Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gus6464
Who sells xpress in the US?
racevta.com
Old 03-08-2022, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by guido92
is there anyway you can post part numbers for all the upgrade parts you put in the XQ2S? and was it all direct fit or did you have to modify anything? thanks for the help.
Here is what I have put on my xq2s:

X2-00102 Aluminum Adjustable Ackermann Steering Plate For Xray T4
X2-00100 Spring Steel Spool Outdrive Adapter 2pcs For XQ10 XQ1S XQ2S XM1S
XP-10566 Upper Deck Stiffener For Execute Series Touring
XP-10136 Aluminum Servo Mount For Execute XQ1 XQ1S XQ2S XM1 XM1S FT1
XP-20018 Spring Steel Double Joint Driveshaft 41mm for Xray T2 T3 T4 XPRESS
XP-10114 Aluminum FF Lower One Piece Suspension Mount for Execute Series
XP-10123 Aluminum 2 Piece Suspension Mount 2pcs For Execute Series
XP-10124 Aluminum RR Lower One Piece Suspension Mount For Execute Series
XP-10127 Eccentric Bushing Set For Execute XQ1 XQ1S XQ10 FT1 FT1S FM1S
XP-10867 2mm Aluminum Main Chassis Plate For Execute XQ1 XQ1S XQ2S
XP-10129 12mm Aluminum Wheel Hex 5mm Red 2Pcs
WA-033RD Aluminum Hex Adaptor Set 12x6mm For 1/10 RC Touring Drift Crawler Red
XP-10326 Aluminum Anti-Roll Bar Set For Execute XQ1S XQ2S
XP-10600 Silicone Gear Differential X-RING 5x2mm 10pcs For Execute Xpresso

I did not have to modify anything. I just added all that up and it was almost $250. I got to looking at that list, and honestly, the one thing that I think is a must is the double joint cvd. The rest is only needed as stuff breaks and with that, on both the xq2s and xq10, I have only broken rear hubs.

Last edited by timberline97; 03-08-2022 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-08-2022, 05:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Hannes
A few posts ago I stated that I might upgrade my XQ1S with the new parts, well... I ordered and built the XQ2S already

Wrote down some things I´ve done while building the car and posted it in our Xpress Facebook group but I like to share it here too. Maybe it is useful to someone building the car.

I will go through this according to the order of the manual.

The ball cups sit very tight on the ball studs of the tie rods after assembly. A pair of pliers can be used to press the ball cups around the ball studs. You have to be very careful when doing this. Test again and again whether the ball pin can now be moved more easily. I have done this with all ball cups. With the lower ball cups of the dampers there is still something to consider, but I will go into that later.

When assembling the differential, I used the new green o-rings because they cause much less friction than the normal white ones. The differential comes after filling also like the dampers in the vacuum pump to remove the air.
I marked the nose of the ball bearing holders of the rigid axle and differential in white, so that the position is easier to recognize later.

When assembling the center shaft, make sure that the screws do not stick out on the other side and damage the belt. A thin washer between the screws and the gear prevents this. I exchanged the standard plastic holders of the center shaft for the optionally available aluminum ones. These twist even less, so there is no problem even with strong motors.
When installing the rear wishbones, the instructions recommend a 0.2mm washer between wishbone and bracket. This was too little for me. I shimmed the rear wishbones 0,3mm and the front wishbone 0,1mm.
I also ground off some material on the wheel carriers so that the suspension can move as easily as possible. This was also necessary on the steering levers so that they can be moved without force.
In the unused holes of the rear wheel carriers I turned a grub screw. This prevents damage to the other hole in case of an accident.

If the double-jointed CVDs are installed, a 3mm instead of 4mm wide ball bearing must be installed on the inside.

I did not install any stabilizers for the time being, as the vehicle will mainly be used on asphalt tracks with little grip.

When assembling the shocks, it is important to make sure that the ball socket is not screwed too far onto the piston rod. If this happens, the pivot ball can no longer move because it is clamped by the piston rod.
I also used the new green o-rings for the shocks. This makes the piston rods run even smoother. If you notice during filling that air is always sucked in from below when the piston rod is pushed into the damper, the O-ring must be compressed more with a thin washer. This comes between rod cover and O-ring.
As with the XQ1S, the assembly went without major problems. Everything was easy to build as described and apart from grinding and reaming the suspension parts, no rework was necessary. Better to grind off some of the parts than to have to work directly with washers, at least that's my opinion.

The chassis makes a good impression and I'm looking forward to the first laps after the lockdown is over here.
I hope I can help one or the other when assembling the chassis with the tips. 🙂
is there a way you can post the part numbers for the upgraded parts you used. thank you for the info.
Old 03-08-2022, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

I would say don't worry so much about upgrades. This is meant to be a budget car and can quickly reach XQ10 level of money, if you're not careful. Having said that, these are the options I would recommend on the car :
  • XP-10690 MID PULLEY CONVERSION KIT FOR EXECUTE XQ1S XQ2S
    • Converts the car into mid-motor config, which is the de facto standard in touring cars these days. Bonus, comes with aluminium steering posts, so no need to buy separately! I found the plastic posts absolute trash
  • XP-10166 STEEL DOUBLE JOINT UNIVERSAL SHAFT 2PCS FOR EXECUTE SERIES TOURING CHASSIS
    • ​​​​​​​Self-explanatory. DCJs are really a necessity for touring cars with spool up front. Note, will need to get the slightly slimmer 5x10x3mm bearings (2pcs)
  • ​​​​​​​XP-10326 ALUMINUM ANTI-ROLL BAR SET FOR EXECUTE XQ1S XQ2S​​​​​​​
  • XP-10136 ALUMINUM SERVO MOUNT FOR EXECUTE XQ1 XQ1S XQ2S XM1 XM1S FT1 FT1S DR1S
    • ​​​​​​​Stiffens up the servo mount compared to the kit composite part. Also has a cutout so would actually fit servos that have the wire coming out towards the middle of the car, like my Power HD D12​​​​​​​

And a few nice to haves (optional) :
  • XP-10114 ALUMINUM FF LOWER ONE PIECE SUSPENSION MOUNT FOR EXECUTE SERIES
  • XP-10124 ALUMINUM RR LOWER ONE PIECE SUSPENSION MOUNT FOR EXECUTE SERIES
  • XP-10123 ALUMINUM 2 PIECE SUSPENSION MOUNT 2PCS FOR EXECUTE SERIES
    • ​​​​​​​Get 2 sets for both front and rear
  • ​​​​​​​XP-10127 ECCENTRIC BUSHING SET FOR EXECUTE XQ1 XQ1S XQ10 FT1 FT1S FM1S XQ10F XQ2S
    • ​​​​​​​To be used with the above suspension mounts to adjust toe, roll center, anti-dive, anti-squat, etc.
  • XP-10671 COMPOSITE SPOOL TITANIUM OUTDRIVE ADAPTOR 3.5MM 2PCS FOR EXECUTE SERIES TOURING​​​​​​​
    • ​​​​​​​Frees up the front-end massively, especially in combination with the DCJs

That should cover it. Any more than this, I would rather just start looking at getting the XQ10R, unless you really need to race with a FRP Chassis
Old 03-09-2022, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've built one that I consider the minimum for a competitive and reliable racer. Here's the minimum upgrades in my opinion.

XP-10326 - Xpress Aluminum Anti-Roll Bar Set For Execute XQ1S XQ2S
XP-10129 - Xpress 12mm Aluminum Wheel Hex 5mm Red 2Pcs - 2 sets
XP-20018 - X-Square Spring Steel Double Joint Driveshaft 41mm for Xray T2 T3 T4 XPRESS FT1S FT1 XQ1 XQ1S XQ2S
XP-10494 - Xpress Aluminum Lowered High Lock Steering Post For Execute touring Series
XP-10671 - Xpress Composite Spool Titanium Outdrive Adaptor 3.5mm 2pcs For Execute Series Touring

Sway bars for tuning and improved handling - Wheel hex for reliability and mostly convenience - DC driveshafts for smoothness and performance - Aluminum steering posts for durability - TI outdrives for smoothness and performance.

I've also added a set of SMJ1006 2.5-2.7 progressive front springs that improved corner speed. Everything else I've added has not had a noticeable effect on performance.

timberline97 and Xrayray like this.
Old 03-09-2022, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trx-1racer
I've built one that I consider the minimum for a competitive and reliable racer. Here's the minimum upgrades in my opinion.

XP-10326 - Xpress Aluminum Anti-Roll Bar Set For Execute XQ1S XQ2S
XP-10129 - Xpress 12mm Aluminum Wheel Hex 5mm Red 2Pcs - 2 sets
XP-20018 - X-Square Spring Steel Double Joint Driveshaft 41mm for Xray T2 T3 T4 XPRESS FT1S FT1 XQ1 XQ1S XQ2S
XP-10494 - Xpress Aluminum Lowered High Lock Steering Post For Execute touring Series
XP-10671 - Xpress Composite Spool Titanium Outdrive Adaptor 3.5mm 2pcs For Execute Series Touring

Sway bars for tuning and improved handling - Wheel hex for reliability and mostly convenience - DC driveshafts for smoothness and performance - Aluminum steering posts for durability - TI outdrives for smoothness and performance.

I've also added a set of SMJ1006 2.5-2.7 progressive front springs that improved corner speed. Everything else I've added has not had a noticeable effect on performance.
Are those springs stiffer or softer than the Xpress blue springs (kit)?
Old 03-09-2022, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Xrayray
Are those springs stiffer or softer than the Xpress blue springs (kit)?
I don't have a number on the kit springs, but based on how they feel, I'm going to say they are softer. If I had to guess the kit springs are about 2.7... Maybe someone can clarify for us.
Old 03-09-2022, 09:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't have a number on the kit springs, but based on how they feel, I'm going to say they are softer. If I had to guess the kit springs are about 2.7... Maybe someone can clarify for us.
The XQ2S comes with medium silver, which I've measured at between 2.6 and 2.7.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gigaplex
The XQ2S comes with medium silver, which I've measured at between 2.6 and 2.7.
Really?? Xpress makes two other springs. I wonder what rate those are:
XP-10170
XP-10169
XP-10168
Old 03-10-2022, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timberline97
Really?? Xpress makes two other springs. I wonder what rate those are:
XP-10170
XP-10169
XP-10168
I measured black at 2.4. Don't think I've measured the pink yet but they felt similar to the silver.
Old 03-10-2022, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gigaplex
I measured black at 2.4. Don't think I've measured the pink yet but they felt similar to the silver.
Interesting. I have two sets of silver. One that came with the xq2s and the other with the xq10. I ditched them and went with xray and destiny springs. I liked the number markings rather than colors.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 03-10-2022, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by timberline97
Interesting. I have two sets of silver. One that came with the xq2s and the other with the xq10. I ditched them and went with xray and destiny springs. I liked the number markings rather than colors.
Similarly, I chose the SMJ's because the shop had them in stock. They are color coded, but come with a cheat sheet. So it's quick and easy to identify what they are. I like the Yokomo springs with the print on them.
timberline97 likes this.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

I like the Yokomo springs with the print on them.
Yeah I see those.. That is pretty cool.
Old 03-13-2022, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well dang... Got a great deal on an A800MMX, so sold the XQ2S. Will continue to follow though.
Old 03-13-2022, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Well dang... Got a great deal on an A800MMX, so sold the XQ2S. Will continue to follow though.
nice car! Good luck with it!!
trx-1racer likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.