Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree198Likes

XPRESS Execute XQ2S

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Soul Surfer
Did you install roll bar kit XP-10326? If so, double check to make sure you've got the roll bars installed in the correct locations. The rears are longer than the fronts.
Yes I did, but find it annoying that I have to pop off the ball joints to adjust the length. And even if you do, you are almost forced to make a complete turn on the ball cup which might be too much. This is not an issue if you have absolutely no tweak in your bar or if your car is perfect across the axle. But if you have to make an adjustment this system is not ideal.
The 10R system is a more logical solution (more like what I have on my xray) and i've implemented it, but the length of the sway bar is a bit longer than needed which means as one arm goes up, the ball joints would be pushed even further back than it already is. The only way I see to get the assembly to be perfectly vertical would be to trim the bar back a little. In the images it hard to see, but the joint are not straight up and down which is what I would prefer. .

Old 02-28-2022, 07:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ntc3freak
Where are you seeing the bit where XP-10634 are required? Asking because I also plan to use XP-10652 with the XQ2S roll-bars. Have already ordered XP-40052 and XP-10239 along with it, but this is the first time I am seeing this info about XP-10634.
The 10mm grey XP-10634 ends are listed in the XQ10 manual and are the lower ones installed on the arms. Sorry if I caused any confusion as I just realized the black sway bar kit ends are 10mm as well. However the screw lengths and the gap dimensions between the links are totally different. I was just going by the manual just to make sure.

Originally Posted by IslandBwoy
Yes I did, but find it annoying that I have to pop off the ball joints to adjust the length. And even if you do, you are almost forced to make a complete turn on the ball cup which might be too much. This is not an issue if you have absolutely no tweak in your bar or if your car is perfect across the axle. But if you have to make an adjustment this system is not ideal.
The 10R system is a more logical solution (more like what I have on my xray) and i've implemented it, but the length of the sway bar is a bit longer than needed which means as one arm goes up, the ball joints would be pushed even further back than it already is. The only way I see to get the assembly to be perfectly vertical would be to trim the bar back a little. In the images it hard to see, but the joint are not straight up and down which is what I would prefer. .

I know what you mean. I spent a good couple hours Saturday night getting mine sorted. If you need to cut them without applying pressure, a Dremel with a cutting disk might be a good option.
ntc3freak likes this.
Old 02-28-2022, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

I make my own bars from spring steel at the LHS. Just have to make sure they are flat on your setup board before installing.

Just need the red thing to center the bar in the bulkhead. I also use the gray end links because you have to be able to tweak your sway bar, otherwise you won't get any sleep the night before a race. 👍
Old 03-01-2022, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

I wonder if getting the roll-bars set from XQ10 (XP-10155) would fit? Anyone tried before?
Old 03-01-2022, 01:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I wonder if getting the roll-bars set from XQ10 (XP-10155) would fit? Anyone tried before?
The dimensions are different. The XQ1/XQ10 bars are about 5mm wider on the middle segment, and 8mm shorter on the outer segments.
ntc3freak likes this.
Old 03-01-2022, 02:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gigaplex
The dimensions are different. The XQ1/XQ10 bars are about 5mm wider on the middle segment, and 8mm shorter on the outer segments.
Thank you for the info. Then best bet would probably be to file each ends of the roll-bars 0.5mm (?) at a time until the ball ends can sit vertically
Old 03-01-2022, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Xrayray
I make my own bars from spring steel at the LHS. Just have to make sure they are flat on your setup board before installing.

Just need the red thing to center the bar in the bulkhead. I also use the gray end links because you have to be able to tweak your sway bar, otherwise you won't get any sleep the night before a race. 👍
See now, I've considered making my own before but didn't know if I would be considered crazy for doing so. Right now I know I have a tweak in one of my bars and hence all of the effort to convert to a system that would allow me to compensate for it. Outside of that, no amount of me trying to bend the bars back to 'flat' seems to get me there. The bar just springs back tweaked. Thanks for the "tid bit".
Old 03-01-2022, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by IslandBwoy
See now, I've considered making my own before but didn't know if I would be considered crazy for doing so. Right now I know I have a tweak in one of my bars and hence all of the effort to convert to a system that would allow me to compensate for it. Outside of that, no amount of me trying to bend the bars back to 'flat' seems to get me there. The bar just springs back tweaked. Thanks for the "tid bit".
Every time the shocks are off, I check the sway bar tweak. Just using a caliper, it can be sorted as long as you have the gray anti roll bar ball joints.
Old 03-03-2022, 03:26 AM
Tech Rookie

that's a nice tub, is it optional?
Old 03-03-2022, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Remember, there is static tweak and dynamic tweak. You can get a zero static tweak but still have dynamic tweak due to the memory of the spring steel. You can flex it back out to neutral, but it takes patience.

With static tweak at zero, it will accelerate straight, but if there is dynamic tweak, it will react differently turning one way versus the other. It was really easy to define with a pan car. The pod would be flat when tested from the middle, but lift each rear tire and measure the height when the front tire lifted and they would be different, that was dynamic tweak. It might work on a TC chassis, but I think the extra weight of a TC and the relatively light sway bars we run would make it more difficult.
Old 03-04-2022, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Thank you for the info. Then best bet would probably be to file each ends of the roll-bars 0.5mm (?) at a time until the ball ends can sit vertically
You are absolutely correct. I cut a few mils off of each side with a dremel diamond cutting wheel and it came out perfect.

@ntc3freak - If you're running the Q2 buy the Q2 sway bars. Just get the composite ball cups or even use the one from the default sway bar kit for the bottom assembly (the part that attaches to the arms), they are the same size as what you would find on the upgraded kits with this system. Then just replace the hex screw with a ball stud and add part number xp-10652. It's probably the cheapest upgrade that you will ever do, and it is worth the time for what you get 100%!!!
Old 03-07-2022, 05:47 PM
Tech Rookie

is there anyway you can post part numbers for all the upgrade parts you put in the XQ2S? and was it all direct fit or did you have to modify anything? thanks for the help.
Old 03-07-2022, 05:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by timberline97
my .02

i have both. The xq10 and xq2s. I run the xq10 in vta and xq2s in usgt. I thought the exact same thing. When I put the xq2s and all the upgraded parts I thought I wanted, the difference wasn’t much. So the I bought the xq10 first. So, when I bought the xq2s, I thought I will run it like it is and see what I need. So far, I have put x-square djc axles, front out drive cups, and steering rack in it and I upgraded to the aluminum servo mount and springs, and aluminum hinge pin holders. I bought some aluminum hexes, 6, & 7 mm, for both cars and so now the xq2s has aluminum hexes. If money is no object, yeah. Xq10r all day. (You might check that out). But if I had to do it all over again, xq2s for both cars….

ps. The one thing I like about the xq2s over the xq10 is the c hubs. My xq2s came with v2 hubs so it has the flanged king pin collar…

is there anyway you can post part numbers for all the upgrade parts you put in the XQ2S? and was it all direct fit or did you have to modify anything? thanks for the help.
Old 03-07-2022, 05:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by gus6464
Who sells xpress in the US?
michaels rc hobbies
Old 03-07-2022, 05:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by gus6464
Who sells xpress in the US?
Michaels RC hobbies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.