid and childish.

Jamie
Old 12-12-2006, 12:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jamie814340
You and other people at my racing club give my shit about MLP and call it "my little Pony" which i think is very disrespectful and trying to say i dont race as i havent recieved my car.
It is none of your business what me and Marty do, and it is of no concern to you about how i am sponsored, what i get, and what i do.

I bet you could not do nearly as much as Marty has done and you think your big time because im just a kid and you have "power".

4. I have never said anything bad about MLP and NEVER! will and these names you guys call MLP are just stupid and childish.

Jamie
Jamie let it go do not worry about them be cool keep your head on and let them say what they want to ok.

They got that from doing a web search on MLP I thought my self of calling it something else!

So just hang in there your car should ship Friday and when you get it go down to the track and Get some good testing in before racing ok.

And take this little pony and do the best you can with it ok. you need to be above it!

Even if they act like this ok.

Plus all it is not the first time I am hearing this ok it holds no water with me ok.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Cool Marty, Cant wait to get the car and ill post about it when i test it out.
Jamie
Old 12-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Lets bring this thread to the top Any more news anyone? Oly did you get your car yet?
Old 12-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Marty any pics? Pics would be awsome.
Jamie
Old 12-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Keep your cool jamie just beat them at the track and let see who's the little pony
Old 12-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default pics to come

hey guys
I'll post some pics up probably this weekend. I need to find some spare time to install the brushless setup (13.5 motor). Hopefully will get to run this weekend but can't promise..it's busy season at work for me.

Everyone please remember Marty is trying to catch up on backorders...so hopefully he'll get everything out and then retool ..for some nice bling parts.

Can't speak for everyone but I like to try different things so I'll be putting the car thru the paces and see what I come up with.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Well After change and after more change this is the carpet setup that will be shipping out to you Guy's Friday ok.

I have made upper deck after upper deck and I am done!!! this is going to be the best for now I will make the one piece upper deck and send them to you free but this is how it is shipping.

3mm lower and a 2.5mm upper ok.

I will be making New Bridge bocks tonight for the motor mount out of Aluminum and Thursday night putting the finishing touches on the cars and shipping them Friday and posting pictures of all the cars as a group Friday night ok.

Here are some pictures and one of Freds as well. (he did the samething)

I do want all of you to understand I had all of the Chassis and parts to make this car when we started!!! but Changing it to a carpet car and problems did hold things up. I should have just sold the cars the way they were and had one person test the car for carpet and moved forward from there.

But everyone wanted a carpet car so we all had to wait and we are back to the car I started out with almost!

Drive this post what you feel about it and what you think you would need for it to be better ok.

OLY did get his car I would say he feels so so about it but his car was a one off of this and I am sure there will also be some bugs! to work out.

All I can say for now is you can win on Asphalt with the way this car was!

I hope what we did made it better for carpet without testing only you all will find out ok.

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 08-03-2008 at 12:40 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.